Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Maps for iOS Officially Available in the App Store

Thanks
    I guess I'm one of the few that never had any problems with Apple Maps. The only thing I missed was the street view, which was basically just a novelty. The new Google Maps doesn't even integrate with the contact list nor does it offer any sort of voice control. I'm not impressed and will stick with Apple Maps.

Not sure if it's just me but using Apple maps on my iPad and Google Maps app on my iPad Apple maps had more a less my whole city cached compared to the Google Maps app which had zilch and as a result was completely unusable offline...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Not so fast..
    Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    This was well played by Google. Deny Apple the improvements they requested, then after consumer complaint, add those same improvements and come out looking clean. Some will call it shady business, others will call it brilliant. Either way Google came out on top here.

I still contend that when I got the chance to use it, Apple Maps worked fine. But at the moment, Google has the superior product. Hats off to em
    Google may have come out on top here, but Apple will also benefit. Those holding out on buying an iPhone due to the bad (but true) map rumors now have their missing puzzle piece and incentive to go buy. Even though apple lost this battle, they are still winning the war.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    For street press where you want to see street view. When you see the drop pin an address will appear at the bottom. Click the address and you can select street view there.
    Thank you for providing the first answer that actually helped.
    Certainly not the most intuitive interface but it works. Accelerometer/ compass support in the street view is interesting but useless

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbaturin View Post
    Google may have come out on top here, but Apple will also benefit. Those holding out on buying an iPhone due to the bad (but true) map rumors now have their missing puzzle piece and incentive to go buy. Even though apple lost this battle, they are still winning the war.
    True, very true

anyone knows a way to install google maps on ios5.0.1?

This Google Maps is INSANELY GOOD! From the moment I opened it to test a turn by turn everything was placed exactly where I expected. Even though completely different than their orig Apple version - it is so intuitive to use. Every button you see takes you to next logical step. It predicts addresses you're looking for whether you've ever searched it before or not. But if you look up something at home on Google it's loaded and ready to go on ur phone when u get in the car. The voice speaks in a very pleasing relaxed natural tone. Easy to hear in car noise.

If you have AT&T Navigator for $9 a month.. Get rid of it. Waste of $.. This is better and free.

Nice job, Google!! And good for u, Apple, to not fight this. People will actually be swayed from Android simply by this app - exclusive to iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    anyone knows a way to install google maps on ios5.0.1?
    It may not work.. But there's the old trick of changing the SystemVersion.plist from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 to download it. It's always worked for me just fine. But I'm making all disclaimers here. It could just as easily brick your phone. So don't blame me. Try at ur own risk. Again it's always been successful for me.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-13-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123