Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CamTap' Eliminates the Slide to Unlock Bar on the Lock Screen

Default 'CamTap' Eliminates the Slide to Unlock Bar on the Lock Screen

If you ever get just a bit bored with Apple’s ‘slide to unlock’ bar on the lock screen, which has been there since the beginning, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed CamTap by iOS development team HASHBANG Productions is now available in the BigBoss repository of Cydia that will change things up just a little bit.

CamLock basically eliminates the ‘slide to unlock’ bar altogether on the lock screen, however it leaves the Camera Grabber, and centers it on the lock screen. The new look eliminates all clutter, however it also changes the way you unlock your device and open the Camera application from the lock screen.

After installing the tweak, you will have to swipe up on the Camera Grabber to unlock the device – you will see the same animation that you usually see after sliding the slider to unlock. To open the Camera application instead of unlocking the device, you’ll have to simply tap on the Camera Grabber.

For some, this tweak may be preferred because of efficiency, however from a design perspective, it’s odd to use the Camera Grabber to unlock the device, and even odder to tap on a grabber object to cause anything to happen. Grabbers are usually used throughout iOS as a way to hold and drag to cause something to happen, so it just doesn't seem to fit.

Nevertheless, CamTap is a free jailbreak tweak and has no options to configure. You can grab it from Cydia right now.

Name: CamTap
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: HASHBANG Productions
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

This would look great on my iPhone 5! wait... Nvm 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    This would look great on my iPhone 5! wait... Nvm 😔
    I keep saying the same thing

I really really miss jailbreak. Stoopid iPhone 5 😖

Why not make it so you can just randomly slide any where on the screen? At least that is how I notice my friends with the S3 unlock the their phones. They may be a tweak in Cydia that already does that.....I'm not sure.

I'd rather the reverse. Tap to unlock and scroll up to access camera

I agree, the reverse makes more sence.

Lets not act like only iphone 5's cant get jailbroke neither can my iphone 4s or ipad -.-

Quote Originally Posted by idkanymore View Post
    I'd rather the reverse. Tap to unlock and scroll up to access camera
    I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Lets not act like only iphone 5's cant get jailbroke neither can my iphone 4s or ipad -.-
    My 4s and iPad 2 jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by wateverko View Post
    I really really miss jailbreak. Stoopid iPhone 5 
    Want to trade for a 4S on iOS 5.1.1 with all blobs??

Tried it. Uninstalled it. Very buggy. When someone calls you when ur iphone is locked, you see no option to accept the call.

Quote Originally Posted by sp33downage View Post
    Tried it. Uninstalled it. Very buggy. When someone calls you when ur iphone is locked, you see no option to accept the call.
    Same here. My screen would go blank. I hope it gets fixed, it is a great tweak other than the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sp33downage View Post
    have u tried the same gesture wen u unlock iphone at the tym of call
    Last edited by spoiled-iphone; 12-24-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled-iphone View Post

have u tried the same gesture wen u unlock iphone at the tym of call
    It did worked when accepting the call i.e sliding the bar. However there is no graphic or buttons.

To bypass the slider, I just tap my clock 2X and my 4S iPhone unlocks. You can simply set that function in Activator. ;-)

Dave.Merten.Mobi
    Last edited by MacOSG; 12-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.