Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not Disturb Glitch Fixed One Day Early for Some

Default Do Not Disturb Glitch Fixed One Day Early for Some

New Years Day of 2013, iOS 6 users that take advantage of the new Do Not Disturb feature on their devices to silence notifications for a period of time had experienced a terrible glitch that caused Do Not Disturb to continue past the scheduled time that the user had set in the Do Not Disturb preferences pane. A similar New Years glitch affected alarm clocks in 2012.

The bug caused many people New Years Day, and many days after, to miss their notifications because they were never notified until hours later when they woke up their iOS devices to find multiple notifications stacked on the lock screen. Apple issued an official statement on Wednesday promising that the nasty bug would fix itself automatically on January 7th.

Early Sunday morning, the glitch appears to have been fixed for some. These lucky users should find that Do Not Disturb is no longer continuing past its scheduled time. It is one day earlier than expected, but many iOS 6 users that rely on Do Not Disturb will have no problem with the feature being fixed a day early.

With the glitch fixed, these users should now be able to set scheduled Do Not Disturb sessions and feel confident that the feature will switch on and switch off at the times selected from the Do Not Disturb preferences pane. If you're not a part of the handful that the feature has been fixed for, it should be up and running between today and tomorrow.

Is Do Not Disturb working correctly for you?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-06-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Nope. I had to turn it off this morning manually when I woke up.

I dont know why people are making such a big deal out of this... I've never used DND and personally i think that it is useless... If i dont want to be disturbed i just put my phone on silent...

So because YOU don't use it YOU don't know why people make such a big deal out of it. Unreal.
    Anyway I didn't get the early fix either. I had to manually shut it off also. Be glad when tomorrow comes and it gets a self fix.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sargd66 For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (01-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sargd66 View Post
    So because YOU don't use it YOU don't know why people make such a big deal out of it. Unreal.
    Anyway I didn't get the early fix either. I had to manually shut it off also. Be glad when tomorrow comes and it gets a self fix.
    How is do not disturb any different from the silence button on your iphone!

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Its automatic. If you forget to unsilence your phone, it stays silenced.

*Mod edit: Language*
    Last edited by i.Annie; 01-06-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Really?!?! Maybe you need to try it then. Do you set a fresh alarm to wake up each morning? That is if you get up at a particular time each day. Or, do you set an alarm for the week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sargd66 For This Useful Post:

jery911 (01-06-2013)

Vibrate still causes some alarms to be audible. Also DND will cause your phone not to vibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Vibrate still causes some alarms to be audible. Also DND will cause your phone not to vibrate.
    You shouldn't put the phone on ur bed when sleeping its bad for ur health

Yep itís fixed for me, just have to restart the phone.

I dont know why people are making such a big deal out of this... I've never used DND and personally i think that it is useless... If i dont want to be disturbed i just put my phone on silent...
    Thatís like saying because I donít use windows or android OS, that they are terrible and pointless to have ever been made, they are good operating systems and DND is a good feature. People like windows and android. Just because I donít use them, doesnít mean they are pointless/not necessary.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-06-2013 at 04:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 5 has been working fine. iPad 3 has dnd stuck on all day. Weird.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was lucky. It only happened to me on new years day. I had to turn it off my self but from there it never happened again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,012 Posts

This is such a happy thread...!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    insult removed
    I think you owe him/her an apology - name calling is not acceptable,
    Last edited by Simon; 01-06-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

It's not so much the having to turn DND on and off manually, I've been suspecting that it's been staying on even when it says it's off, there will be oddball times where I won't get either an audible or vibrated notification that something has come in on my phone. Does anyone know why this will magically fix itself by tomorrow?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blind56 View Post
    It's not so much the having to turn DND on and off manually, I've been suspecting that it's been staying on even when it says it's off, there will be oddball times where I won't get either an audible or vibrated notification that something has come in on my phone. Does anyone know why this will magically fix itself by tomorrow?
    I'm guessing Apple saw a bug in the code but were lazy enough to issue 6.0.3 when 6.1 is around the corner and they prolly fixed this bug in 6.1 already. Apple released a stmt that it'll be automagically fixed.

You shouldn't put the phone on ur bed when sleeping its bad for ur health
    Meetings, interviews, movies, dates...

Is it really newsworthy that a glitch in iOS fixed one day earlier than it was supposed to?!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Raybeast For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (01-07-2013)

Thanks

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Meetings, interviews, movies, dates...
    Yes,but everybody has a excuse for that,while health is the most important thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast