+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Launches YouTube Capture App for Easy Video Shooting and Uploading

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google Launches YouTube Capture App for Easy Video Shooting and Uploading

Google has just launched a new free application in the App Store to compliment the YouTube application. The new application is called YouTube Capture and it allows you to easily shoot and upload videos to YouTube all in one place.

Users that use YouTube as a way to get information out to their subscribers, or share videos with their friends and family, may want to give this application a shot. It comes with editing features as well as the convenience of shooting videos and uploading them in the same place.

The recording screen is very barebones. There’s nothing to the interface except for a record button that shows the amount of runtime and four frame decals on the corners of the display.

The application includes editing features, such as auto-stabilization, auto-color correction, trimming, and the ability to add YouTube soundtracks. There are also a variety of sharing options for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. You can also adjust the privacy settings of the video, such as public, private, unlisted, etc.

The YouTube capture application is a step up from iOS 6’s built-in YouTube upload feature. iOS only allows you to set the piravy setting of the video, a category, tags, video quality, and a video description. It has no video editing options to speak of, so it’s interesting to see how Google has once again tiptoed around Apple’s limitations using the App Store.

The application is fully compatible with the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G's four-inch display right out of the box. If you want to grab YouTube Capture, you can get it for free from this link.

Sources: App Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice!

Thanks

I might be using this
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pretty nice app, but doesn't seem to do 1080p video even on iPhone 5

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

How do I add my music it it lets me
    Last edited by Cmds187; 12-17-2012 at 07:28 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cmds187 For This Useful Post:

jonrok (12-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm curious what other users out there think about this, compared to their favorite video apps. I haven't gone deep into video at all yet, but so far I've found a very elegant and well thought out (IMO) appstore app called "Video Camera" (by i4software, or something like that). It uploads to youtube, plus more, IIRC.... guess I'm kinda asking to hear shoutouts for peoples favorite vid apps are - shooting and/or editing/uploading.... or is there already a place for that, and I didn't even search to find out? my PC is really slow today OK? ;0
    Hopeing for replies I'd really like to find a gold-standard kinda video app so I can learn on that instead of wasting time learning inferior programming. There's probably a "best" super simple, as well as a best full-featured, of course. Them's the two I want. Could this google one be the best supersimple??
    BTW, as y'all must be able to tell, I'm brand spanking new here, in the phone software thing too, really pink! plus it's REALLY late.... hurrayy. first post sails drunkenly off into the sunset to find it's bearings... Hi Folks! I'm Jon. Be seein ya.

Thanks

That app $19.99 I won't be using it that much ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Nice!
    I just wish YouTube would integrate a 'record live' like QIK has.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really Nice, Google always comes with new things...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Can u shoot with the regular cam app an use this to upload.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Nvmd. U can

iPhone? More like MyPhone Janet55's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems nice apps.
    Have download it and might use it, as always need to upload videos to YT.
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    That app $19.99 I won't be using it that much ?
    Sorry, I forgot I got this app on a free app day. Wow, didn't realize it was that much! Probably not worth it unless you have extra cash, but it is a damn fine app, worth watching for a sale/free day for sure.
    I just noticed the remote camera feature as well. That on it's own could make Video Camera worth the price, for a professional. Really opens possibilities outside other video app realms. And if someone who knew waht they were doing were to try, I bet this could be hacked to record remotely from non-iOS devices, and over 4g instead of limiting to wifi. That would make for incredible possibilities!
    BTW, I got this through Appsfire, which is the best free app browser I've tried.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonrok View Post
    Sorry, I forgot I got this app on a free app day. Wow, didn't realize it was that much! Probably not worth it unless you have extra cash, but it is a damn fine app, worth watching for a sale/free day for sure.
    I just noticed the remote camera feature as well. That on it's own could make Video Camera worth the price, for a professional. Really opens possibilities outside other video app realms. And if someone who knew waht they were doing were to try, I bet this could be hacked to record remotely from non-iOS devices, and over 4g instead of limiting to wifi. That would make for incredible possibilities!
    BTW, I got this through Appsfire, which is the best free app browser I've tried.
    Lucky you ? I just down loaded Appsfire

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Doesn't appear in the App Store on my iPhone 5 or iPad mini. I'm on iOS 6.0.1 with both devices.

Was the app pulled for some reason?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    Doesn't appear in the App Store on my iPhone 5 or iPad mini. I'm on iOS 6.0.1 with both devices.

It's there same happen to me just have to look for it

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post

This is why we include download links in the article

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yout...ign-mpt=uo%3D4