+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.0.2 Released for iPhone 5, iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
OK, I understand that, but it's still wrong. I want to use my iPhone the way I want and at my own risk, So, I need to have choice and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

OK, I understand that, but it's still wrong. I want to use my iPhone the way I want and at my own risk, So, I need to have choice and yes I am aware of the risks involved. It's a free world and Apple is working very hard to limit this choices. Long term, I am sure, they will lose more and more users, if they continue like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,515 Times in 4,313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Face it, we need Geohot back in the scene. Start a petition or something lol
    All props to Geohot, not even he could have cracked this nut any quicker. iOS 6 is like Fort Knox from what the devs are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    OK, I understand that, but it's still wrong. I want to use my iPhone the way I want and at my own risk, So, I need to have choice and yes I am aware of the risks involved. It's a free world and Apple is working very hard to limit this choices. Long term, I am sure, they will lose more and more users, if they continue like this.
    Your argument's been made a million times. The fact is that people who jailbreak their phones account for less then 1.5% of all iPhone users. We're an insignificant speck on Apple's radar. That's also why it's not a proper argument to make that Apple only does updates to close the exploit loopholes. That's not the case at all. I mean it does matter to them to close those loopholes but because they're worried about malware more than jailbreakers.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-21-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Fine agreed, just wondering, 1,5 %, what number would that be 1 or 2 million or maybe more, not exactly peanuts.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Face it, we need Geohot back in the scene. Start a petition or something lol
    I'm sure you were joking, but a petition might not be a bad idea. No harm in asking/begging/groveling (politely!): [email protected]. Geohot is one of the few devs (along with MuscleNerd) that didn't end up selling exploits (or his soul) to the Devil.

BTW, I believe the numbers for jailbroken phones are a little higher than has been quoted. Estimates (prior to the iPhone 5 launch) had the US at about 7~8% of iPhones jailbroken, but countries such as China as high as 50%. There'd be some loss of revenue if past jailbreak users switched to other platforms, but almost certainly not enough to make Apple loosen its iron-grip control over iOS.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345