+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.0.2 Released for iPhone 5, iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jps1012 ok thanks. I wonder if i am already screwed bc I updated to 6.0.1 Same here... Originally Posted by kbecker17 Would it be possible that if
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    ok thanks. I wonder if i am already screwed bc I updated to 6.0.1
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by kbecker17 View Post
    Would it be possible that if a jailbreak was released for 6.0/6.0.1 that a package could be deployed that would fix the wifi bug?
    Good point... Great thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    Gee. If Apple makes their future OS unjailbreakable then where will they steal...er get all their new ideas from?
    Haha!!!! Good point... A lot of things have been taken like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yep. Jailbreaking is very hard from here out. 2 of our best devs sold out to Apple - working for them now. That virtually kills it.

This time last year we had Absinthe for 5. The devs don't even have a real jailbreak on their phones yet for ip5 on 6. They've only shown a 'failbreak'. And then the distance from true jailbreak on a Dev phone to a public release of an untethered JB is also a couple months. So we're in for a "long winter's nap", gang. Nowhere close.

And I agree that the devs will never release a JB for a non current version. It's not their pattern.

Riddle me this. If I order from Apple tonight will a 5 come with 6.0.2 or 6.0.1? What about if I buy from Best Buy stock?
    Heres the thing... If they work for apple, they surely know more exploits, or could create more. I think there will always be a way for a long time yet, it just might not be discovered soon.
    Last edited by iH85CH001; 12-19-2012 at 03:53 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Sorry but you're breath smells like **** because you're talking out your ***.
    You were one of the followers that believed in the Dream Jailbreak, right?!?

I get it. People need something to hang on to when they have no hope, no education and no basic grasp of grammar. You hang tight - I'm sure that untethered iOS 6 jailbreak is imminent and about to drop any day now.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 732 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    You were one of the followers that believed in the Dream Jailbreak, right?!?

I get it. People need something to hang on to when they have no hope, no education and no basic grasp of grammar. You hang tight - I'm sure that untethered iOS 6 jailbreak is imminent and about to drop any day now.
    I think what he means is a jailbreak will come eventually I believe it. Otherwise wouldn't they just say NO? And FYI who cares about grammar. This is the Internet. No one cares

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I think what he means is a jailbreak will come eventually I believe it. Otherwise wouldn't they just say NO? And FYI who cares about grammar. This is the Internet. No one cares
    Think about the logic of what you're saying. How can anybody know that a needle doesn't exist in a haystack, just because it hasn't been found yet? No, the devs wouldn't say 'no', because they'd never know for sure. The only sign you'd get would be no jailbreak.

FYI, poor grammar bugs the hell out of me and everybody I know that understands it. People that don't know don't care. Just because you aren't being constantly corrected doesn't mean others don't notice or judge you on it.

On a more constructive note, those waiting on a jailbreak might consider the following in the meantime:

Gmail
    Google Voice
    Google contacts via Exchange or CardDav
    Google Calendar via Exchange or CalDav
    Amazon Cloud Player for your music

Why? Because if you're setup like this on iPhone, it is zero effort to switch to Android. Nobody's going to force you to switch, but if one day you decide to, it's an easy migration.

I agree there's a possibility a jailbreak will eventually materialize for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini/4th gen, but it depends how long people are willing to wait. Some people may learn to live without a jailbreak. Personally, I find stock iOS unbearably lame and couldn't go that route. After 6 months of waiting for a jailbreak and with a shiny new Galaxy S4 available to customize from day one, some of you might want another option. I'm not a fanboy of either camp - I'm just pointing out your options...
    Last edited by csglinux; 12-20-2012 at 12:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just couldn't imagine an iPhone without a jailbreak. It's one of the few reasons why I have an iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know man, but iPhone / idevices are nothing to me unjailbroken. I really need and miss mobile terminal. Thats all i want but would like other tweaks. I really dont know what to think all i know is im so mod edit bored on this thing checking modmyi everyday for jb news. mod edit getting an android. Where to from here?

PS. The mobile version of this site is really bad!
    Last edited by 2k1; 12-20-2012 at 05:41 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want jailbreak for iPad Mini, is it available for iOS6?

Thanks

Think about the logic of what you're saying. How can anybody know that a needle doesn't exist in a haystack, just because it hasn't been found yet? No, the devs wouldn't say 'no', because they'd never know for sure. The only sign you'd get would be no jailbreak.

FYI, poor grammar bugs the hell out of me and everybody I know that understands it. People that don't know don't care. Just because you aren't being constantly corrected doesn't mean others don't notice or judge you on it.

On a more constructive note, those waiting on a jailbreak might consider the following in the meantime:

Gmail
    Google Voice

Why? Because if you're setup like this on iPhone, it is zero effort to switch to Android. Nobody's going to force you to switch, but if one day you decide to, it's an easy migration.

I agree there's a possibility a jailbreak will eventually materialize for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini/4th gen, but it depends how long people are willing to wait. Some people may learn to live without a jailbreak. Personally, I find stock iOS unbearably lame and couldn't go that route. After 6 months of waiting for a jailbreak and with a shiny new Galaxy S4 available to customize from day one, some of you might want another option. I'm not a fanboy of either camp - I'm just pointing out your options...
    Well although I love a jailbreak I can wait. I waited for the last one I can do it again. And as far as android all this stuff you speak of:

Gmail
    Google Voice

Or just use one:

iTunes!

And what about pictures. What other 3rd party program do I have to use about that?
    I've always wanted to try a galaxy but way too unorganized

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Well although I love a jailbreak I can wait. I waited for the last one I can do it again. And as far as android all this stuff you speak of:

Gmail
    Google Voice

Or just use one:

iTunes!

And what about pictures. What other 3rd party program do I have to use about that?
    I've always wanted to try a galaxy but way too unorganized
    Agree with ya there. Guy out here has an galaxy 3 and I messed with it couple of times and blah it's nice. But very well unorganized

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Or just use one:

iTunes!
    ;-) Of course, it takes a little bit of effort to get organized - and Apple is betting you won't make that effort. What I'm saying is, you can, without yet giving up anything on your iPhone, move towards becoming more vendor neutral. All I'm saying is keep your options open. Right now, you're waiting patiently for a jailbreak and that's fine. But you may not feel the same degree of patience if the 5S gets released and there's still no jailbreak for the iPhone 5.

Thanks

;-) Of course, it takes a little bit of effort to get organized - and Apple is betting you won't make that effort. What I'm saying is, you can, without yet giving up anything on your iPhone, move towards becoming more vendor neutral. All I'm saying is keep your options open. Right now, you're waiting patiently for a jailbreak and that's fine. But you may not feel the same degree of patience if the 5S gets released and there's still no jailbreak for the iPhone 5.
    What are you like an android vendor…I think I'll be ok thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cydia is a money making machine. With so many phones being upgraded to the 5 Sauriks revenue is slowly dwindling down daily. None of us really know what's going on behind the JB scene nor do we know who's pockets are lined with the revenue that's generated thru Cydia. I'm sure their will be something when they can actually implement a public easy to use JB. There's just to much revenue being lost by these devs to leave it alone and just give up. You can bet they're working hard to figure this out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Cydia is a money making machine. With so many phones being upgraded to the 5 Sauriks revenue is slowly dwindling down daily. None of us really know what's going on behind the JB scene nor do we know who's pockets are lined with the revenue that's generated thru Cydia. I'm sure their will be something when they can actually implement a public easy to use JB. There's just to much revenue being lost by these devs to leave it alone and just give up. You can bet they're working hard to figure this out.
    True that. I mean if they didn't wanna do a jailbreak. Guess who loses out of cydia $$$? Everyone does. That's kinda messed up.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    This is probably the most sensible post made here so far. There's a LOT of motivation for the devs to get this done as I'm SURE Saurik 'shares the wealth' with the Devs. BUT -- regardless of how much 'motivation' there is for a public untether to come out - there's still the problem of iOS 6 being locked down like FortKnox and two veteran Devs of the Hack world having been 'wooed' over and hired by Apple to work for them. That's bad news for the JB world.

Apple's had 6 iOSes now to 'clean up' their holes in the code and learn for the 'way' in which the hackers (who prefer the name "devs") think and look for exploits. They WILL find a JB for iOS6.0.2 or 6.1 (6.1.1 ??)... BUT it will take longer and longer between each new iOS. By JUNE 2013, Apple's talking about having the next phone out - likely called a 5S - and iOS 7 will likely accompany it - we likely won't have a jailbreak before maybe -- February now.. So 4 months to play with our Jailbroken iP5es and then the 5S and iOS7 come out and we'll be stuck for 9 months with no JB for that. So life gets trickier from here.

