+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Revives Application Gifting for iOS App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It has been missing from the App Store since the launch of iOS 6, but it's missing no longer. Apple has brought back the ability to gift applications from the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default Apple Revives Application Gifting for iOS App Store

It has been missing from the App Store since the launch of iOS 6, but it's missing no longer. Apple has brought back the ability to gift applications from the iOS App Store. Apple has updated the share sheet for iOS 6 users to show the new Gift button shown above when the user taps on the share button on the top right of the display.

Interestingly, Apple was able to do this without any kind of software update. iOS 5 users and below have had this feature already.

When you tap on the gift button, you’ll be brought to the following interface so that you can choose the person you want to send the application to. It uses the person’s e-mail to find them, so you’ll need to know the e-mail of the person you want to send the application to. You can also add a personalized message to go with it, such as "Merry Christmas!"

After you’ve personalized the message, you can then choose when you want the application to be gifted. You can choose between gifting the application as soon as you fill everything out, or you can choose a time period within 90 days in the future. This time frame option is great for holidays and Birthdays, because you can schedule the gift and the person will receive it on the special day of your choice.

The news comes just in time for the holidays, as people can now send application gifts to other people as presents. The holidays are well within the 90-day schedule limit, so it would be a great time to try out the scheduling feature.

Sources: 9to5Mac

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

But we can no longer gift with just iTunes credit. That's so stupid!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    But we can no longer gift with just iTunes credit. That's so stupid!
    Because of that i left them ... Its my money i wanna use it for gifting.
    I don't want my CC listed on the phone for random miss haps to happen.
    Its saver to just have a GiftCardCredit.
    iPhone 4 Unlocked on T-Mobile | Motorola Verizon Razr M on T-Mobile | iPhone 5 Confused