+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Reporting Poor Battery Life and Wi-Fi Issues On iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
No issues whatsoever
    iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

No issues whatsoever

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have noticed battery issues when not connected to wifi more after the 602 rollout. It's to be expected, but I have noticed it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David03181986 View Post
    I use to have bad wifi issues and if you still do then what I did to fix is was change the security on your router. The iPhone 5 has WPA2 issues and will work a lot better on regular WPA. Or make an invisible network with no security. I went from taking a half hour to download an app to instant again. Good luck
    If anyone takes this advice, then you deserve to have your network broken into. Just because the device cant see the SSID, does not mean the SSID can never be found by rouge hosts. People like you are the ones who get their identity stolen.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LivesForJihad For This Useful Post:

desmondwong (12-23-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No problems on my iPhone 5 with or without the recent upgrade. I love my iPhone 5 and all my other Apple products, never have had a issue.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I find it funny that people without any issues chime in this thread.
    If you don't have the problem you do not even need to click this thread!
    As if people with the problem would some how diminish their iDevice, so they have to chime in to offset that...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    As if people with the problem would some how diminish their iDevice, so they have to chime in to offset that...
    I find trolls funny. They are so fed up with their own sad lives they chime in places they are neither respected or wanted.
    As if somehow typing stuff takes them away from their petty real life's.....

Perhaps people 'chime' in to say that although there are reports of issues, it's not affecting everyone? How about that?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    So kinda like you're doing? What you're saying had no relevance to the article at all.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's get back on topic please.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Colwood (12-25-2012)

Thanks

Default Is Apple Really this Incompetent?
    Will Apple ever release a good update to IOS or MAC OS????

I have never updated either my iPhone 5, mini or rMBP and I have experience no issues so far.

I dont trust Apple at all and frankly their inability to fix systemic problems borders on criminal. Why does each patch/release create new problems? Don't they test?

For many of you with WIFI issues, I hope you have gone as far as to get a replacement unit as I suspect many of these instances are faulty hardware in the iPhone 5.

Thanks

Everyone I know has battery issues with the 5 on 6.0 including me.

Thanks
    Very much facing the battery issue after the upgrade, and the firmware update which was noticed within the update feels like it had something to do with it!
    (2 week old iPhone 5, thus it does feel different completely which came with 6.0.1 and no issues at that time till the update was done!)

Any advise anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    If anyone takes this advice, then you deserve to have your network broken into. Just because the device cant see the SSID, does not mean the SSID can never be found by rouge hosts. People like you are the ones who get their identity stolen.
    True but if you set your device ip's and mac address only then you will not have any issues getting anything stolen

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David03181986 View Post
    True but if you set your device ip's and mac address only then you will not have any issues getting anything stolen
    I guess you have never heard of spoofing a MAC address?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    Will Apple ever release a good update to IOS or MAC OS????

I have never updated either my iPhone 5, mini or rMBP and I have experience no issues so far.

I dont trust Apple at all and frankly their inability to fix systemic problems borders on criminal. Why does each patch/release create new problems? Don't they test?

For many of you with WIFI issues, I hope you have gone as far as to get a replacement unit as I suspect many of these instances are faulty hardware in the iPhone 5.
    well, i do not update my OS as well, normally i update after a very very long time. say bout 3-5 months later,
    hoping everything is stable by then. still using my snow leopard w/o any problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 14u2nv View Post
    I've had wifi issues since I got the 5. When I leave a wifi network, it goes to edge and stays there until I restart or put it in/out of airplane mode. I've been through two phones, a different sim and reset every setting imaginable numerous times. I was hopeful that this update would fix it, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference one way or the other. I have my 5 for sale and will be going back to a 4s. Very disappointed.
    I have the same issue. I have to put the phone into airplane mode to get it to reset the connection before I can use the Internet about 5 times a day everyday

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,120 Times in 3,300 Posts

There are aways some users among millions reporting battery issues for very device and every iOS version ever made....

Disable Wifi, Bluetooth, local weather and other GPS services (local reminders) that you donīt need.

Itīs technical nearly impossible that the same new devices with same OS have battery issues and others donīt (except your battery is broken wich has nothing to do with the OS)

I recommend (for every smartphone) three docking stations: home, car, work

The other thing are connection issues, mine are solved since 6.0.1
    Last edited by Blue; 12-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Good to see you still around Blue!

Are you on the iPhone 5 now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phone crash while updating to 6.0.2. LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 5 and I am running 6.1 beta 4. I have had Wifi problems on 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, and every beta of 5.1. I have even replaced my iPhone 5 and the problems still persisted. I have had every iPhone since launch, an iPad 2 and an iPad mini, and several computers (Mac and PC) all connect to this network with no problems. It EVENTUALLY connects on my iPhone 5 but as soon as I lock the screen it loses the connection. I love the device apart from this, but it is a big thing to be having issues with. Plus it's a drag to constantly read about all these cool tweaks and be able to use none of them.

Thanks

I just got my i5 last week and exchanged already. Had scuffs and dents in the side, and this new one has software issues and a notably loud clicking when shaken or set down, like something's loose. I'm taking it back tomorrow again to Best Buy. Super Pissed. The worst was when i tried to send a text message to my buddy, and the send button wouldn't respond. I had to restart the phone to send a text message.