Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blockbuster iPhone 5 Launch in China Points toward Apple Stock Being Undervalued

Thanks

Default Blockbuster iPhone 5 Launch in China Points toward Apple Stock Being Undervalued

Investment firms are recently viewing the record breaking opening weekend for Apple’s iPhone 5 in China as a sign that the company’s shares are undervalued with strong performance likely to show up in this quarter’s financials. RBC Capital Markets recently said that Apple sold two million iPhone 5 units in China over its opening weekend as “a positive as the company continues to outpace the previous iPhone 4S launch setting up for” a positive December quarter. Firms seem to be sticking to its Outperform rating for AAPL as well as its $750 price target.

Analysts at Wells Fargo are also seeing a strong Chinese open as keeping Apple on track to either meet or beat Wells Fargo’s prior estimate of 46 million iPhones sold in the December quarter. The firm seems to see potential for some seasonal drop-off following a strong holiday quarter but Wells Fargo continues to maintain an Outperform rating with a valuation range between $710 and $730. The company’s analysis did see potential risks for Apple in the near future with slowing growth a possibility due to tough comparisons as well as the possibility of disruptions due to legal disputes and potential supply constraints. The report also draws attention to what it called “evolutionary versus revolutionary steps in innovation” as a possible cause for concern.

Many other analysts have also reacted positively to Apple’s blockbuster start for the iPhone 5 in China. The sales ended up being so strong that Apple issued a press release to tout the numbers on Sunday night. Overall, it seems like Apple will be continuing to perform as well if not better in the current quarter.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When it gets designed AND built in U.S. and sold domestically and internationally and the money comes back to U.S. then sure it is under valued.
    But the way it is I do not see why it should affect U.S. AAPL prices.

BTW just to let you know, a lot of people are underwhelmed with iPhone 5 in China. No more "can't wait must have" mentality for Apple products.

誰要愛瘋?
    我可以等
    Last edited by unison999; 12-19-2012 at 12:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    When it gets designed AND built in U.S. and sold domestically and internationally and the money comes back to U.S. then sure it is under valued.

BTW just to let you know, a lot of people are underwhelmed with iPhone 5 in China. No more "can't wait must have" mentality for Apple products.

誰要愛瘋?
    我可以等
    Not when I was in China a few weeks ago the Apple shops were packed. This is jsut another sign that the Chiense are far from underwhelmed. Apple can't make enough

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post

誰要愛瘋?
    我可以等
    What? What r u trying to say?!? Your English (or perhaps logic) do not make any sense. But thank you! Thank you for telling us that there r fan boyish types in China too!
    El Zurdo