Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WeeKillBackground Pro Updated With iOS 6 Support, More Compatibility

Default WeeKillBackground Pro Updated With iOS 6 Support, More Compatibility

WeeKillBackground Pro for Notification Center, a popular Notification Center widget by Jonas Gessner that closes all applications suspended in the device’s memory when tapped, has been updated to version 1.3 today, adding support for iOS 6 and compatibility with several other popular jailbreak tweaks relating to Notification Center.

WeeKillBackground Pro's compatibility extends to Dashboard X, a popular widget platform for the home screen on iOS, and another of Jonas Gessner’s popular jailbreak tweaks called MountainCenter that adds an OS X Mountain Lion-like animation to the Notification Center for iOS.

The update also makes the widget much faster at closing out of all the applications suspended in the device’s memory, as it used to take a few seconds and now closes out of all of the applications instantly after being tapped. The speed will make everything feel more fluid than ever before.

WeeKillBackground Pro comes with multiple options to configure, such as the ability to select the applications that aren’t closed from the background when you tap on the widget, instant application closing options, custom widget label fonts, colors, and sizes, and widget sizing options.

If you’re an existing user of WeeKillBackground Pro, the update is free to you. New users can find WeeKillBackground Pro in the Cydia store from the BigBoss repository for only 99.

That is my favorite tweak I've ever used to clear my ram.

Default Great
    Now we need a jailbreak for A5 devices and iPhone 5 on iOS 6!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reymago23 For This Useful Post:

clack11 (12-31-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,903 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyGearIsaac View Post
    That is my favorite tweak I've ever used to clear my ram.
    Agreed. I was using the swipe alternative with options, but after using weekill free for about 6months, I brought the pro version to support him. Simple "no bloat" software.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reymago23 View Post
    Now we need a jailbreak for A5 devices and iPhone 5 on iOS 6!
    Agreed.

Auto-close notification center not working on ios 5.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rennoc22222 View Post
    Am I confused, or was there an option to autokill the background apps after x amount of minutes? I can't find it anymore?

Edit: I just googled the existing features, and it was one of them. I can't find it now?? Can anyone confirm that it's there or missing....because its not been mentioned, and if I'm correct, it should be added somewhere to the first post maybe?
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 12-29-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennoc22222 View Post
    An update to fix that has been submitted!

I removed the kill after x minutes for several reasons. While the Widget runs as an extension of SpringBoard it can be completely unloaded from memory and so the timer wouldn't fire anymore. Only very few people (2 so far that I know of) were using the feature. Also it doesn't really fit in the main idea of the widget, what does a auto timer that runs in the background have to do with a nc widget?

To replace the timer you could enable 'Close apps when Notification Center was closed' like this you can just start swiping down from the status bar to reveal the NC and then you can let go to close it again and the widget will immediately kill the apps (you won't need to cometely open the NC only start swiping down). With the new faster method to close apps that will just take less than a second

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxner For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (12-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    An update to fix that has been submitted!

I removed the kill after x minutes for several reasons. While the Widget runs as an extension of SpringBoard it can be completely unloaded from memory and so the timer wouldn't fire anymore. Only very few people (2 so far that I know of) were using the feature. Also it doesn't really fit in the main idea of the widget, what does a auto timer that runs in the background have to do with a nc widget?

To replace the timer you could enable 'Close apps when Notification Center was closed' like this you can just start swiping down from the status bar to reveal the NC and then you can let go to close it again and the widget will immediately kill the apps (you won't need to cometely open the NC only start swiping down). With the new faster method to close apps that will just take less than a second
    Thank you for replying. Your support to your products is top notch. Although I did find that when I went to close my apps, it was refreshing to see that it had already done it for me. But you make a valid point (a very convincing one at that), and the method you mentioned is just as useful, if not...more convenient. I really do appreciate you clearing that up, and like I said, it's why I support your work. Thank you.

Hello !
    How can I get the app directly on the homescreen.

solved; use dashboard x....
    Last edited by ElGerto; 02-10-2013 at 04:20 AM.

FYI to the developer and all who use this great app: the latest updat (as of Feb. 11) constantly crashes to safe mode. I had to uninstall it. Please update!
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Got it on my phone the day the jailbreak came out. Never had any issues with it.

Ya me to updated today and crashes every time tryed to reinstall still no work to bad love this app

Thanks

Must be another tweak conflicting with that tweak

All I did was a cydia update before that it worked great

I have the same problem. Hope a new update comes soon

Thanks

New update this morning

Nice glad to have it up and running again