Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Woz Predicts Strong Push in Business Technology for 2013

Thanks

Default Woz Predicts Strong Push in Business Technology for 2013

Apple’s co-founder Steve Wozniak has offered some of his predictions for 2013 in an interview with Forbes and much of what he says seems interesting for the Cupertino California company. The main theme behind his predictions was that of business technology, where he shares his thoughts of Apple making a big push in the enterprise market going forward.

One of the things he brought up were the trends that businesses seem to be taking, which is moving further away from standard desktop PCs and leaning towards a more personal era of smartphones, tablets, and other such devices. Given such a trend, he feels that the cloud will also continue to play an important role in the upcoming year, extending to businesses that use smartphones and tablets more in the workplace.

He also feels that the software and hardware on mobile devices is catching up to the growing needs that business people have, making them good substitutes for many basic computer needs that can be carried in one’s pocket. With the “BYOD” (Bring Your Own Device) policy becoming more popular as well, businesses will have to balance issues like security and productivity along with the customization and portability that smartphones and tablets offer.

Overall, some pretty good insight by Wozniak. His predictions should be weighed heavily as he has played a very influential role in the technology industry thus far and has some serious knowledge and experience with said devices. (For those of you who didn’t know, he carries like 10 different smartphones).

Source: Forbes via Slashdot

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Why is woz still getting attention. Sure he had a very excellent understanding about apple but he still hardly knows more than we do about upcoming devices etc. anyone could read the market and look for where apple will try to make a bigger push. The thing about predictions like this, is the fact is apple will move into the business market more whether in a large or small way and someone who publicly announced this before it happens will look like a genius when it was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Why is woz still getting attention. Sure he had a very excellent understanding about apple but he still hardly knows more than we do about upcoming devices etc. anyone could read the market and look for where apple will try to make a bigger push. The thing about predictions like this, is the fact is apple will move into the business market more whether in a large or small way and someone who publicly announced this before it happens will look like a genius when it was inevitable.
    Kinda like the info on a fortune cookie. Broad / vague

I agree woz is all washed up

Maybe we'll actually go paperless next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Why is woz still getting attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I agree woz is all washed up
    The man started Apple. He's a hugely successful Electronics engineer still employed by Apple, where he's also a shareholder. The man is paid to travel the world to give presentations on the current and future state of technology. He's also founded a holding company for acquiring technology companies and developing them and holds 9 Honorary Doctor of Engineering degrees, but he still hardly knows more than we do about upcoming devices etc.

Morons.
    Last edited by severe; 12-18-2012 at 11:14 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to severe For This Useful Post:

runey71 (12-18-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    The man started Apple. He's a hugely successful Electronics engineer still employed by Apple, where he's also a shareholder. The man is paid to travel the world to give presentations on the current and future state of technology. He's also founded a holding company for acquiring technology companies and developing them and holds 9 Honorary Doctor of Engineering degrees, but he still hardly knows more than we do about upcoming devices etc.

Morons.
    Watch out we got a badass over here

Watch out we got a badass over here
    Really? How do you figure?

Really? How do you figure?
    Calm down everyone has an opinion of who they think someone is about

Calm down everyone has an opinion of who they think someone is about
    Perfectly calm. Was sharing some facts and my own opinion.

And the question was how you figured me a badass.

Perfectly calm. Was sharing some facts and my own opinion.

And the question was how you figured me a badass.
    Calm people call others morons.

Anyway I love how you call me a moron but your last sentence agrees with me.

Also I know a guy who has 12 PhDs but he still doesn't know anything specific about apple next year