+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Poke'em-all' Allows You to Select Everyone At Once in Facebook's New Poke App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just two days ago, as of this writing, Facebook launched a new application in the App Store dedicated simply to social poking. The application allowed you to poke anyone on
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Poke'em-all' Allows You to Select Everyone At Once in Facebook's New Poke App

Just two days ago, as of this writing, Facebook launched a new application in the App Store dedicated simply to social poking. The application allowed you to poke anyone on your friends list with messages, pictures, or videos, and you could even choose how long they would be able to see it.

One problem with the application, according to iOS developer Mathieu Bolard, is that the application doesn’t give you a way to easily select all of your friends at once. You can go through and pick them one at a time, but for people that have hundreds, even thousands of Facebook friends, this could become cumbersome and even overwhelming.

Because of this, Bolard has created a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Poke'em-all for the users of Facebook’s new Poke application. It adds a new check button to the interface so that you can select everyone in your friends list at once in just one tap. This will allow you to send the poke to everyone without the painstaking process of selecting everyone one-by-one.

Shown above is the new check button that is added to the interface.

To use the tweak, one must simply tap on that check button shown above and everyone in the friends list will get selected so you can send the poke to everyone at once:

Obviously Poke’em-all isn’t for everybody, as not everyone uses Facebook, let alone Facebook’s new Poke application. However if you’ve been having fun with Facebook’s new Poke application, this tweak will do nothing but give you more power over your friends. Disclaimer: with great power comes great responsibility. We are not responsible if your friends un-friend you for your poking habits.

This tweak has no options to configure and you can grab it for free from the BigBoss repository right now.

Name: Poke'em-all
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: Facebook Poke must be installed from the App Store
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Mathieu Bolard
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I rarely use Facebook and never have used "poke", but I have to say I love the name.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Senyaichiya For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (12-23-2012)

Thanks
    OMG! This "Poke" app is on the No.1 position of my "Must Avoid App" list. 😁

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Lol wow that's pretty bad lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    I rarely use Facebook and never have used "poke", but I have to say I love the name.
    Yes, it is rather hilarious... "Poke Em.... POKE EM ALLLL!!!" lmao!

Green Apple
    Thanks

After selecting them all and attempting to poke them, an error message appears stating that you can only poke up to 40 friends at once.