Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Make the iOS 5 Weather App Look More Like the One in iOS 6

Default How to Make the iOS 5 Weather App Look More Like the One in iOS 6

For anyone thatís still on iOS 5 because of the presence of an untethered jailbreak, which is absent for iOS 6 users, the good news is there are still ways to make your iOS device feel like itís running iOS 6.

One place we can start is the Weather application, which received a redesign in iOS 6. I personally like the new style of the iOS 6 Weather application more than the style of the iOS 5 Weather application. Itís definitely subjective to peopleís opinions, however if you also like the iOS 6 Weather application style more than the application style included in iOS 5, then there is a way to make it look more like the application style in iOS 6.

Itís done by simply installing a new free theme available in the ModMyi repository called iOS 6 Weather by TurkeyFarmer and enabling it through WinterBoard. Itís not a completely perfect theme, but it will mimic a lot of the new appearance we get in iOS 6 that we donít get in iOS 5. Check out the examples.

Here we can see the basic interface. For the most part, the font looks the same, however the new iOS 6-style background is included in the theme:

The iOS 6-style background also carries over in the expanded view:

Apart from the obvious differences in font style from the iOS 6-style Weather on an iOS 6 device and the iOS 6-style Weather using this theme on an iOS 5 device, itís a decent mock-up. Perhaps a future update will include support for the changed fonts in the iOS 6-style Weather application.

The theme supports both retina display and non-retina display iOS devices.

Thanks for the review!

I also think it would look much better with the iOS 6 styled font, however I have no idea how to switch the fonts.
    I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyFarmer View Post
    Thanks for the review!

I also think it would look much better with the iOS 6 styled font, however I have no idea how to switch the fonts.
    I'll look into it.
    You'd have to write a tweak for that; don't think WinterBoard can change fonts without affecting all apps.