+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You Can Use Siri to Get Directions in the Google Maps App, Here's How

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Doesn't work for me. I have Google Maps and TomTom installed as well. Siri goes directly to TomTom every time.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Doesn't work for me. I have Google Maps and TomTom installed as well. Siri goes directly to TomTom every time.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jot9011 View Post
    Are you on iOS 5?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't get it? I have iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 (CDMA), the new google maps gives you turn by turn without Siri. It still gives you the turn by turn when the phone is locked and also gives you a notification on the lock screen with current turn. I tried to use apple maps today to search a restaurant and it skipped the closest one and was going to make me drive an extra 20. Search the exact same damn thing in google maps and it gives me the nearest place. And twice now it has taken me to a non-existent McDonald's. my office is 3 streets off(give or take a mile and a half. If anything iOS 6.2 needs to reintegrate google maps. Cook is sinking apple faster than bolt runs the 100 meter. On another note for those of you not running a Siri enabled device, aloud will also give you turn by turn voice directions, this tweak was out way before crapple maps. Apple maps feels like a blackberry in my hand. Also aloud will not work on iOS 6 and he won't update it.
    Last edited by icedming; 12-18-2012 at 08:06 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12