Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I think you missed my point... Jail breaking is not bad, I love doing it, but it's not a necessity, I said you should buy an iOS device if you love iOS, not if you love a jailbroken iOS and can't have one without it.
    I don't think he missed your point. I think he's trying too hard to be a parody account.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

KraXik (01-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't think he missed your point. I think he's trying too hard to be a parody account.
    Oh I did not even notice his account name... I just took a look. Wow he's very clever..

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The issues with OTA are usually if you do a re-restore to say 5.1.1, it has prohibited many people from doing it on here and as stated by redsn0w.
    iPhone 5 to my knowledge can't be restored to a non apple signed FW

5. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-06-2013)

I have a question.. Can't they modify and make a custom IPSW with their own security holes so they can inject the code? Why does it have to be the original & clean firmware?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,550 Times in 7,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProTeamOtto View Post
    I have a question.. Can't they modify and make a custom IPSW with their own security holes so they can inject the code? Why does it have to be the original & clean firmware?
    There would be no way to install custom firmware on a iPhone 4S or 5 to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTeamOtto View Post
    Haha there no way u can put bugs in apples operating system... Although i wish it was that easy :/
    Best thing u can wish for the devs to find a botroom exploit that would make the jailbreak last for years ( just like with 3gs --> theres always an untethered JB for 3gs :/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    ( just like with 3gs --> theres always an untethered JB for 3gs :/ )
    Only old BR 3GS, not new BR.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    iPhone 5 to my knowledge can't be restored to a non apple signed FW
    Not yet, but why take the chance of potentially screwing yourself for the future. It's just throwing another unknown variable into the mix.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,381 Posts

Haha there no way u can put bugs in apples operating system... Although i wish it was that easy :/
    Best thing u can wish for the devs to find a botroom exploit that would make the jailbreak last for years ( just like with 3gs --> theres always an untethered JB for 3gs :/ )
    You forgot about the iPhone 4, too

My iPhone is a Part of Me Paulw2008's Avatar
    Thanks

So does this means its save to update to 6.0.2?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You forgot about the iPhone 4, too
    No the iphone 4 doesnt have a botroom exploit... However u can jailbreak it but its only tethered... A botroom exploit means that u can jb the phone through the hardware and not the software so no matter what apple does to the software there will always be a jailbreak for them and this is the best kind of JB coz it last for a long time ( as long as u have the phone with u )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulw2008 View Post
    So does this means its save to update to 6.0.2?

According to planetbeing yea coz the jailbreak will be released on 6.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    I guess I live in an anomaly. Nearly ALL of my friends own a Jailbroken iphone and Nearly ALL of them own a "hacked" or Jailbroken Xbox. I really believe that the 5% number is something put out by companies like Apple and Microsoft to make it appear like no one is really JB'ing their devices...
    lol, just because YOUR friends all jailbreak their devices doesn't mean EVERYONE does... thats like me saying EVERYONE in the world must live in Virginia because all my neighbors do

Quote Originally Posted by mwhite67 View Post
    My xbox is still online. Has been for years.
    wow, I've always read it was impossible or only a matter of time before the big MS would catch it... UNLESS you do something like this.
    2012 B8 Audi //S4
    -Cliff
    [CENTER]DISCLAIMER: ASSUME THE ABOVE WAS POSTED AS A SMART A55 COMMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

Thanks
    Thanked 15,550 Times in 7,109 Posts

No the iphone 4 doesnt have a botroom exploit
    Yes, it does. limera1n - The iPhone Wiki
    bootrom exploit doesn't automatically mean always untethered though. It does mean it can always be jailbroken (in the case of the limera1n exploit it being tethered).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-06-2013)

No the iphone 4 doesnt have a botroom exploit... However u can jailbreak it but its only tethered...
    Yes the iPhone 4 does have a bootrom exploit. It's available in all A4 devices and it's called limera1n. The bootrom exploit is the whole reason we have the tethered jailbreak.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,381 Posts

It's never too late to learn something new!!! LOL!

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, now that was funny hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    I guess I live in an anomaly. Nearly ALL of my friends own a Jailbroken iphone and Nearly ALL of them own a "hacked" or Jailbroken Xbox. I really believe that the 5% number is something put out by companies like Apple and Microsoft to make it appear like no one is really JB'ing their devices...
    Not sure of the actual figures now as new devices have been released that can't be JB but in the past it was a fairly steady 6-12% 12% was what it went up to until a newdevice was released when it dropped as low as 6% until the new JB was released when it went back up to 12%

With the release of A5 devices it has probably gone down so 5% probably isn't to wide of the mark.

If a new JB is released for all devices then I would expect to see it head back up to the 12% mark.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Not sure of the actual figures now as new devices have been released that can't be JB but in the past it was a fairly steady 6-12% 12% was what it went up to until a newdevice was released when it dropped as low as 6% until the new JB was released when it went back up to 12%

With the release of A5 devices it has probably gone down so 5% probably isn't to wide of the mark.

If a new JB is released for all devices then I would expect to see it head back up to the 12% mark.
    I believe jay freeman said himself around 1 percent of iDevices are jailbroken.

It's just funny when people throw out numbers no one really knows

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

The reduced ability to Pirate may affect that 12%. Not that I want those kind of users in the community anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    The reduced ability to Pirate may affect that 12%. Not that I want those kind of users in the community anyway.
    I hope that pirates account for a very small percentage of jailbreakers.most people are not that stupid.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast