Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple's Review Process Allows Fake Halo 4 Game Into the App Store (Pulled)

  1. #1
    Default Apple's Review Process Allows Fake Halo 4 Game Into the App Store

    Image via Gizmodo

    There have been a ton of flukes in the iOS App Store’s review process this year. We’ve seen a ton of jailbreak application fakes, including a fake Cydia, a fake IntelliScreenX, and there’s even still a fake SBSettings application in the App Store to this very day. There is also the rare occurrence of a tethering application in the App Store.

    The latest occurrence is a fake Halo 4 application. Halo 4 is a popular first person shooter game for the Xbox platform by Microsoft. The fake Halo 4 application in the App Store would cost the user $4.99, and it turned out to be either a racing game or a Chess game (there were two versions) even though the application description paints the game as a first-person shooter with guns and vehicles (just like Halo, right?) The game also received a ton of 4-5 star application reviews from obvious scammer accounts in the iTunes Store.

    Red flags should always be raised when you see the game title “Halo” of any kind without a developer name of “Microsoft.” Obviously, an expensive game like Halo 4 also isn’t going to only cost $4.99 in the iOS App Store. Other impressive first person shooters such as the Modern Combat series, which is basically a rip-off of the real console Modern Warfare games, are still higher than that price at $6.99.

    Apple appears to have been quick on the catch, as the game was quickly pulled from the App Store before more potential buyers were scammed. If only Apple were so alert when it came to jailbreak application fakes…

    Sources: Gizmodo via TUAW
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-21-2012 at 03:28 PM.

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts

    It's pretty amazing The App Store still has a reputation of having such a a strict and thorough screening process. This app makes me wonder...It seems that not only is there not a single human at the very least glancing over the apps (or they are incredibly stupid), but also that whatever filters are in place are not even catching the most GLARING of red flags.

    Hopefully someone will realize how easy it is now to sneak things in to the App Store, and we will finally get some new hidden tethering apps!! Pleaseee!!
    El Zurdo

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    [...]
    The latest occurrence is a fake Halo 4 application. Halo 4 is a popular first person shooter game for the Xbox and PC platforms by Microsoft. [...]
    Isn't Halo ONLY for xbox?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Isn't Halo ONLY for xbox?
    Yes. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    2,684
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Isn't Halo ONLY for xbox?
    You can get it for PC.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yes. Thanks.
    Incorrect, Halo:Combat Evolved and Halo 2 both were released on PC.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    Incorrect, Halo:Combat Evolved and Halo 2 both were released on PC.
    As you can see from the article excerpt that he quoted, this has nothing to do with Halo 2 nor Halo: Combat Evolved.

  8. #8
    AppStore Review Team already on Christmas vacation -_-

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    AppStore Review Team already on Christmas vacation -_-
    haha.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    It's pretty amazing The App Store still has a reputation of having such a a strict and thorough screening process. This app makes me wonder...It seems that not only is there not a single human at the very least glancing over the apps (or they are incredibly stupid), but also that whatever filters are in place are not even catching the most GLARING of red flags.

    Hopefully someone will realize how easy it is now to sneak things in to the App Store, and we will finally get some new hidden tethering apps!! Pleaseee!!
    We have got multiple tethering apps.. They will get pulled though because they get publicity.

    Also apple does have an extremely strict application policy unfortunately they have rejected many of my companies apps for not "utilizing iOS 6" and they were mainly HTML based... -.-

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CraZyJaVieR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 110 Times in 63 Posts

    6.6 MB?

    and modern combat takes 1.2GB?

    people has to be stupid to get a Retina first person shooter with online and single player with only 6,6MB

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CraZyJaVieR View Post
    6.6 MB?

    and modern combat takes 1.2GB?

    people has to be stupid to get a Retina first person shooter with online and single player with only 6,6MB
    Oooh. Yeah another good reason. I overlooked this.

  13. #13
    Apple don't allow awesome tweaks that make iOS much better (eg. SBSettings), but they allow fake rip-off apps. Apple are a bunch of f**kheads.

  14. #14
    If it's fake, then how they added it on store?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •