Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

I'm just gonna update.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

I don't quite get the story here. You are talking about exploits for JB. Ok, fine. So with every new release of IOS there are less holes and bugs, therefore less exploits, right. Well, no wonder, since the last IOS versions, let's say, starting from IOS 4 until today, brought us only minor improvements. So, if I imagine that over the years Apple implemented improvements, such as, Zephyr, Forecast, BiteSMS, Check and similar (BTW tweaks and Apps I couldn't live without), than IOS would be full of holes like Swiss cheese and jealbreak would be a joke. Probably, but in that case we wouldn't need any jealbreak. So, as long as Apple doesn't make IOS more user friendly, jailbreak is a must. Period. I just can not believe that those tweaks integrated, would be such a risk for stability of IOS.

I would not update.
    If I did update I certainly wouldn't do it OTA.
    No one has mentioned what a nice guy PB is - the only other member of the community that is as nice is MN. Those two just let the crap wash over them. They are far better people than anyone else I know. They are both geniuses and modest with it.
    I have nothing but the utmost respect for them both.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    I don't quite get the story here. You are talking about exploits for JB. Ok, fine. So with every new release of IOS there are less holes and bugs, therefore less exploits, right. Well, no wonder, since the last IOS versions, let's say, starting from IOS 4 until today, brought us only minor improvements. So, if I imagine that over the years Apple implemented improvements, such as, Zephyr, Forecast, BiteSMS, Check and similar (BTW tweaks and Apps I couldn't live without), than IOS would be full of holes like Swiss cheese and jealbreak would be a joke. Probably, but in that case we wouldn't need any jealbreak. So, as long as Apple doesn't make IOS more user friendly, jailbreak is a must. Period. I just can not believe that those tweaks integrated, would be such a risk for stability of IOS.
    "what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Lmao in all seriousness. What you said was all over the place. Having more holes makes jail breaking worse? iOS isn't user friendly?

Umm

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (01-06-2013), joshlogic (01-05-2013), King_O_Hill (01-05-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    More nonsense from these "hackers". We'll get a usable untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 a month or two before iOS7 comes out and once again makes JB completely irrelevant once again.
    jailbreaking is uneccesary

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    So is air - if you're dead.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So is air - if you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    You're right, but if you want to have cool features and get more efficient use out of your idevice, then jail breaking is necessary.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    You're right, but if you want to have cool features and get more efficient use out of your idevice, then jail breaking is necessary.
    +1
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

So the question of will this work on 6.0 was never answered
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    So the question of will this work on 6.0 was never answered
    The jailbreak is being tested and worked on for iOS 6.0.2. iOS 6.0 is in the dust. Soon attention will be on iOS 6.1 and not iOS 6.0.2.

I'm not going to advise updating until an official announcement confirms it's okay to upgrade. And asking right now is too early for anyone to answer.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

ecd5000 (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I'm just gonna chill at 6.0.1 and see what happens

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    So eventually one day Apple will fix all exploits and Jailbreaking will be a thing of the past? I hope they realize that the only reason I and many others have bought the last 3-4 iphones is because of the jailbreak. If I know for sure that the 5S or 6 will be un-exploitable I will probably just go with a Samsung Galaxy 3-4.
    They have to realize just like the Xbox that the Jailbreak is the main reason they sell so many units.
    I'm guessing less than 1 percent of iphones are jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    Checksum, where did you get your numbers from regarding Jailbreaks? I remember seeing something a few months back that the amount of people that jailbreak their iPhones (not sure about other "i" devices) is something like less than 5% of the total amount sold... 5% is FAAAR below a majority of any kind...

You also mention xbox... 99% of people that purchase an xbox do so to play games online, once you mod your xbox it WILL be flagged by microsoft and you will no longer be able to get that console online.
    My xbox is still online. Has been for years.

All the devs have 6.1, I can't imagine that it would be for anything except that. Especially seeing the 6.1 should be released very soon. It makes 0 sense to release a JB on a firmware that is not being signed. I wouldn't take the risk if you can't get back to a jailbreakable iOS. What if you have a problem during the jailbreak process and need to restore from iTunes, you would be screwed and forced to update to a firmware that there isn't a jailbreak on.

Just doesn't make sense to wait for 6.1 and then only release one for 6.0.2. Remember that 6.0.2 is only for iph5 and iPad mini. What do peeps with older decides do???

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

I can wait as IOS 6.1 will have better features n bugs fixed

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    I'm just gonna update.
    I got me new iphone5 last Saturday. It had 6.0.1 installed. I couldn't keep my wifi connected and even when it would sometimes connect, it would be REALLY slow. I upgraded to 6.0.2 and it fixes my issues and my LTE is now also really fast. Getting 28mb/s down and 10mb/s up around town. Battery life is much better than my iPhone 4s.

Upgrade was worth it and I'm sure they'll have the jailbreak work on 6.1 when it comes out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NiteStar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-05-2013)

Is it good to update from iOS 6.0 to 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S OTA? The (1) badge for Software Update on Settings app is annoying.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"The best thing we can do as a community is offer positive support to the hackers, be thankful for their work, and to just be patient. "
    This has always been true , people just need to let the devs pick the time to issue a JB.

"Planetbeing is the real deal and he has been behind jailbreaks in the past, so we trust his judgment."
    agree 100%

[QUOTE=Checksum47;6734462]So eventually one day Apple will fix all exploits and Jailbreaking will be a thing of the past? I hope they realize that the only reason I and many others have bought the last 3-4 iphones is because of the jailbreak. If I know for sure that the 5S or 6 will be un-exploitable I will probably just go with a Samsung Galaxy 3-4.
    They have to realize just like the Xbox that the Jailbreak is the main reason they sell so many units.[/Q

I agree about not buying anymore iphones if I can't JB them. As far as Apple fixing all expliots , not likely since all new software (even the code I write) introduces potential bugs and hence possible exploits.
    Last edited by LGgeek; 01-05-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Is it good to update from iOS 6.0 to 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S OTA? The (1) badge for Software Update on Settings app is annoying.
    I would not do it by OTA.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I would not do it by OTA.
    What is the difference between updating OTA and via computer? Why is it not okay doing it OTA?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast