+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey: Half of All Shoppers in Market for Smartphone Will Buy iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Survey: Half of All Shoppers in Market for Smartphone Will Buy iPhone 5

Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster is at it again. The perpetual Apple watcher conducted a new survey involving some 800 U.S. shoppers in the market for a new smartphone. As it turns out, the findings of the survey come as great news for Apple.

In the survey, Munster asked participants which smartphone they were most likely to purchase in the next three months. The options included a device powered by Google's Android, a phone based on Microsoft's Windows Phone, a Research in Motion BlackBerry, and Apple's iPhone 5.

Munster, who retains an overweight rating on AAPL with a $900 price target (almost $400 higher than today's share price), says the results of his latest patented survey clearly indicate that consumer demand for the iPhone 5 “remains strong.”

"Strong" is definitely an appropriate word. The survey showed 53.3% of respondents will buy the iPhone 5, which is up from 47.7% in the same survey conducted last September.

Source: Barron's

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

I wish I could believe what was on the Internet. Didn't everyone here have a huge argument because android and google are kicking the iPhones ***? But 800 or so people get a choice but they want iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    a device powered by Google's Android, a phone based on Microsoft's Windows Phone, a Research in Motion BlackBerry, and Apple's iPhone 5.
    Not very specific... he could have referred to a low end HTC or Nokia.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Not very specific... he could have referred to a low end HTC or Nokia.
    I think I semi-agree with you...

A regular consumer isn't gonna know all the names for these Android devices that are out. To them, a Nexus, a Galaxy Tab, and a Note could all be the same thing. iPhone 5 is the only one that has a recognizable name which makes it easier to pick from that list.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I wish I could believe what was on the Internet. Didn't everyone here have a huge argument because android and google are kicking the iPhones ***? But 800 or so people get a choice but they want iPhone.
    they forget to included in title that..they asked 800 apple users..if they were to buy a smartphone would they buy an iphone5..

Thanks

I've always wondered why there's so much iHate on an apple forum...? Maybe cause the people who post are not average consumers..? Can anyone explain this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    I've always wondered why there's so much iHate on an apple forum...? Maybe cause the people who post are not average consumers..? Can anyone explain this?
    It's not "iHATE", we just aren't mindless Apple followers. We are Apple fans by all means but it doesn't mean that we will convince ourselves that they are the absolute best at everything they do and that anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot. I'm well aware that Apple is losing its touch lately - my brother has an SG3 and it's a very good phone, I still prefer my iPhone 4S but the margin in closing with each release and the competition is much more intensive. Nevertheless, if I were to finally transition to a rival phone and OS I'd still use this forum as frequently as I do now, I just love Apple as a company.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess , i am a average consumer and the only smartphone i knew was iPhone and therefore i went for it. I came to know more about other smartphones, only after i bought iPhone. But then, no regrets !