+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T Turns On 4G LTE in Ten More Markets Following Verizon's Slap in the Face Yesterday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Totally worth it. Even FiOS' slowest speed is better than most cable providers for the same price.
...
  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 57 Times in 38 Posts

    Totally worth it. Even FiOS' slowest speed is better than most cable providers for the same price.

  2. #22
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Got a nice little surprise today. LTE in Broomfield Colorado today.

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    In Orlando, go to school in Tampa, and loving the LTE speeds!

  4. #24
    Green Apple Parana6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Why can't I upload pics here?

  5. #25
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,579
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Don't forget iPad 3rd Gen w/Cellular is also LTE ready w/AT&T. Opening post doesn't say that.

    Also where on AT&T's site can you get a city list of LTE coverage rather than a map with color coding - for those of us who are color blind. ????
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #26
    Green Apple Parana6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    I'm getting about 3mb download on AT&T Lte in east Brunswick,nj, AT&T sucks.

  7. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Don't forget iPad 3rd Gen w/Cellular is also LTE ready w/AT&T. Opening post doesn't say that.

    Also where on AT&T's site can you get a city list of LTE coverage rather than a map with color coding - for those of us who are color blind. ????
    Idk. If you hit the AT&T link at the bottom it takes you to att site where it tells you everyday what there doing and what cities are LTE ready

  8. #28
    Green Apple brandyn baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    I live in Claremore, OK. 30 minutes from Tulsa Oklahoma. They just got LTE and I get it out here too. It says LTE in the corner.

  9. #29
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,579
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Idk. If you hit the AT&T link at the bottom it takes you to att site where it tells you everyday what there doing and what cities are LTE ready
    That's not a complete list unfortunately. Anybody else who isn't color blind that can tell me if Philadelphia has LTE with AT&T yet?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's not a complete list unfortunately. Anybody else who isn't color blind that can tell me if Philadelphia has LTE with AT&T yet?
    Or you can just turn your LTE on and if it doesn't work then I guess you don't have it

  11. #31
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,579
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Or you can just turn your LTE on and if it doesn't work then I guess you don't have it
    Silly person!! I'm not getting one until its available. Who would want an iP5 without LTE?!? Not me.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Silly person!! I'm not getting one until its available. Who would want an iP5 without LTE?!? Not me.
    I thought earlier you had implied you had one. Oh we'll then there's no list

  13. #33
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,813
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 983 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Silly person!! I'm not getting one until its available. Who would want an iP5 without LTE?!? Not me.
    I would want one even if there was no LTE. It's so good ;D

  14. #34
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,579
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I thought earlier you had implied you had one. Oh we'll then there's no list
    That's so stupid on AT&T's part. Even my friends who can see color say that they use dark blue to indicate HSPA+ and "darker blue" to indicate LTE. I think they're trying to 'trick people' by making them think there's more LTE than there is. People get their phones home and only get HSPA speeds and they say - 'just look at our map' - your only in dark blue not double dark blue! Lol!!!! My 4S is a great HSPA phone..

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I would want one even if there was no LTE. It's so good ;D
    Yeah.. I'm looking forward to A6 and the lighter phone - it looks so sleak.. The taller screen doesn't impress me because they didn't widen it. But my views have already been expressed on that point..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  15. #35
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's so stupid on AT&T's part. Even my friends who can see color say that they use dark blue to indicate HSPA+ and "darker blue" to indicate LTE. I think they're trying to 'trick people' by making them think there's more LTE than there is. People get their phones home and only get HSPA speeds and they say - 'just look at our map' - your only in dark blue not double dark blue! Lol!!!! My 4S is a great HSPA phone..

    Yeah.. I'm looking forward to A6 and the lighter phone - it looks so sleak.. The taller screen doesn't impress me because they didn't widen it. But my views have already been expressed on that point..
    Because it is taller it looks a huge difference and compared to the 4s it's a stubby brick lol

  16. #36
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,579
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Because it is taller it looks a huge difference and compared to the 4s it's a stubby brick lol
    Yeah I hear ya.. I have to admit I was unprepared for how awesome the 5 would feel. I'm most looking forward to that.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  17. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Utah is getting more 4g
    Where in Utah are you from?

  18. #38
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah I hear ya.. I have to admit I was unprepared for how awesome the 5 would feel. I'm most looking forward to that.
    Here's a list of upcoming cities and there is a list of the whole thing.
    Att.com/network and click on coverage and click on "list of cities" and there ya go.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (12-23-2012)

  20. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Newnan, GA, USA
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I hate you dude. Saw on YouTube some guy in Orlando was hitting 52mb download. What you getting? Hope I get speeds like that
    I got over 58mbps on AT&T in Atlanta.

    AT&T Turns On 4G LTE in Ten More Markets Following Verizon's Slap in the Face Yesterday-image.jpg

    (That's 58.72 Mbps from Ookla's speedtest app)
    Last edited by Shigoroku; 12-23-2012 at 08:10 AM.

  21. #40
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,579
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Here's a list of upcoming cities and there is a list of the whole thing.
    Att.com/network and click on coverage and click on "list of cities" and there ya go.
    Interesting that they haven't implemented it for the two largest cities Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Unless that's an old list. My friend, who can see color, says that the color-coded map shows Philly as now being LTE. Can anyone confirm that for me on the colormap?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-23-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts