+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Faresismail Hey bro im seriously thinking about going with note 2... So can u please trll me hows the battery i hear its terrible :/ If you're
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Hey bro im seriously thinking about going with note 2... So can u please trll me hows the battery i hear its terrible :/
    If you're hearing that the battery on the Note 2 is terrible you must be hearing it from apple fans. the battery on the Note 2 is phenomenal.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,834 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    If you're hearing that the battery on the Note 2 is terrible you must be hearing it from apple fans. the battery on the Note 2 is phenomenal.
    I've also read, from unbiased sources (hard to find) that the Note 2 is the best battery life on market today in comparison to like SmartPhones with like features being used in a like manner.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

And this thread started something like, where is that JB ....are we ever going to get it...... and.......hmmmmmmm, what is this thread all about

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kidrobot714 View Post
    Whatever the case may be, I had already made the transition to Android (Note2). I can honestly say that this is one of the best decisions I made in my life. And this is coming from a guy whos had an iPhone all his life. Looks like Apple is getting smarter with their sh*t.
    Switching phones is one of your best decisions? LMAO just Trollin ya

5. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    My iPhone 5 still has iOS 6.0.0. Should I update to 6.0.2? And if so would it be better to do the on-device update or download and the update in iTunes on my PC? Is there any difference?
    One of the reasons to update, then you can run Tiny Umbrella and save your SHSH.
    OF COURSE, it depends on Tiny Umbrella being up to date for the release you are on.
    Current release of Tiny Umbrella is set up to save SHSH for IOS 6.0.1, but Apple is not signing 6.0.1 anymore.
    This was why I updated to 6.0.1 when it came out, to save my SHSH, which I have!
    And I am not even jailbroken yet!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Current release of Tiny Umbrella is set up to save SHSH for IOS 6.0.1, but Apple is not signing 6.0.1 anymore.
    This was why I updated to 6.0.1 when it came out, to save my SHSH, which I have!
    And I am not even jailbroken yet!
    You do realise TU saves the blobs for the FW Apple are signing regardless of what FW you are on?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Well then thanks... Im going with note 2 i honestly got bored of the same UI and the same phone design anyway thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You do realise TU saves the blobs for the FW Apple are signing regardless of what FW you are on?
    +1. It is a common misconception that your phone has to be on the firmware you are saving the SHSH for. Not only does it not but given the ECID I could even save someone's SHSH with tiny umbrella without ever touching the device.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    +1. It is a common misconception that your phone has to be on the firmware you are saving the SHSH for. Not only does it not but given the ECID I could even save someone's SHSH with tiny umbrella without ever touching the device.
    This is great information, Simon. But can you elaborate a little more for us? What are one's SHSH blobs tied to if not a particular phone by a particular owner?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This is great information, Simon. But can you elaborate a little more for us? What are one's SHSH blobs tied to if not a particular phone by a particular owner?
    They are tied to your individual device, The ECID is the number that it is tied to. You could give me your ECID right now and I can save your SHSH for you for the latest firmware (assuming tiny umbrella is updated to save the latest SHSH which right now 6.0.1 is the latest it can save). I can even save whatever SHSH cydia has saved for you in the past to my computer using tiny umbrella (or redsnow) without ever having your device.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-15-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there a battery problem in 6.0.2 ??
    Or is it in 6.0.1

Need answers

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,052 Times in 6,227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    Or is it in 6.0.1

Need answers
    Good luck with that attitude! Try doing a google search, I'm sure there is a ton of info out there on this topic.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks

What attitude I was just asking a question

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    Or is it in 6.0.1

Need answers
    6.0.2 set out to address 'some' issues that would affect battery life and 'some' have reported an upside to battery life after going to 6.0.2 on their iP5. But it's all so tied to how people use their phones. For me, there's been no difference in battery life at all between 6.0.1 and 6.0.2. I am a moderate to heavy user of calls, Web, forum reading.

For me there's been no improvement of any kind on the ip5 battery compared to 4S. I still can't leave PUSH on all day without needing to recharge before the end of 1 day. So PUSH is off and all mail set to manual. With those settings, after a full overnight charge, I end the day with 8%-17% battery left.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Well then thanks... Im going with note 2 i honestly got bored of the same UI and the same phone design anyway thanks...

GSIII/Note2 are leaps and bounds from the previous generation i believe. I tried out the Galaxy 1 and 2 and then went right back to the 4 and 4S respectively. I then replaced my 4S with a Galaxy S3 since it was $1, at $199 i wouldve just payed the extra $100 for a note but $1 vs $299 is a big difference. I couldnt be happier, i wont be going back, the galaxys battery is better than the iphone 5 i tried with lte on, on par with my 4s battery experience. It doesnt charge nearly as quick but i would think the note 2's battery would be even better considering the great things i heard about it. Plus being able to use MHL to play N64/PS1 Games on your HDTV with a PS3 controller is awesome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    He's right burning an exploit weeks before another big update is a waste. I bought a Galaxy S3 to hold me over until the jailbreak is finished. IOS is cleaner and more stable but damn it's night and day on the stuff it does without a root/jailbreak.
    Definitely worth a short wait longer for 6.1. My iPad 4 needs untethered JB so bad, I almost wish I didn't give up the iPad 3.

Plus you have so many more firmware options on the GS3, like Cyanogenmod. I bought a GS3 when it came out, unlocked and rooted it, and love the hell out of that phone. It is much better than iPhone 5, which I also have. Looking forward to the GS4, c'mon Samsung...

Thanks

I'm just so tired of the broad comparisons made between Samsung and Apple's phones. They're just lacking so much specificity. Firstly there is no phone "much better" than an iPhone 5. That's just a silly statement.

Hardware and software feature comparison, there are areas where iPhone 5 wins and areas where Galaxy 3 and Note 2 win. But neither is blowing the other one out of the water.

And you also have to compare a jailbroken iPhone to any other product that you can root easily. Comparing an unjailbroken iPhone to a rooted Android is just not a fair comparison.

In the end it's a very personal decision. I worked with a GS3 side-by-side to an iPhone 4S jailbroken for over a week. The battery life on the GS3, its stability, were nowhere near as good as the iPhone. Those were objective experiments - provable with empirical data. Now "subjectively" (just my personal experience) the galaxy 3 felt like a toy in comparison to the iPhone. It felt like a teenager's gaming toy. iPhones are for professionals Galaxy 3s are for kids.

So in the end there is no objective conclusion (about functionality and hardware implementation) that could possibly be argued that anything is "way better" than an iPhone.

Subjectively people will love one format or the other. That's just the nature of things.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-16-2013 at 06:24 AM.

+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112