+ Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Checksum47 I guess I live in an anomaly. Nearly ALL of my friends own a Jailbroken iphone and Nearly ALL of them own a "hacked" or Jailbroken
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    I guess I live in an anomaly. Nearly ALL of my friends own a Jailbroken iphone and Nearly ALL of them own a "hacked" or Jailbroken Xbox. I really believe that the 5% number is something put out by companies like Apple and Microsoft to make it appear like no one is really JB'ing their devices...
    I'm sorry dude but you are very poorly informed. The percentage of people who jailbreak their iPhone is probably around 2-4% of all iPhones sold. Just because your close circle all jailbreak doesn't mean it's a representative group

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyydaveyy For This Useful Post:

iPhonePutz (01-05-2013), King_O_Hill (01-05-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure Saurik has the count on how many users of Cydia are out there.
    Take that number and compare it to the sales figures for iphones and you will have an idea.
    I've always had jailbroken iphones since the 3GS.
    Now, because I wanted to sell it while it was hot, I sold my iphone 4 and have an unjailbroken 5.
    I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer for the jailbreak.
    It makes sense for the team to wait until IOS 6.1, plus not giving up a jailbreak so they can use it
    for future exploits is a fantastic idea. Let's give the Dev Team some credit for stepping up the game!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    I'm sure Saurik has the count on how many users of Cydia are out there.
    Take that number and compare it to the sales figures for iphones and you will have an idea.
    I've always had jailbroken iphones since the 3GS.
    Now, because I wanted to sell it while it was hot, I sold my iphone 4 and have an unjailbroken 5.
    I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer for the jailbreak.
    It makes sense for the team to wait until IOS 6.1, plus not giving up a jailbreak so they can use it
    for future exploits is a fantastic idea. Let's give the Dev Team some credit for stepping up the game!
    +1000

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    tempted to just update to 6.0.2 just to see if it help my wifi issue
    My iPhone 5 still has iOS 6.0.0. Should I update to 6.0.2? And if so would it be better to do the on-device update or download and the update in iTunes on my PC? Is there any difference?

EVO
    Thanks

Goes to show how much support these devs receive when they release a jailbreak versus when they don't

Some people just have no clue how arduous programming really is!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    My iPhone 5 still has iOS 6.0.0. Should I update to 6.0.2? And if so would it be better to do the on-device update or download and the update in iTunes on my PC? Is there any difference?
    6.0.2 sux battery life...
    U can update either way, though!

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Goes to show how much support these devs receive when they release a jailbreak versus when they don't

Some people just have no clue how arduous programming really is!
    +10000000000

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    So everyone is still "holding off" because of a pending update. Guess what, there are always pending updates. Keeping it to himself...LOL. In other words, **** all you guys, I have it and you dont...neener neener neener.
    Are you serious!! U'd rather have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.2 with an untethered jailbreak than having an untethered iOS 6.1[.]
    Last edited by Orby; 01-05-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Be nice, please...

Thanks

Nice to hear about progress from the Dev Team, with the new jailbreak. With Hackulo being shut down, the jailbreak community will be somewhat smaller I would think. Was tired of people only wanting jailbreak info for piracy reason only. Will be patiently waiting for more info on the new jailbreak for my iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickaroni22 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (01-05-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    So everyone is still "holding off" because of a pending update. Guess what, there are always pending updates. Keeping it to himself...LOL. In other words, **** all you guys, I have it and you dont...neener neener neener.
    The iPhone-Dev Team has been doing this for years now, and for good reason. Why release a jailbreak for the current, soon to be outdated firmware, when there is another firmware around the corner. Releasing it now would only give Apple the opportunity to patch all current security holes for 6.1. I know you might be thinking that, what's wrong with firmware 6.0 - 6.0.2? Well basically they want to give as many people as they can the opportunity to obtain the ability to jailbreak. If I'm not mistaking, everybody wants to keep up to date with latest firmware. So why not take advantage of that opportunity and have a little more patience so more are able to try it out.

Also, in his post, it may appear to many that he is bragging about having an untethered jailbreak on his iPhone 5, whereas we are unable to. But if you have been keeping up with the news regarding an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6, there hasn't been a single positive post in sight for months now. The only positive news I remember was the Dream JB, which you all know, turned out to be a fake. This news really brought down the hopes of the jailbreak community to the point where many thought we may never see it happen. I even read a post that claimed we may not have a solid jailbreak till iOS 7 the other day. The point I'm trying to make is, the fact he has a jailbreak for the iOS 6 is very hopeful and uplifting news. As forward as he may be about him exclusively having it, the jailbreak community needs some hope, and I believe that PlanetBeing has brought us some.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Nice to hear about progress from the Dev Team, with the new jailbreak. With Hackulo being shut down, the jailbreak community will be somewhat smaller I would think. Was tired of people only wanting jailbreak info for piracy reason only. Will be patiently waiting for more info on the new jailbreak for my iPhone 5 and iPad mini.
    I agree about the hating people who jailbreak just to get the piracy but im pretty sure that there will be a replacement for [...].
    Last edited by Orby; 01-05-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: No war3z.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Faresismail For This Useful Post:

KraXik (01-05-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Are you serious!! U'd rather have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.2 with an untethered jailbreak than having an untethered iOS 6.1 [.]
    I can happily wait for untethered jailbreak until 6.1 or even 6.1.1. Props to all involved with the jailbreak.

I'm on 6.0.2 on iPhone 5 and battery life is great. Sometimes I don't charge for almost 2 days. Only thing I don't have is the Facebook app. I'm not on Facebook. I play Asphalt 7, Ski Safari a lot and constantly check Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.
    Last edited by Orby; 01-05-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Cleaning up...

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I got a 4s on 6.0 Think i can upgrade n still be able to jail break when its released?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xTorch View Post
    Planetbeing said on Reddit that his exploits will work with 6.0.1. So, considering that a few people are having problems with 6.0.2 Wifi and battery life, it is probably better to stay in 6.0.1, but you will obviously be able to jailbreak if you're in 6.0.2 too. It's up to you.
    That's false. He stated he is jailbroken on 6.0.2. Very doubtful the jailbreak will be release if its not compatible with 6.1 when that is released.

Historically speaking a jailbreak have never been released for a firmware that isn't being signed by apple

Additionally it is my opinion that when devs say "jail breakers don't update" when apple puts out an update, they are more likely speaking to people that are already on a jailbreak. Could be wrong though lol
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-05-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    I got a 4s on 6.0 Think i can upgrade n still be able to jail break when its released?
    Yea but why would u want to upgrade... Stick with ios 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 and once the untethered jb for ios 6.1 is released get it... ( this is my opinion )

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Apple release iOS 6.1 already!
    What world are you living it? The beta 6.1 is out but things can change from the beta and the public release.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Hey it's not good to call a retard - retard. Lol.

I can happily wait for untethered jailbreak until 6.1 or even 6.1.1. Props to all involved with the jailbreak.

I'm on 6.0.2 on iPhone 5 and battery life is great. Sometimes I don't charge for almost 2 days. Only thing I don't have is the Facebook app. I'm not on Facebook. I play Asphalt 7, Ski Safari a lot and constantly check Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.
    Yeah let's be honest here. I can see apple "accidentally" having a bug in 6.1 just to see what exploits are out there for a jailbreak. Then patch the security holes in 6.1.1.
    Last edited by Scotty Manley Silberhorn; 01-05-2013 at 02:53 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The pending release of iOS 6.1 isn't what's holding back the release. There are still critical pieces missing with the 6.0.1/6.0.2 jailbreak and there's no ETA on how long it's going to take to find them. If you expect the jailbreak to drop as soon as iOS 6.1 is released, you're going to be disappointed. 6.1 may yet turn out to be a big roadblock. It would be unprecedented and very awkward (for several reasons) to release a jailbreak for an iOS version that Apple is no longer signing. My prediction is that Apple is going to stop signing 6.0.2 within microseconds of releasing 6.1.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-05-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 5,493 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    I don't recommend the OTA update. It has caused problems with jail breaking in the past. I would say update away though, as most are correct in that typically only the current iOS is what the jailbreak is for. Especially since the dev teams seem to be waiting for 6.1 to be released.

Apple is already working on iOS 7 anyway. I think that this waiting game is ultimately going to be the end of JB as apple is going to have to step up releases of spftware and hardware to compete with all the other manufacturers. JMHO
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Yea but why would u want to upgrade... Stick with ios 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 and once the untethered jb for ios 6.1 is released get it... ( this is my opinion )
    I'm in the same situation he is 4S on 6.0.0, I think he means should he update to 6.0.1 and from my understanding, he should because I read the whole reddit post, and it said nothing about a 6.0.0 jailbreak, although obviously the security holes are present, when the tool is released it may not recognize and jb 6.0.0. Just my thinking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

camped out on launch and have been iphone user since the silver back 2g but I had to sell my 5 for the nexus, by the time this jailbreak is out the 5s will be out... I respect what these jailbreakers are doing but an iphone without a jailbreak is almost next to useless...
    Last edited by dimpoblimpo; 01-05-2013 at 03:09 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dimpoblimpo For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-05-2013)

Thanks

Default Patience
    A Untethered jailbreak for any IOS6 version is good news seriously, patience is important to all jailbreakers out there ..