+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.0.2 Released for iPhone 5, iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    & comex stated "@comex: @MuscleNerd Nobody will ever release a jailbreak that doesn’t work on the current version. "

Which is the best point anyone could make.
    I would agree, except reading through a couple of convos m-nerd had about an hour ago, both his i5 and iPad mini are on 6.0... So it's honestly up-in-the-air at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
    I have a feeling with 6.1 immenent that updating to 6.0.2 really won't matter to an iphone 5 jailbreak.

I may be wrong, but I would bet the jailbreak is being held off on and readied for 6.1 anyway where 6.0.2 won't make a difference.
    Like I said, it could go either way with musclenerd tweeting "@MuscleNerd: @Dazza1986 nope, at 6.0 on my i5 and iPad-mini (those are the devices for which 6.0.2 was released today)"
    Last edited by fanboyfanboy; 12-18-2012 at 02:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the new beta blocked an exploit, however still jailbreakable using redsnow... if your below an iphone 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Have you folks seen the security Apple put into iOS 6? Even if there are holes, you can no longer exploit them. I may be wrong too, but I don't think we're going to see a jailbreak for 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 or 6.1. It's a sad state of affairs, but Apple's 1984 commercial has come full circle.

If you're holding your breath for a jailbreak, you're going to die of asphyxiation.
    Gee. If Apple makes their future OS unjailbreakable then where will they steal...er get all their new ideas from?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozzie5374 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (12-19-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    Gee. If Apple makes their future OS unjailbreakable then where will they steal...er get all their new ideas from?
    They won't have to "steal" ideas anymore because there will be no capability for anyone else but apple to implement them. We will forever be stuck with the few minor addons apple adds to their new releases.

People are saying that 6.0.2 covered up a hole for an exploit which means there was one and it wasn't noticed or there is simply just not enough hackers (i mean numerically NOT intelligently) to keep up with Apple these days. I called it when it took so long for a jb with iOS 5 and ill say it again, Apple is slowly but surely ending jail breaking. Those if you out there who don't want iOS without a jb get prepared to start rooting Androids =(

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (12-19-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're holding your breath for a jailbreak, you're going to die of asphyxiation.
    U likely wont die by holding your breath... You'd just pass out and start breathing again...just saying...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (12-19-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    U likely wont die by holding your breath... You'd just pass out and start breathing again...just saying...
    LOL +1 to you man, I usually hate smart a** type comments but that was pretty funny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (12-19-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

kind of silly, considering that 6.1 is right around the corner now that it is at beta 4.....

Thanks
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

Yep. Jailbreaking is very hard from here out. 2 of our best devs sold out to Apple - working for them now. That virtually kills it.

This time last year we had Absinthe for 5. The devs don't even have a real jailbreak on their phones yet for ip5 on 6. They've only shown a 'failbreak'. And then the distance from true jailbreak on a Dev phone to a public release of an untethered JB is also a couple months. So we're in for a "long winter's nap", gang. Nowhere close.

And I agree that the devs will never release a JB for a non current version. It's not their pattern.

Riddle me this. If I order from Apple tonight will a 5 come with 6.0.2 or 6.0.1? What about if I buy from Best Buy stock?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-18-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And I agree that the devs will never release a JB for a non current version. It's not their pattern.
    True but everyone knows 6.0.1 was a legit update for bugs. 6.0.2 is just a bullcrap update. Who knows what 6.1 will have. We can all assume devs know this and would rather jailbreak 6.0.1 right? Seems like apple will keep coming out with crap updates to screw with us idk

And for the person rooting androids. Screw it. Might as well prepare for it. See what next year has in store

Thanks

Moi aussi!! 😉

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

Yep. Jailbreaking is very hard from here out. 2 of our best devs sold out to Apple - working for them now. That virtually kills it.

This time last year we had Absinthe for 5. The devs don't even have a real jailbreak on their phones yet for ip5 on 6. They've only shown a 'failbreak'. And then the distance from true jailbreak on a Dev phone to a public release of an untethered JB is also a couple months. So we're in for a "long winter's nap", gang. Nowhere close.

Riddle me this. If I order from Apple tonight will a 5 come with 6.0.2 or 6.0.1? What about if I buy from Best Buy stock?
    I'd say from Best Buy? you'll have 6.0.1 on the phone because that's what was out when they got there inventory. Ordering from Apple? I'd say possible 6.0.2, But if you go to Apple store? probably be 6.0.1

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (12-18-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wateverko View Post
    Moi aussi!! 😉
    Referring to still having the iPhone 4S in jailbreak mode 😉

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I say update. Waiting for a jailbreak that most likely will never arrive is a waste of time. I know being able to customize your device is nice and helpful in some cases, but get used to an unjailbroken device running the latest firmware, a jailbroken device on an older firmware, or switch to a device that enables you to customize it to your likings.
    I've been using the iPhone 5 for months now and to tell the truth, I could care less about a jailbreak. IMHO I'd rather have a solid operating system on my phone then one that crashes from smell tweaks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    You're technically right there. I stand corrected :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I say update. Waiting for a jailbreak that most likely will never arrive is a waste of time. I know being able to customize your device is nice and helpful in some cases, but get used to an unjailbroken device running the latest firmware, a jailbroken device on an older firmware, or switch to a device that enables you to customize it to your likings.
    I've been using the iPhone 5 for months now and to tell the truth, I could care less about a jailbreak. IMHO I'd rather have a solid operating system on my phone then one that crashes from smell tweaks.
    I might agree with your conclusion, but not your logic. If you want maximum security, why not go to the Genius Bar and ask an Apple rep to change the root password on your laptop while you're not looking? That way, you'll only be able to install software approved by Apple and there will be much less risk of your suffering from hacks or Trojans.

Jailbreaking is (was) about giving you full access to do whatever you wanted to the device you own. If you're going to jailbreak, of course you have to be careful about what software you install. Also, you'll find that all jailbreak tweaks and apps are perfectly odorless.
    Last edited by csglinux; 12-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    You're overstating your case. Stability isn't a function of jailbreak or not. It's a function of the software you're running on the open or closed system. My 4S jailbroken on 5.1.1 is rock stable and I have 60-70 tweaks loaded an am running a very busy theme with several iWidgets and it's all rock stable and no laggier than a stock phone. I only use paid tweaks. That's the key. They're as stable as any Apple Store app.

The stock iOS is just too boring and adhering to a closed iOS will be Apple's ultimate undoing. That and unimaginative new hardware.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You're overstating your case. Stability isn't a function of jailbreak or not. It's a function of the software you're running on the open or closed system. My 4S jailbroken on 5.1.1 is rock stable and I have 60-70 tweaks loaded an am running a very busy theme with several iWidgets and it's all rock stable and no laggier than a stock phone. I only use paid tweaks. That's the key. They're as stable as any Apple Store app.

The stock iOS is just too boring and adhering to a closed iOS will be Apple's ultimate undoing. That and unimaginative new hardware.
    Agree 110%.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 727 Posts

Agree 110%.
    Agreed. My jailbroken 4s was the bomb. No lag at all. Battery was phenomenal

Thanks

And the end of today there's still no jailbreak so why bother
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

I've stopped jailbreaking starting with 4S. Just not worth it anymore.

Doing OTA update now.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks

I heard if you update it actually jailbreaks your device.