Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

Finally!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    tempted to just update to 6.0.2 just to see if it help my wifi issue
    I aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    I aswell
    I did the update from 6.0 to 6.02 and wifi is working better for me, though not always perfect. I had to reboot my phone this morning to get wifi to 'wake-up'. My battery life is the same as before. The update made no difference. I was recently playing around with that and put the brightness all the way up and my battery got sucked away rapidly. I moved the slider to about a quarter from the left which is just bright enough and not too dim for me in most lighting and the battery lasts well into 68% after using the phone for 9 hours (not watching videos, but occasionally texting, doing a little twitter here and there all day).

I just figured if the devs say they have a jailbreak on 6.0.2, I want to be there also.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    The people that make the jailbreaks don't benefit monetarily. None of them even sell product on cydia and the jailbreaks are free.
    this is not true. They actually received well over $40,000 in donations. If I remember the quoted figure, it may have been almost $80,000.

Not a bad little bit of side money, even if it were divided amongst a few.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    this is not true. They actually received well over $40,000 in donations. If I remember the quoted figure, it may have been almost $80,000.

Not a bad little bit of side money, even if it were divided amongst a few.
    I believe you are referring to Comex and jailbreakme.com right? I think it was $40K in donations for the first one and $15K for jailbreakme2 if I remember correctly what Comex said.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I believe you are referring to Comex and jailbreakme.com right? I think it was $40K in donations for the first one and $15K for jailbreakme2 if I remember correctly what Comex said.
    Yes, I believe you are correct. Sorry if I confused them.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

The level of desperation I'm at without a jailbreak I'm sure I would help boost jailbreakme3's total!

Enough to nearly get me divorced should I say!

since they are no longer signing 6.0.1 should I update from 6.0 to 6.0.2? TIA

Thanks

Unless your having issues, just wait for 6.1

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jon347 (01-08-2013)

Definitely a god chunk, however who was that split with? What percentages and such ya know? as a guess from figures I know of what themers have made (and tweaks sell well more IMO) popular tweak devs are bringing in 6 figures if not close to that.

I guess my point is, yeah the donations are great however the tweak devs and such are the ones that make the monies.

Again this is all speculation on what I've observed being a cydia merchant myself

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 919 Posts

I'm planning on buying an iPhone 5 at the end of this month
    I won't know what firmware it will come with but just wandering will it be jail breakable ?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    I won't know what firmware it will come with but just wandering will it be jail breakable ?
    Your guess is as good as ours. If 6.1 is on it then it is debatable if there will be a jailbreak. If the jailbreak requires 4 bugs and say Apple inadvertently has patched 2 of them in 6.1, then obviously the jailbreak won't work\be complete\possible. In that case the devs may decide to hang on to the 2 bugs that were not patched and look for other bugs they can use along with the bugs they have to make a complete working jailbreak in 6.1. Consider if Apple inadvertently patched all 4 bugs that are used with the un-cooked jailbreak they have and are working on with 6.0.2, they have nothing to lose so they may release a jailbreak for 6.0.2. Typically though we have not seen them do this for an iOS version that Apple is not signing anymore. Judging by what they have said they don't have the jailbreak for 6.0.2 fully operable so it sounds like to me they wouldn't release a half-baked jailbreak with the signing window closed anyway. We can only hope the bugs that Planetbeing used in 6.0.2 to jailbreak all still exist in 6.1. If it makes sense to release a jailbeak for 6.1, they will. Just realize every time they release a jailbreak they lose the bugs they found that allowed the jailbreak to happen because Apple WILL patch them on the next version of iOS.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bencjedi For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    I aswell
    I did it and had no change with wifi. Battery seemed a bit better. But went back to 6.0.1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Your guess is as good as ours. If 6.1 is on it then it is debatable if there will be a jailbreak. If the jailbreak requires 4 bugs and say Apple inadvertently has patched 2 of them in 6.1, then obviously the jailbreak won't work\be complete\possible. In that case the devs may decide to hang on to the 2 bugs that were not patched and look for other bugs they can use along with the bugs they have to make a complete working jailbreak in 6.1. Consider if Apple inadvertently patched all 4 bugs that are used with the un-cooked jailbreak they have and are working on with 6.0.2, they have nothing to lose so they may release a jailbreak for 6.0.2. Typically though we have not seen them do this for an iOS version that Apple is not signing anymore. Judging by what they have said they don't have the jailbreak for 6.0.2 fully operable so it sounds like to me they wouldn't release a half-baked jailbreak with the signing window closed anyway. We can only hope the bugs that Planetbeing used in 6.0.2 to jailbreak all still exist in 6.1. If it makes sense to release a jailbeak for 6.1, they will. Just realize every time they release a jailbreak they lose the bugs they found that allowed the jailbreak to happen because Apple WILL patch them on the next version of iOS.
    Good points and although Planetbeing is on 6.0.2, they're waiting for the final release of 6.1 to hit. To me, this means that the Beta versions of 6.1 have exploits that the Devs are hoping will stay open once the GM is released!

Time will tell....

Thanks
    Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    I bought an iPhone 5 two days ago, it has 6.0.1 loaded on it. I have downloaded the 6.0.2 IPSW but haven't installed it...yet. I plan to do this over the next few days.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks to you guys keep the good work friends. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I plan to do this over the next few days.
    Why?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    But went back to 6.0.1
    Why lol

Thanks

I am on 4s 6.0.1. I don't See a 6.0.2 update do I need it??

Thanks

6.0.2 is only for iph5 and iPad mini!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast