+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular New 'Auxo' App Switcher Tweak Now Compatible With iOS 5 [Updated]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just last week we showed you Auxo , an amazing App Switcher jailbreak tweak that reinvents the multitasking interface, music interface, and adds a brand new toggle interface to the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 762 Posts

Default Popular Auxo App Switcher Tweak Now Compatible With iOS 5

Just last week we showed you Auxo, an amazing App Switcher jailbreak tweak that reinvents the multitasking interface, music interface, and adds a brand new toggle interface to the App Switcher. The tweak was based off of a concept that we showed you in October, but up to this point, only supported iOS 6 devices.

Today, a version of Axuo (1.1-4) is now available that fully supports iOS 5. The credit for porting Auxo to iOS 5, which was necessary because of the major differences between iOS 5 and iOS 6, goes to iOS developer iKy1e.

Auxo’s App Switcher shows previews of the applications, using a screenshot of your last activity in the application, with the icon for the application overlaying that preview. The result: A great-looking App Switcher. Users can also swipe left to reveal a redesigned iPod interface, which includes more information at your fingertips, and toggle interface, which provides all common iOS functions as toggles where the volume slider used to be:

Auxo also includes the option to close out of all applications suspended in the device's memory by tapping and holding on an application – a prompt will then ask you if you want to close out of all applications or not. If an application is in use, such as the Music application while listening to music, Auxo will alert you that the application is in use and ask you if you're sure you want to exit the application.

From the preferences pane, Auxo users will find a built-in user guide, as well as documentation for the tweak and options for moving the toggles in the order you would like them to appear in.

Auxo will set you back just $1.99 to reserve your own copy from Cydia's BigBoss repository. The updated version supports iOS 5.1.1 or newer and an iPad version of Auxo will be coming out in early 2013. Auxo is iPhone 5-ready and when the iPhone 5 is finally jailbroken, Auxo will take full advantage of the iPhone 5's taller display.

Note: Users are reporting incompatibility with the jailbreak tweak Shrink.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-01-2013 at 09:10 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

djphoto (12-31-2012), henftling (01-01-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very nice will be gitting this one

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow,Me staying on my untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak is really bitting me on the *** as of late :-(

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Update: There is currently a packaging issue with Axuo for iOS 5, causing things to not appear as they should. Optimo from the BigBoss repository is working to correct the issue and the update will be out shortly. We will update this piece when the fixed version is available; thank you for your patience!
    Auxo* is spelled wrong.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't wait to grab this for my 5.1.1 iPad when it becomes available! This is THE best multi-tasking tweak I have ever seen! I really hope Apple steals this for 6.1 or iOS 7!! Waiting patiently to install this on my iPhone 5; these jailbreakers are going to make that happen for sure! I'm extremely optimistic regarding jailbreaking in 2013!

"Where there's a will, there's a way!"

I can't wait to have a jailbreak for all of these exciting new devices, and I can feel in my bones these guys are close to stumbling upon a usable set of vulnerabilities to exploit!

Good luck Dream Team; I wish you a happy, prosperous and fruitful New Year!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    I can't wait to grab this for my 5.1.1 iPad when it becomes available! This is THE best multi-tasking tweak I have ever seen! I really hope Apple steals this for 6.1 or iOS 7!! Waiting patiently to install this on my iPhone 5; these jailbreakers are going to make that happen for sure! I'm extremely optimistic regarding jailbreaking in 2013!

"Where there's a will, there's a way!"

I can't wait to have a jailbreak for all of these exciting new devices, and I can feel in my bones these guys are close to stumbling upon a usable set of vulnerabilities to exploit!

Good luck Dream Team; I wish you a happy, prosperous and fruitful New Year!!
    Yes it's very exciting .
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Still on iOS 5.0.1.......... iam f**ked

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Limpfoot For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (12-30-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"The updated version supports iOS 5.1.1 or newer and an iPad version of Auxo will be coming out in early 2013. Auxo is iPhone 5-ready and when the iPhone 5 is finally jailbroken, Auxo will take full advantage of the iPhone 5's taller display."

Looking forward to having this for my ipad And most of all,,,, I love the fact that you said "when the iPhone 5 is finally jbkn"

Happy New Year Anthony and may the new year bring us the desires of our hearts !

Thank you for bringing me information I would otherwise have never known xoxo
    Last edited by lizzy954; 12-30-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks
    Puchased!!! Very very nice tweak !! 📱
    JomEr

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not working right for me. The icons will appear at the bottom for a second and then dissappear leaving just black space with the app name at the bottom. Are there any known conflicts this might have?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Wow,Me staying on my untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak is really bitting me on the *** as of late :-(
    But it certainly hurting you a lot less than me ...
    no jailbreak on IOS 6 iphone 5 .... (So f'ing boring!)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thevmax For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (12-30-2012)

Thanks

anyone know how this interacts with. multi story?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    anyone know how this interacts with. multi story?
    The tweak is not yet MultiStorey-compatible, however it is Zephyr-compatible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is a simple, beautiful tweak. LOVE IT!!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,170 Times in 4,207 Posts

purchased!! so i guess i dont need remove background anymore...

Thanks
    Just purchased for my iPhone 4 v5.1.1 it keeps re-booting every time home is press twice! Developer please fix this issue. I'm already in love even though it hasn't worked on my device yet! Wicked mod 😻🔜😹

Thanks
    Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MMX007 View Post
    Just purchased for my iPhone 4 v5.1.1 it keeps re-booting every time home is press twice! Developer please fix this issue. I'm already in love even though it hasn't worked on my device yet! Wicked mod 😻🔜😹
    What other tweaks do you have? Do you have shrink installed?

Thanks

In auxo, the ipod card will disappear if you try to kill it twice. The first time the "Are you sure you want to close it" Message will show up, but the second time? It wont and the card will disappear ;PP Anyone experiencing this too?
    I'm on 4S 5.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same problem as MMX007 but I don't have shrink installed. I have Zephyr and Nownow. I tried disabling both but I still get a Springboard crash each time I double tap my Home button. The other tweaks I have are the Jaku and Ayecon themes and some tweaks for Mail app. Otherwise, that's it.

I am running it on a jailbroken iPhone 4s 5.1.1.
    Last edited by jpbl1976; 12-30-2012 at 09:41 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

only supports 5.1.1 =(
    I'm on 5.0.1