+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Reporting Poor Battery Life and Wi-Fi Issues On iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Users Reporting Poor Battery Life and Wi-Fi Issues On iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2

Apple recently released the iOS 6.0.2 update for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, which is said to resolve some Wi-Fi issues that some users were facing. In the process, some users are saying it seems to have also reduced their battery life. A handful of users have created a thread at Apple’s official support forums to share their own evidence of battery problems with iOS 6.0.2. Comments that were being made were typical with users saying they noticed their battery was draining “substantially faster” and referencing how their iPhone doesn’t last them as long throughout the course of a day.

Other users are posting that the release of iOS 6.0.2 which was said to fix Wi-Fi connectivity issues actually did the opposite by introducing Wi-Fi problems for them. One thing to note here is that the users complaining about issues with battery draining or Wi-Fi connectivity all seemed to have an iPhone 5. There wasn’t any mention of iOS 6.0.2 issues with the iPad mini.

As per the usual, there are also many users who are stating they haven’t experienced any issues since the update. For those of you who updated, what has your experience been like?

Source: Apple Support Forums via Ars Technica

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

No problems at all. I updated just for the hell of it and nothing changed for the better or worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amenter18 View Post
    No problems at all. I updated just for the hell of it and nothing changed for the better or worse.
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had wifi issues since I got the 5. When I leave a wifi network, it goes to edge and stays there until I restart or put it in/out of airplane mode. I've been through two phones, a different sim and reset every setting imaginable numerous times. I was hopeful that this update would fix it, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference one way or the other. I have my 5 for sale and will be going back to a 4s. Very disappointed.

EVO
    Thanks

I also seem to have Wi-Fi issues at home on my cisco router.

Seems to be intermittently connecting and disconnecting, cant seem to get a valid IP address but my iphone 4 has a stable wi-fi connection

havent really tested wi-fi on other networks though

but then again I'm still on iOS 6.0 (just to be safe )

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have 2 iphone5's both updated to 6.0.2 with no issues at all!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm at 6.0.1 with not much problems. but i'm experiencing call drop.
    wifi issues i had was when i leave a wifi network, my data doesn't get activated. happen once thou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use to have bad wifi issues and if you still do then what I did to fix is was change the security on your router. The iPhone 5 has WPA2 issues and will work a lot better on regular WPA. Or make an invisible network with no security. I went from taking a half hour to download an app to instant again. Good luck

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I just have issues with wifi if I'm not close to the router it won't pick it up. 4s is fine outside close to the house. The 5 can't even drink coffee outside and be on wifi bah

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am on 6.0 and i have battery and wifi issues. My phone connects to wifi at home and at work no problem but it doesnt pick up hotspots very well. When i am at home my iphone 4 will show about 6 available wifi connections while the iphone 5 only shows 2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

I updated on Thursday as soon as i saw the post on here that it was available... I have never had any issues with my wifi but, since the update, two nights in a row now when i plug my phone into the charger at night, i wake up to it powered down... have to do a "home and power button" boot, when it loads it is at over 10% charge so, shouldn't have powered down...

Thanks
    Thanked 14,786 Times in 6,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I just have issues with wifi if I'm not close to the router it won't pick it up. 4s is fine outside close to the house. The 5 can't even drink coffee outside and be on wifi bah
    What kind of router do you have?

2k1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What kind of router do you have?
    Motorola

Thanks

Motorola
    Does it have dual bands like the latest airport extremes do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

My issue at IOS 6.0.1 is when I get out of a lift , my 3G will not come on until I do a reboot. Only Edge or no service appears if I don't do a reboot. I haven't updated to IOS 6.0.2 yet.

2k1
    Thanks

Yep sure does. Thing i git my 4s out and it picks that up good. Like right now 4s would be on wifi still. The 5 is on lte switching over to 4g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    All good here, I love my Iphone 5!

Thanks

Yep sure does. Thing i git my 4s out and it picks that up good. Like right now 4s would be on wifi still. The 5 is on lte switching over to 4g
    If it is a dual band router then that may be your issue. The 5Ghz band is faster but has less range. The 5 can pick that one up but the 4S can't, so the 4S is stuck on the 2.4Ghz band which is slower but has more range.
    If you turn off the 5Ghz band or get your 5 to only connect to the 2.4Ghz one then it should have the same range as the 4S.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raxal View Post
    All good here, I love my Iphone 5!
    same here, only thing i noticed is that iCloud backup isn't working as well on iOS 6 as it was on iOS 5
    it happened to my iPhone 4 right before i upgraded to the iPhone 5

still unable to backup on iCloud

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

On 601 and 602 with my at&t iPhone 5 I've had cellular issues. Seems like the thing does not renew its IP address or dhcp connection upon switching between LTE and 4G (HSPA+) on occasion. Only way to fix it is to toggle on and off airplane mode Or restart. Few neighbors and relatives living nearby have this problem. Wifi connection seems great - but our sudden link connection (30 meg service) is so crappy, I often prefer LTE anyway.