+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Dec. 24 - Dec. 30

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StanSmith As that app and all its services and repos are gone everyone will just upgrade to a better phone and I'm not talking about the iPhone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    As that app and all its services and repos are gone everyone will just upgrade to a better phone and I'm not talking about the iPhone 5 which is actually the worst iPhone ever.
    You can still install apps without those said "services and repos"
    Last edited by takeoh; 12-31-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 5,679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Nope. Not if your smart.

Only use well made tweaks. Don't overload your phone with crap.

Winterboard is fine, just be careful with widgets. If you think a theme lags try a theme done by a professional. Someone like Fi7ty or Nitsua (plenty of others too) Those guys optimise images beforehand.

Keep a close eye on your mobile substrates. Overload them and your phone will lag/reset.

On 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4, not once did it reset itself into safe mode. (It did lots of times when I was on 4.2 as I experimented lots!). My phone was no quicker or slower than my partners stock i4. Although mine looked a hella lot more cooler and worked more conveniently to my own needs. (I also installed the light mod on the back)
    Agree, I have been jailbreaking since it all started almost 5 years ago, still using my 4s till a J/B comes out so I can use my new 5. I have in all my years only had a 3Gs have issues with a tweak.
    I use almost 25 tweaks and WinterBoard as well and my phone has been rockin' for over a year now with no problem at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    When you read these posts you think that jailbreaking will actually make your device better... Its doesn't jailbreaking alone will slow down your device and once you install tweak it becomes way worst unresponsive and your phone might start booting into safe mode, and will most likely get stuck on a respring loop... The worst part is that once you install winterboard or dreamboard it gets even worst... Just 5 hours ago i jailbroke my iphone 4 and each time i got a notification or phone call my device entered safe mode :/ so i restored... I think that if you dont like the way the iphone looks, then you should consider buying another phone... Tweaks will fix it for you but it will start other problems...
    This is crazy talk. Besides no platform no matter what you use will remain stable if you overload your device is tweaks and stuff.

Yea there are some things that can do damage but, if your using those things you probably don't know much about jail breaking or no about trusted apps and developers.

I've been jail breaking sense iPhone 1 and not once have I ever been in a boot loop with out knowingly trying some shady stuff

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    This is crazy talk. Besides no platform no matter what you use will remain stable if you overload your device is tweaks and stuff.

Yea there are some things that can do damage but, if your using those things you probably don't know much about jail breaking or no about trusted apps and developers.

I've been jail breaking sense iPhone 1 and not once have I ever been in a boot loop with out knowingly trying some shady stuff
    Yea you're right... But the thing is that when your jailbroken, you will eventually try some of those shady stuff... Because it allow you to discover new things... Eventually you will want to learn SSH and want to install stuff like siriport ( and at this point you will start ****ing up your phone )

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Yea you're right... But the thing is that when your jailbroken, you will eventually try some of those shady stuff... Because it allow you to discover new things... Eventually you will want to learn SSH and want to install stuff like siriport ( and at this point you will start ****ing up your phone )
    Same to say with any open platform. That's just the nature of being open!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

These "jailbreaking is bad for your phone" people I just ignore now. It comes down to this: you will probably mess up your phone at some point if you indiscriminately install lots of mods. As long as you take your time and install one mod at a time you'll be ok - if something goes wrong you can simply uninstall or deactivate the last mod (and then research if others have had the same problem).

Jailbreaking by definition means you'll need to actually manage your device and have some basic knowledge of the hardware and OS's strengths and limitations. The information is out there, it just takes lots of time to hunt it down and read it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12