+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customers Souring on Apples Online Shopping Experience

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Customers appear to be souring on the Apple online retail experience for the first in four years according to a new survey by ForeSee. Customers who took the survey feel
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Customers Souring on Apples Online Shopping Experience

Customers appear to be souring on the Apple online retail experience for the first in four years according to a new survey by ForeSee.

Customers who took the survey feel Apple’s online store has become increasingly difficult to navigate and they feel expanded product lineup is to blame according to Foresee president Larry Freed. Last year Apple scored an overall satisfaction score of 80 this year compared to their score of 83 last year.

The three-point fall might not seem significant, but last year Apple tied for second place in the survey, and this year they fell out of the top five.

"Satisfaction with the customer experience, when measured correctly, is the most important predictor of future success, and while Amazon clearly gets it, Apple stumbles from their usual focus on the customer experience. Dell, and JCPenney seem to be struggling to find their way, which could make them extremely vulnerable to competitors." - Freed
    Amazon remained at the top of the online satisfaction heap with a score of 88 out of 100, with LLBean.com (85), QVC.com (84), Esteelauder.com (83) and Newegg.com (81) all finished ahead of Apple. Apple tied for 14th place with the likes of Chicos.com, 1800Flowers.com, and Netflix.com.

Source: Reuters [via AppleInsider]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I buy my stuff from macmall

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Surveys mean NOTHING.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Surveys mean NOTHING.
    Yea I agree with you there I bought my iPhone and some other products from their site and didnt have any issues navigating. How hard is it to go to store at the top and then pick either Mac, iPhone, iPod or accessories.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Yea I agree with you there I bought my iPhone and some other products from their site and didnt have any issues navigating. How hard is it to go to store at the top and then pick either Mac, iPhone, iPod or accessories.
    You have to remember, there are some INCREDIBLY ignorant people on the planet, remember the article a couple months ago of a lady suing apple because she ran into their glass doors cuz the were "too clean" ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I love newegg!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-28-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    You have to remember, there are some INCREDIBLY ignorant people on the planet, remember the article a couple months ago of a lady suing apple because she ran into their glass doors cuz the were "too clean" ...
    Suing plus ignorant people = America

Not saying that's all Americans but seriously... Way to many people sue attempt suing for crap like that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John Cusimano View Post
    I buy my stuff from macmall

Apple's site makes me fell 'unwelcomed' as a customer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    The Apple store is SH-one-T for navigation and search. That's why it's always my last port of call. I want to pop in a term and have the site do all the work for me.
    For instance, go to the store homepage and type in Snow. Don't click a suggestion just press enter. You get one result that is NOT Snow Leopard. Thanks but I'll buy on eBay instead.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-28-2012)

Thanks

I hate customer surveys more than most things on the planet. ESPECIALLY Internet ones

Thanks

My experience with the apple online store has always been good. Hope everyone would have similar experiences.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    The Apple store is SH-one-T for navigation and search. That's why it's always my last port of call. I want to pop in a term and have the site do all the work for me.
    For instance, go to the store homepage and type in Snow. Don't click a suggestion just press enter. You get one result that is NOT Snow Leopard. Thanks but I'll buy on eBay instead.
    Why do you not click the suggested searches?

The first 4 suggestions are Snow Leopard.

If you ignore the suggested search and hit 'enter' as you have said, then it appears the Apple store assumes you do not want a snow leopard search result as you already ignored 4 suggestions!

You're making it difficult for yourself lol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I love newegg!
    Newegg sells, what, 100 times the variety of items as apple yet its search and reviews are superior to apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recognition View Post
    Why do you not click the suggested searches?

The first 4 suggestions are Snow Leopard.

If you ignore the suggested search and hit 'enter' as you have said, then it appears the Apple store assumes you do not want a snow leopard search result as you already ignored 4 suggestions!

You're making it difficult for yourself lol!
    You're missing the point. The search function is so poor that it can't bring up SL when you only type Snow. It's not the only search that fails. I'm pretty sure without too much effort I could further prove the point.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-28-2012)