+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.1 Beta 4 Released to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple Monday released iOS 6.1 Beta 4 (build number 10B5126b) to developers for testing. The update is available from the developer’s portal on Apple’s Web site and through OTA (over
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default iOS 6.1 Beta 4 Released to Developers

Apple Monday released iOS 6.1 Beta 4 (build number 10B5126b) to developers for testing. The update is available from the developer’s portal on Apple’s Web site and through OTA (over the air) updating on the testing device running at least iOS 6.1 itself. The update is about 100MB in size and varies depending on the device.

iOS 6.1 doesn’t add any known major features to iOS 6, however it does re-design the lock screen’s iPod controls to match that of the design in the new iOS 6 Music application. Apart from this change, most of the other changes are minor.

Not much is known about what iOS 6.1 Beta 4 brings, but we will keep you updated should information surface.

iOS 6.0.1 is still the latest public release of iOS for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Sources: MacRumors

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As Anthony says, 6.1 has almost zero new features. Apple is just patching some exploits that planetbeing has been working on.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ apple strikes again with a bs update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    As Anthony says, 6.1 has almost zero new features. Apple is just patching some exploits that planetbeing has been working on.
    That is an interesting comment. How do you, or how do you figure that? Unless Apple got word from an insider, how would Apple know what to patch?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    That is an interesting comment. How do you, or how do you figure that? Unless Apple got word from an insider, how would Apple know what to patch?
    Why you think apple hires all this hackers for?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They actively test their software to try and find holes...like most software developers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camo2284 View Post
    That still does not mean that is the reason for an update with only small fixes. This all just speculation anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

They must know something because ever new apple release most of the time the jailbreak is broken and were stuck waiting. If they don't have a insider they do more looking into things then most of us think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    They actively test their software to try and find holes...like most software developers.
    I know that. I am studying to be a software engineer. What the other user was stating is something else. The other user is stating that they are patching exploits. I am saying we dont know what they are doing.

Thanks

New lockscreen music controls > jailbreak. 6.1 for lyfe

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like jailbreaking is apart of the past! ;(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    I am really starting to feel like JB'ing is. That really makes me kind of sad. I have enjoyed Jailbreaking my phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think that iOS 6.1 will be the last hoorah for iPhone 3GS owners. I feel that when Apple releases 6.2 and possibly adds features to it, we will be excluded from all the Reindeer games. Time to score that 4S on Craigslist!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    I've managed to jailbreak almost every iOS release I've thrown at my device (3GS). Not sure how the iPhone 5 crowd is fairing but they say that beta is only intended for developers.

I only imagine that Apple has the top iOS developers on board since it invented the platform. Unless you're suggesting Apple surfs the tech blogs and only writes fixes when someone ******* about them online. That'd make for a horrible business model...
    Last edited by methamp; 12-17-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camo2284 View Post
    Of course, but you still can't assume they are patching planet beings exploits

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    ^^ apple strikes again with a bs update.
    There are some new features: What’s new in iOS 6.1 beta: Maps bugs reporting, lockscreen music, more | 9to5Mac

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am really starting to feel like JB'ing is. That really makes me kind of sad. I have enjoyed Jailbreaking my phones.
    I read online the other day a statement about that, we haven't heard anything, but here's a thought. Within the last couple weeks @chpwn (grant paul) has updated many of his tweaks to iOS 6 compatability, why now? Why not when iOS 6 was released? Why update with support if the jailbreak isn't progressing? Remember he was the first to fail break 6, so he could've done it then. But he chose now, something has to be up otherwise he wouldn't worry about support for tethered a4 devices and 3GS. As well as other devices.