Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.0.2 Released for iPhone 5, iPad Mini

OK, I understand that, but it's still wrong. I want to use my iPhone the way I want and at my own risk, So, I need to have choice and yes I am aware of the risks involved. It's a free world and Apple is working very hard to limit this choices. Long term, I am sure, they will lose more and more users, if they continue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Face it, we need Geohot back in the scene. Start a petition or something lol
    All props to Geohot, not even he could have cracked this nut any quicker. iOS 6 is like Fort Knox from what the devs are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    OK, I understand that, but it's still wrong. I want to use my iPhone the way I want and at my own risk, So, I need to have choice and yes I am aware of the risks involved. It's a free world and Apple is working very hard to limit this choices. Long term, I am sure, they will lose more and more users, if they continue like this.
    Your argument's been made a million times. The fact is that people who jailbreak their phones account for less then 1.5% of all iPhone users. We're an insignificant speck on Apple's radar. That's also why it's not a proper argument to make that Apple only does updates to close the exploit loopholes. That's not the case at all. I mean it does matter to them to close those loopholes but because they're worried about malware more than jailbreakers.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-21-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Fine agreed, just wondering, 1,5 %, what number would that be 1 or 2 million or maybe more, not exactly peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Face it, we need Geohot back in the scene. Start a petition or something lol
    I'm sure you were joking, but a petition might not be a bad idea. No harm in asking/begging/groveling (politely!): [email protected]. Geohot is one of the few devs (along with MuscleNerd) that didn't end up selling exploits (or his soul) to the Devil.

BTW, I believe the numbers for jailbroken phones are a little higher than has been quoted. Estimates (prior to the iPhone 5 launch) had the US at about 7~8% of iPhones jailbroken, but countries such as China as high as 50%. There'd be some loss of revenue if past jailbreak users switched to other platforms, but almost certainly not enough to make Apple loosen its iron-grip control over iOS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345