+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by subywrex I believe jay freeman said himself around 1 percent of iDevices are jailbroken. It's just funny when people throw out numbers no one really knows Here’s
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I believe jay freeman said himself around 1 percent of iDevices are jailbroken.

It's just funny when people throw out numbers no one really knows
    Here’s What Jay Freeman (Saurik) Said At MyGreatFest

Thanks

See? I have no idea what my sources are. So glad someone can actually back up my ramblings...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    See? I have no idea what my sources are. So glad someone can actually back up my ramblings...
    Even found this by some "sourceless" fella lol : saurik at MyGreatFest
    Nice video included, Saurik is on at the 2hr24min mark for anyone who wants to hear it right from him.
    2hr36min mark is where he talks about how many jailbroken devices there are.

Thanks

It was a great day.
    I learned a lot.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Stand corrected then

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    So everyone is still "holding off" because of a pending update. Guess what, there are always pending updates. Keeping it to himself...LOL. In other words, **** all you guys, I have it and you dont...neener neener neener.
    Not really the case.... the point is ios6 is still buggy and they are still doing point releases .. ( 6.0.1 .. 6.0.2 ) .. the next major release is 6.1 which, hopefully will be a stable release that fixes a lot of issues ( like the horrid maps app ) ... so hanging on to the exploits for the next major release makes more sense than burning it on a point release which Apple will simply block on 6.1 if they do.

After 6.1 we'll probably see 6.1.1... 6.1.2 .. then 7

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    So eventually one day Apple will fix all exploits and Jailbreaking will be a thing of the past? I hope they realize that the only reason I and many others have bought the last 3-4 iphones is because of the jailbreak. If I know for sure that the 5S or 6 will be un-exploitable I will probably just go with a Samsung Galaxy 3-4.
    They have to realize just like the Xbox that the Jailbreak is the main reason they sell so many units.
    That will never happen... With every new iOS release there are new features, new versions of official Apple apps .. with new software comes new exploits.. it's just that we got spoiled in the early days because Apple wasn't used to having a small army of jailbreak hackers scouring their OS for holes.. they were no doubt much lazier back then in their development because they figured it was a closed system.. they are just being stricter about their development practices now and making it harder for hackers to find holes..

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    I'm sorry dude but you are very poorly informed. The percentage of people who jailbreak their iPhone is probably around 2-4% of all iPhones sold. Just because your close circle all jailbreak doesn't mean it's a representative group
    I'm sure it just seems that way but it's the same in my experience.. I don't know anyone who has a non-jailbroken iphone except a woman I work with who does sales and has no clue even how to use her mail app ..

But ultimately if Apple would make a few changes then I probably wouldn't have any desire/need to jailbreak my own device.. I mostly do it for a couple of tweaks I love.. such as improved folders and the ability to select chrome as my default browser.

One thing is sure though.. with as long as it's taking to JB 6.x .. the number of jailbroken devices is declining .. many people are giving up waiting.
    Last edited by oneduality; 01-06-2013 at 06:08 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oneduality For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-06-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sure the programmers that sell Cydia-only apps and tweaks are noticing a drop in their revenue because so many of us upgraded to iPhone 5 and don't have a jailbreak to go buying new tweaks and new apps. It's in their best interest to get one made (that's stable of course). The timing as others have said certainly matters. As a user just be patient.. I'm sure the same hackers would like to sell their new non-Apple-Approved apps and tweaks to us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bencjedi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    I'm sure the programmers that sell Cydia-only apps and tweaks are noticing a drop in their revenue because so many of us upgraded to iPhone 5 and don't have a jailbreak to go buying new tweaks and new apps. It's in their best interest to get one made (that's stable of course). The timing as others have said certainly matters. As a user just be patient.. I'm sure the same hackers would like to sell their new non-Apple-Approved apps and tweaks to us.
    +1
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Problem is the tweak devs are not the ones making the profits. So a jailbreak isn't monetarily rewarding to them only the people who use a jailbreak to sell these non apple approved products

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm about to say **** it and just sell my phone it seems like its never gonna come we been hearing the same thing for a while I thank the Dev team for all their hard work and every other hacker out there that have help to make this phone a 1000 times better but my God I'm loosing hope...
    Last edited by Simon; 01-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chula View Post
    I'm about to say **** it and just sell my phone it seems like its never gonna come we been hearing the same thing for a while I thank the Dev team for all their hard work and every other hacker out there that have help to make this phone a 1000 times better but my God I'm loosing hope...
    Sounds extreme to me. Guess its a bit of a hard one for you? To me the iPhone is still a sweet phone. Might not be the biggest or the best now (as a lot of iOS & android users are able to point out ) but it is still a gd phone that does a heck of a lot. Up to each person tho and their requirements. Good luck
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Sounds extreme to me. Guess its a bit of a hard one for you? To me the iPhone is still a sweet phone. Might not be the biggest or the best now (as a lot of iOS & android users are able to point out ) but it is still a gd phone that does a heck of a lot. Up to each person tho and their requirements. Good luck
    +10000000

Buy a phone for the phone not for the jailbreak.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-06-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,047 Times in 6,223 Posts

Buy a phone for the phone not for the jailbreak.
    yeah, but the jailbreak makes playing with the phone soooo much better!!!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact that there has not been a JB for i5 yet is just sad.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So everyone is still "holding off" because of a pending update. Guess what, there are always pending updates. Keeping it to himself...LOL. In other words, **** all you guys, I have it and you dont...neener neener neener.
    Stupid is as stupid does momma always used to say.

Thanks

That's false. He stated he is jailbroken on 6.0.2. Very doubtful the jailbreak will be release if its not compatible with 6.1 when that is released.

Historically speaking a jailbreak have never been released for a firmware that isn't being signed by apple

Additionally it is my opinion that when devs say "jail breakers don't update" when apple puts out an update, they are more likely speaking to people that are already on a jailbreak. Could be wrong though lol
    Yes, of course, the devs advise jailbreakers not to update. They want as many customers as possible to sell their jailbroken apps to, and as many hits as possible on cydia. It's a business decision. They must not be losing too many JBers so far or the new JB would have been out at 6.0.1. They seem to be holding the new JBs longer each time, probably because of the large JB (by numbers, not %) community, although it is obviously getting harder to JB. If Apple would invoke the SBSettings toggles, including remove background, I probably wouldn't bother JBing even though I also used MyWi on my 4S.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yes the iPhone 4 does have a bootrom exploit. It's available in all A4 devices and it's called limera1n. The bootrom exploit is the whole reason we have the tethered jailbreak.
    Then i stand corrected

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
    Yes, of course, the devs advise jailbreakers not to update. They want as many customers as possible to sell their jailbroken apps to, and as many hits as possible on cydia. It's a business decision. They must not be losing too many JBers so far or the new JB would have been out at 6.0.1. They seem to be holding the new JBs longer each time, probably because of the large JB (by numbers, not %) community, although it is obviously getting harder to JB. If Apple would invoke the SBSettings toggles, including remove background, I probably wouldn't bother JBing even though I also used MyWi on my 4S.
    ....so wise....😒

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I feel like they've said this before. But I think the spirit of his words are 'Don't give up on us yet!'

So I guess we hold our breaths a little bit longer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

If only such a small amount 2-5% of iPhone users have a jailbroken device why does apple try so hard to keep the device locked down?!? Why not just let the 5% have it jailbroken. I mean it has to take a lot of time money development etc. to make a more secure iOS. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone's statements. Just putting my thoughts out there

+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast