+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FREE Streaming Movies & Live TV to iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yo Guys, Been checking iPhone-related news stories daily, and have a few interesting items. I found this story about a web site that streams live TV & movies for iPhone.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default FREE Streaming Movies & Live TV to iPhone
    Yo Guys,

Been checking iPhone-related news stories daily, and have a few interesting items. I found this story about a web site that streams live TV & movies for iPhone. I just watched the beginning of "Night of the Living Dead" (complete with Spanish subtitles) and it loaded quickly and played smoothly. The site also and offers downloads of movies and shows as well, but of course the streaming requires no huge usage of memory/storage on your phone. Check it out...

Web Site: http://www.iphonewi-fitv.com/

Article:http://www.marketwire.com/2.0/release.do?id=751900

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Hmm. all the links at the bottom seem to not work for me, and the developer needs to code the site for a 100% width, not a set width - its coming up really small on the iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hmm. all the links at the bottom seem to not work for me, and the developer needs to code the site for a 100% width, not a set width - its coming up really small on the iPhone.
    Yes, that's all true. The article mentions that the site just launched, and it's due to be fully functional in August. For now, the 5 full movie sample links at the top do work. I'm watching some cheesy calssic "Journey to the Center of Time".

The goal will be free movies, TV shows, and Live TV channels with advertisements beforehand, just like trailers and commercials at a movie theatre. Downloads will be offered as well. I'm sure they won't be the only site to do this. It's an interesting time for the iPhone, with so many apps & new features coming soon or just being conceived of now.

The site doesn't totally rock, but the idea does and it's cool to see a full-length movie streamed smoothly on the iPhone.

BTW, thanks for the BeeJive link. I used that now and tested FlickIM as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

antiflash (07-25-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericshunn View Post
    the best site I know of is
    http://3click.tv streaming tv to iPhone
    There is 8500 episodes of television here COMPLETE SEASONS of shows like 24 lost heroes streaming directly into iPhone (or Mac and PC) Its not a site full of reidrects and junk, this is for real, Like adding a HUGE TiVo to your iPhone., its new and you can try it for free... no ads- no bs- just thousands of hours of premium television.
    Available in the USA Canada Europe UK and Australia

enjoy!
    too expensive for occasional tv watching. i can get all the movie channels on my cable for $15/month. i can't see how anyone could watch enough tv on their iphone to justify that price.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

How can I watch this. What do I have to do ? Open up Safari, and load this website or what ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericshunn View Post
    the best site I know of is
    http://3click.tv streaming tv to iPhone
    There is 8500 episodes of television here COMPLETE SEASONS of shows like 24 lost heroes streaming directly into iPhone (or Mac and PC) Its not a site full of reidrects and junk, this is for real, Like adding a HUGE TiVo to your iPhone., its new and you can try it for free... no ads- no bs- just thousands of hours of premium television.
    Available in the USA Canada Europe UK and Australia

enjoy!
    you cannot try it for free. you can try it if you give them a contract to pay them if you dont cancel in 24hrs. That is not free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

3Click.tv is unbelievable...I just wish my iPhone would stop having issues with it

Thanks

iphone wi-fi tv or 3click.tv, none is good as we think....
    i just hope youtube can develope such live streaming for us
    the only hope....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And that kind of service will probably be available in the near future and I gather it won't be free but hey most of the good things in life aren't free anyway, but if they are, great, more power to the people.

Green Apple
    facebook's hottest girls @ www.dailycreeper.com
    Thanks
    not bad... still cant get myself to pay for it though.

Thanks

3click.tv seems to no longer work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

get a slingbox, call it a day. It works always, wherever you are and gets all the channels you subscribe to.

it streams your home cable over the intenet and you can watch on a laptop, or if you buy the app from the appstore, you can watch on your iphone.

Its awesome cause you can see your tv guide, set shows to record, watch recorded shows, everything.

Also if someone is at home, you can change the channel on them and they'll never know it was you!!

Little pricey, $180 for the sling, $30 for the app, but worth every penny I spent!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddoko View Post
    3click.tv seems to no longer work.
    Yah I tried it and not working. must be the geographic thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have installed TV capture card in my computer and how can i stream live TV on my ipod touch via TV capture card over WiFi ?
    Please guide

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeraBite View Post
    I have installed TV capture card in my computer and how can i stream live TV on my ipod touch via TV capture card over WiFi ?
    Please guide

You can't. Capture cards are for capturing what's going on your TV and recording it to your computer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneguy. For This Useful Post:

Mission12 (05-07-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy. View Post
    You can't. Capture cards are for capturing what's going on your TV and recording it to your computer.
    Thanks...so wich one is the best application to stream live/recorded channels on ipod touch ?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeraBite For This Useful Post:

apilak26 (01-23-2011), Fazalasif (10-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iphone / itouch streaming
    I'm going to asume by capture card you mean cable card or tuner card. So if I had to pick I'd say "orb.com" (and the iPhone app "orblive". By the way - Orb has a free version "orblivefree". You might want to give that a shot first. The orb download (for windows) has the codecs you may need but if something is missing goto the orb forums. Another note on Orb, I had windows 7 for about a year and could never get it to work right with 7. I asume it's fixed now but I went back to Vista and went back to orb 2.49 and now it all works again. I still don't understand 2.50 and every question I sent them I didn't even get a responce. The apps (orblive and orb.com ) are good. I've been using Orb on the road because the stream can be turned all the way to I think 50 or 55kbs. Not great video but at 120kbs I easily stream to my iPhone on an edge network. I have a slingbox as well and I use it at home more. I got plenty of bandwidth at home (da)..
    only buy the 9,99 version. the others for 4.99 are the same as the 9.99 version except worse. Thanks for giving me the heads up Orb. Still pissed.
    ps- you need to decide how to use it. If its on your main computer is it allways on? Do you need to sign in before it starts up? Is you wife going to play quake at home over powering your computer and your sol?
    sorry just my 3 cents.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where is the movies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Orb.com is for your own tv and movies. If your looking for movies or streaming content I'd search for "streaming tv" or similar on iTunes. My favorite is Justin.tv . I'd sign up with Jtv and go there on your PC to set up you favorites. Check out the entertainment section. Makes it easier later to access good channels. I'd also goto Jtv at different times to see the top channels.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good