+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Brazilian "iPhone" Knockoff Actually an Android Device

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,172
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 820 Times in 486 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    The company claims it has the rights to Apple’s phone namesake until 2018 and will continue to use the name as part of corporate restructuring process according to the Associated Press.
    What type of restructuring does Gradiente think its going to perform/achieve by blatantly using somebody else's name??? It's not like Apple will submit and give them the rights to the name. Also, as I stated earlier, Apple doesn't even have to sell their devices in Brazil which leaves the country in the same economic position it has already been in.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil's government steps in and forces Gradiente to release the rights to that name since Apple's commercial and residential presence in the country will boost their economy!

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Leaching off Apple iPhone's name much?





    SMH

  3. #23
    *T*
    *T* is offline
    Grumpy *T*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn around slowly...
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts

    You said it will "only fool the technologically deft"... what???

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    You said it will "only fool the technologically deft"... what???
    The difference one letter can make LOL He probably meant daft.

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Stop being a troll. No one said it looked anything like an iPhone. It's called an iPhone because in Brazil Apple don't own the rights to the name. Read the article next time.
    +1

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Next time read the article first. It's not supposed to look like it, they are just using the name as stated a couple of times already.
    But he called it a knockoff hinting it is trying to be an Apple iPhone.
    If you do not want people to misinterpret then do not call it a knockoff.

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    But he called it a knockoff hinting it is trying to be an Apple iPhone.
    If you do not want people to misinterpret then do not call it a knockoff.
    Heaven forbid someone actually read the article. Knockoff can mean many things including how it looks and also what it is called.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to runey71 For This Useful Post:

    i.Annie (12-26-2012)

  9. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Heaven forbid someone actually read the article. Knockoff can mean many things including how it looks and also what it is called.
    Heaven forbid someone use correct article titles around here. Knockoff doesn't mean many things, the term is used to describe a product that was created to look like a name brand product but be sold at a much lower price. This is NOT a knockoff, it is simply a crap phone released under a brand name to which the manufacturer owns the rights. It neither looks nor functions like an iPhone.

  10. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Heaven forbid someone use correct article titles around here. Knockoff doesn't mean many things, the term is used to describe a product that was created to look like a name brand product but be sold at a much lower price. This is NOT a knockoff, it is simply a crap phone released under a brand name to which the manufacturer owns the rights. It neither looks nor functions like an iPhone.
    Ok I'll concede on the definition of knockoff. Seriously though it's just an article title. Ever seen a misleading title in a major newspaper? Nothing in the article itself even remotely suggested that this phone looked like or operated like an iPhone. Only that it was called an iPhone. If you hate the site so much then just stop visiting. Pretty simple really. Lots of other Apple news sites out there for you to knit pick on. Happy trolling.

  11. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Thought jellybean was 4.1

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts