Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Dec. 24 - Dec. 30

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Dec. 24 - Dec. 30

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Auxo – $1.99

Auxo is an amazing App Switcher replacement for iOS that shows applications in a much more beautiful manner in the App Switcher and gives us a better iPod control interface, as well as a new toggle interface. Auxo knows when your applications are in use and will alert you when you’re about to close out of an application that is in use. The tweak also adds the ability to easily close out of all applications at once. If you have a jailbroken device, Auxo is a must-have.

2. Boover – FREE

Boover is a new free jailbreak tweak that allows you to manage the size and location of your application badges. With these powerful features, you can have control over where and how these badges appear on your application icons so that they match your very own tastes. If you feel that Apple’s badges are obtrusive, you will be able to make them less obtrusive with Boover. It’s a great tweak for those that simply want customization options.

3. Topography for Google Maps – FREE

Topography for Google Maps makes it so that your new Google Maps application from the App Store can have a new topography option. Topography shows the terrain style of a location on the map without anything else, such as buildings and roads. This view is great for seeing steep mountains in certain areas. The tweak replaces the Google Maps shortcut with the new topography option. It's a free improvement for the awesome Google Maps app, so why not grab it?

4. HUDFade – FREE

HUDFade is a new free jailbreak tweak that adds the same animation to the introduction of the heads up display, as you would normally see in the dismissal of the heads up display. It’s a very subtle tweak that will be hard to notice over time, but it’s definitely an improvement over the current animation.

5. Show/Hide Recipients – FREE

Show/Hide Recipients is a new free jailbreak tweak that simply gives you more pixels to work with in group conversations from Apple’s Messages application. It’s compatible with both SMS and iMessage and makes it so you can double-tap on the chat window to show or hide the recipient bar at the top of the screen. Hiding the bar gives you a few more pixels to dedicate solely to your conversation instead.

6. Always On Proximity – FREE

Always On Proximity is a new free jailbreak tweak that will give you the control you need over your iOS device’s proximity sensor. If you’re in an engaging conversation with someone and you find it annoying to have to unlock your iOS device in between each message that you send, then Always On Proximity will give you the ability to turn on the proximity sensor on the device so you can slide your device in your pocket to turn the display off and then take it back out of your pocket to turn the display back on. This process keeps your battery saved while at the time same doesn’t require you to punch in a passcode or slide the unlock slider each time to send a message. You can then disable the proximity sensor with the Activator action again – each time you enable or disable the proximity sensor, you’ll see a banner notification.

7. PokerFace for Facebook Poke – FREE

PokerFace for Facebook Poke is a new free jailbreak tweak that allows users of Facebook’s new Poke application to keep messages from disappearing after a designated time limit and to save images without notifying the other person. If you use Facebook’s new Poke application, check this tweak out and also take a look at Poke'em-all for Facebook Poke.

8. MiniBanners Pro – 99¢

MiniBanners Pro has been re-released with additional features and a smaller price tag. The tweak gives you a new look for notification banners and lets you customize the text, colors, and animations of the banners. It also comes with many options for how the banners will react when you interact with them after popping up. This tweak is great for anyone that doesn't care much for Apple's own notification system.

9. LockMemos – FREE

LockMemos is a new free jailbreak tweak that will persistently show a memo on your lock screen or your home screen (your choice) showing the memo that you type into the preferences pane in the settings application. It’s much more persistent than Apple’s Reminders application because it won't stop until you disable the tweak or you delete the memo from the preferences pane, so even those thick-skulled people will be able to remember things with LockMemos. It’s great for reminding yourself of things.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Surprised you've not mentioned the news about the 'app that can't be mentioned' Anthony.

Hopefully it will bring some credibility from an outsiders view of jailbreaking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (12-30-2012)

I know this has been going on for a while the tweak recap not best tweaks, but i'd like to thank you anthony and mmi for listening to your active users and after all the crap we can give you etc. you dont get angry haha anyway thanks for changing it and actually participating with the community!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (12-30-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    I know this has been going on for a while the tweak recap not best tweaks, but i'd like to thank you anthony and mmi for listening to your active users and after all the crap we can give you etc. you dont get angry haha anyway thanks for changing it and actually participating with the community!
    Don't worry, Anthony actually likes to be trolled.

That's why he became a MMi writer in the first place.

Auxo reboots my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 into safe mode whenever it is invoked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    Auxo reboots my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 into safe mode whenever it is invoked.
    It will be another tweak not playing nice.

Just turn off substrates one by one until you find what the incompatibility is.

Who the hell would want to turn off the proximity sensor??? Devs are so dumb sometimes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Surprised you've not mentioned the news about the 'app that can't be mentioned' Anthony.

Hopefully it will bring some credibility from an outsiders view of jailbreaking.
    What is the 'app that can't be mentioned'? I haven't heard about this yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    What is the 'app that can't be mentioned'? I haven't heard about this yet?
    You can't type it's name because MMi stars it out -

See!