CsgLinux is right. If total freedom with your phone is what you're after - Android is gonna end up being the world you'll want to live in. It's just gonna become to much of a pain in azz to wait for the Jailbreaks that will get harder and harder to deliver. Linux people (which is in CgsLinux's name) are people who float 'above' Mac and Windows worlds for years. That's why he can speak so 'whichever one you choose' about the difference between iOS and Android.. Some of us can not ever see Android as a solution even with Google's DAV capabilites for contacts, calendars and all the rest.... And on Android - those implementations can NOT be compared to iOS. In comparison - they're toys. I've had them side by side. Trust me. NOTHING is better in the Android world, functionality and stability-wise. iOS is superior in every objectively measured category - OS-wise. But the PHONES Android is being run on are approaching equality with iPhones and maybe even moving beyond - especially in screen size dimensions/cameras, etc. That spells bad things for Apple.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-20-2012 at 05:02 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

flash66 (01-28-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

I can never find where to post so i'll put it here.
    Want to crash iTunes. I works every time.
    Open iTunes, goto the UPDATES tab.
    Close iTunes, make sure it's closed not hidden.
    Now open iTunes. It will be in the updates tab but before its fully loaded thee is a search box at the top right.
    Type in that box.
    Crash!

WHY is it that when I log into the site on the ios app it shows different posts than when I log into the PC version?
    I posted here on the IOS app and its not here in the PC. And the whole last page isn't here on the PC so it looks like a completely different topic but its not its the same topic just 2 different topics as the PC version is missing a lot of posts.

Only after I posted in the PC version did the last page of posts turn up... Please fix

About the crash, its no longer crashing. It did it about 1 hour ago and all of a sudden its stopped crashing.
    iPad3 IOS6.0.1.
    It always crashed when on the UPDATES tab as that usually didn't have a search bar, when the page finally loaded the search box would disappear but now its there and it works like you would expect it to now.
    I'm guessing they knew about it and fixed it on their side.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 12-20-2012 at 06:33 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,875 Times in 6,509 Posts

Have you tried to "refresh" the screen on your PC? I use both everyday and never have the issue that you mention. The pages do not update instantly or automatically, you need to manually refresh them.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Reading through this thread, all I can wonder is what Apple thinks they have to gain by trying so adamantly to block jailbreaks. Does it come down to the revenue itunes and their app store generates? It's not as though being jailbroken means that you suddenly stop buying apps or songs (if you were buying music/apps anyway), and if you were mostly avoiding paid apps and merely adding music you already "own" via itunes, very little would change. What they WILL lose, revenue-wise, is people who find the non-jailbreak iPhone experience lacking, restrictive, and unacceptable. I find myself in that category, and as absolutely amazing a device as my iPhone 5 is, I'm finding myself more and more willing to make the full leap to Android the longer I'm forced to wait for a jailbreak. Once gone (and jailbreak speed doesn't improve) I seriously doubt I'd ever crawl back to Apple. In my case, that's a lost phone sale, and potential iPad sales also, (I'm on an Asus Transformer typing this post as it is) and that'd include any future iterations of those as well, not to mention the money I definitely wouldn't be spending on music OR apps.

Are they too stupid to realize that they'd be losing me - and those like me - as customers over....WHAT exactly? I don't care that they don't support jailbreaks. I don't care if it'd void my warranty. I DO care that my only real option is a sub-par experience with Android, but that gap is closing so it won't be long until that's not even an issue. Meanwhile, they spend how much on "securing" the hardware they sell to us that, apparently, we don't even really "own" since we can't even choose to do what we like with it?

Oh, and btw; 6.0.2 made my finicky wifi go from annoying to almost completely broken. My IP5 only works on wifi when within a few feet of the router, and that's if it stops telling me "cannot join network" for more than a few seconds. Even then, I can have full bars and the connection will intermittently function, loading for a moment, hanging for a few seconds, then continue, and it's definitely only happening with my phone. Android just looks nicer by the minute....and I'd call my jailbroken iPhone 4 perfect (regret selling it now, even as awesomely fast as my 5 is).

Anywho, excuse the rant. I just don't understand Apple's line of thinking when it comes to jailbreaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,145 Times in 4,592 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shiymmas View Post
    Anywho, excuse the rant. I just don't understand Apple's line of thinking when it comes to jailbreaks.
    It's simple. And it's been this way since their founding in the early 80's. Apples main credo is that ALL users have the SAME excellent stable experience with their products. Jailbreaking has the potential to change, for the worse, the user experience. They will never back down on that central driving principle. It's in the Apple Scriptures.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Face it, we need Geohot back in the scene. Start a petition or something lol
    iphone 5 16gb iOS 6.1 beta 4