+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Maps for iOS Already Tops 10 Million Downloads

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I guess im along in liking the Apple Maps. I have had no issues with it. I have yet to get lost or be shown the wrong directions. Sorry for
    Thanks

I guess im along in liking the Apple Maps. I have had no issues with it. I have yet to get lost or be shown the wrong directions. Sorry for those who have gotten lost. In the end its a preference. Seems like users were wanting some all powerful mapping system from Apple and it fell short. I find it useful and use it all the time without issue. Like i said its a choice not a law that one is better than the other.

Thanks

I'm also loving the Apple maps. The 3D city view is sooo amazing!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Bs lol

Some of you fanboys are pathetic. You refuse to give Google credit for anything. I bet some of you will say that Google doesn't have the best search engine soon. It's ok to like things from both Google and Apple. And the person comparing Google IOS 5 maps to Apple maps needs to first try out the new Google App before criticizing it. That is just ignorant.
    You're talking too much sense man.

If I had Apple maps on my trip to NY, I would've been screwed big time. You have no idea how useful public transportation maps and times are when you are a tourist in a new city. All I had to do was tap on the station by me and I saw directly where that subway went and can even find out the times it came.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    You're talking too much sense man.

If I had Apple maps on my trip to NY, I would've been screwed big time. You have no idea how useful public transportation maps and times are when you are a tourist in a new city. All I had to do was tap on the station by me and I saw directly where that subway went and can even find out the times it came.
    That's apples point though. Why would they build a transit database when there are other sources already available.

And to the guy you quoted it has nothing to do with being one sides. It has everything to do with people not having issues with apple maps. I have not once had an issue with it. So why would I dislike it? It integrates with Siri and my contacts there for does more USEFUL stuff than google maps can do for me.

So for me and many others like me that could give a rats *** about street view apple maps is better on the iPhone because of its integration with core services.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont get what all the arguments are for. Both apps are good and each have their own strengths. I use both for different funtions. "Cant we all just get along?"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    I still don't understand, there's nothing at all the Goggle Map does better, hell...When using directions it doesn't link to my contacts like the Apple Map does. Score one for Apple, I've now traveled to 12 different cities with no issues at all of Apple Map app finding my destination perfectly, Google sent me on 2 wild goose chases, score 2 for Apple.
    I just deleted my Guggle Map App, it's just not as good. You Guggle fans stop telling lies, and get a life. If you reply to this, be warned.....I never read my replies because frankly I don't have any respect for Guggle as a company nor its mindless drones who support it.
    Are you high or just oblivious? Apple have not been inovators since wozniak. They have become a "recipe" company, buying out small business and using their tech. And you have the balls to preach how android fans are drones. All I can say is open your eyes. baaaaaaa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tabit View Post
    I dont get what all the arguments are for. Both apps are good and each have their own strengths. I use both for different funtions. "Cant we all just get along?"
    Lol agreed!! People are mad that apple maps don't have street view when there is a google maps app that does. It's just silly.

Thanks

People will always find something to complain about.

Thanks

It's only been downloaded so many times because it is FREE. Why wouldn't you download it and try it out? You have nothing to lose. I on the other have downloaded it on the first day available and have only used it once since getting it. I agree with the majority that the iOS integrated GPS wasn't really as bad as the news made it out to be.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I Think Apple own logo says it best
    Google Maps for iOS Already Tops 10 Million Downloads-apple-maps-icon.jpeg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Attachment 617288
    Lmao no argument here hahah that's funny

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Attachment 617288
    Out of curiosity do apple fans go to android websites to troll on blogs because I don't have time or really care what android is doing. I just know what I like. If that is a no then I guess that just proves to me that apple is a better product and android fans are just jealous.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

BS lol, perfect name, yes I am comparing the latest Google map App, I'm not ignorant. And again, the App is sub par, it does not link to contacts. Do your homework properly.

Correct, quantity does not mean Quality.

Thanks

I think google maps are always one step ahead of apple map. Apple map are just ok.

Thanks

Your thought, not factual as I stated. No link to contacts makes this app useless for many. I look for Quality, not quantity downloaded. Do your homework before making useless, non factual data driven comments. .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cgfusion For This Useful Post:

Itchybums (12-30-2012)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12