Mod edit, pirate site reference removed.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 12-30-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Pirates will just graduate to another well known pirate program. Maybe I'm Being cynical but people ALWAYS find a way to pirate

Zeusmos?

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Pirates will just graduate to another well known pirate program. Maybe I'm Being cynical but people ALWAYS find a way to pirate
    As that app and all its services and repos are gone everyone will just upgrade to a better phone and I'm not talking about the iPhone 5 which is actually the worst iPhone ever.

AND as you cant jailbreak iPads on 6.** and iPhone 5, and whatever all those jailbreakers will happily move to the totally customizable, (yea I'll say it) ANDROID devices.
    I've already moved to a Galaxy Tab for my tablet needs and its so much better than an iPad.
    The next is when this iPhone 4 dies which is shortly I'll be getting another Android device then Apple can kiss my a**. Well they already can kiss it.

The only thing that MIGHT keep me using Apple devices is a jailbreak and if it doesn't come soon I wont be looking back or caring about Apple again. They don't care enough about its customers to give them more money to hate us even more.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 12-31-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedwily View Post
    Who the hell would want to turn off the proximity sensor??? Devs are so dumb sometimes.
    Your totally wrong! It does not actually turn it off, it is turned on by force so that when u put it in ur pocket ur screen is turned off automatically without the need of use lock button..

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    As that app and all its services and repos are gone everyone will just upgrade to a better phone and I'm not talking about the iPhone 5 which is actually the worst iPhone ever.

AND as you cant jailbreak iPads on 6.** and iPhone 5, and whatever all those jailbreakers will happily move to the totally customizable, (yea I'll say it) ANDROID devices.
    I've already moved to a Galaxy Tab for my tablet needs and its so much better than an iPad.
    The next is when this iPhone 4 dies which is shortly I'll be getting another Android device then Apple can kiss my a**. Well they already can kiss it.

The only thing that MIGHT keep me using Apple devices is a jailbreak and if it doesn't come soon I wont be looking back or caring about Apple again. They don't care enough about its customers to give them more money to hate us even more.
    Lol. And another person that hates apple so much that it consumes there life enough to read and post about it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-31-2012)

When you read these posts you think that jailbreaking will actually make your device better... Its doesn't jailbreaking alone will slow down your device and once you install tweak it becomes way worst unresponsive and your phone might start booting into safe mode, and will most likely get stuck on a respring loop... The worst part is that once you install winterboard or dreamboard it gets even worst... Just 5 hours ago i jailbroke my iphone 4 and each time i got a notification or phone call my device entered safe mode :/ so i restored... I think that if you dont like the way the iphone looks, then you should consider buying another phone... Tweaks will fix it for you but it will start other problems...
    Last edited by Faresismail; 12-31-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    When you read these posts you think that jailbreaking will actually make your device better... Its doesn't jailbreaking alone will slow down your device and once you install tweak it becomes way worst unresponsive and your phone might start booting into safe mode, and will most likely get stuck on a respring loop... The worst part is that once you install winterboard or dreamboard it gets even worst... Just 5 hours ago i jailbroke my iphone 4 and each time i got a notification or phone call my device entered safe mode :/ so i restored... I think that if you dont like the way the iphone looks, then you should consider buying another phone... Tweaks will fix it for you but it will start other problems...
    Wow. How uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Wow. How uninformed.
    So you're telling me that when you jailbreak and start installing tweaks you dont loose a huge part of your iphone speed and your iPhone doesnt start randomly respringing and entering safe mode?
    Btw im not even gonna mention winterdoard let alone dreamboard...

Quite right. Jailbreaking is very bad. I once had a jailbroken iPhone and got a particularly bad case of genital herpes the same week Somali terrorists hijacked another boat using funds from pirated apps. Coincidence? I think not. Now I have a non-jailbroken iPhone and have no more problems.

Hahahahaha i never said that a non jailbreak didnt have any problems i mean i hate the fact that it doesnt have a quick toggle like sbsetting or ncsetting but i still rather not having these options over having a slow phone that randomly gets stuck in a respring loop...

Thanks

So you're telling me that when you jailbreak and start installing tweaks you dont loose a huge part of your iphone speed and your iPhone doesnt start randomly respringing and entering safe mode?
    Btw im not even gonna mention winterdoard let alone dreamboard...
    Nope. Not if your smart.

Only use well made tweaks. Don't overload your phone with crap.

Winterboard is fine, just be careful with widgets. If you think a theme lags try a theme done by a professional. Someone like Fi7ty or Nitsua (plenty of others too) Those guys optimise images beforehand.

Keep a close eye on your mobile substrates. Overload them and your phone will lag/reset.

On 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4, not once did it reset itself into safe mode. (It did lots of times when I was on 4.2 as I experimented lots!). My phone was no quicker or slower than my partners stock i4. Although mine looked a hella lot more cooler and worked more conveniently to my own needs. (I also installed the light mod on the back)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast