Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Samsung Ad Pokes Fun at Apple's Map Fiasco in Australia

Thanks

Default New Samsung Ad Pokes Fun at Apple's Map Fiasco in Australia

For those of you who have been following Samsung’s advertising campaigns, you already know that the South Korean manufacturer has no problem ragging on Apple. Their newest advertising move is no different as the company has put together an elaborate showcase in Australia that takes a jab at Apple over a recent Victoria police announcement which warned travelers against using iOS Maps to navigate to the city of Mildura.

Although it wasn’t as produced as the company’s usual anti-Apple television campaigns, Samsung’s newest effort which was originally spotted by CNET Australia can be considered more of an installation than a traditional ad as it involves a number of set pieces including an SUV. As seen in the picture, the whole premise is aimed at Apple’s latest mapping fiasco with what CNET Australia calls a “rather lost looking four-wheel drive” next to a sign that reads, “Oops, Should have got a Samsung Galaxy S III. Get navigation you can trust.”

The whole ad comes shortly after police in Victoria issued a release on its website saying that a number of motorists had become stranded in the remote regions of a national park due to incorrect information provided by Apple’s Maps app. The problem was fixed within hours and while official word has been given as to the source of the erroneous data, The Guardian speculates the cause was a double listing for Mildura in the Australian Gazetteer.

Smartphone mapping apps have come under increasing scrutiny as the proliferation of connected mobile devices extends even wider. Earlier on Wednesday, the Australian police in the town of Colac voiced concern over issues with Google Maps, which reportedly directed drivers down a one-way road not intended for heavy traffic. Much like any technology, GPS-based navigation solutions are prone to have bugs and mistakes and users should always take caution when taking advice regardless of its manufacturer.

Source: CNET Australia, The Guardian

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Oh my god, Samsung is so unprofessional, first they steal apple ideal of UI and phone design concept. Now they dare to make fun of apple in their ads. Making themselves to look like a crown

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by centori View Post
    Oh my god, Samsung is so unprofessional, first they steal apple ideal of UI and phone design concept. Now they dare to make fun of apple in their ads. Making themselves to look like a crown
    I know, the audacity of Samsung to make fun of a competitor! Apple would never do that. What a bunch of crowns

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You people have no sense of humor. Samsung is having its usual jab at Apple.
    Cry moar, plz.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Oops! By you stealing others designs/ideas your devices got banned!

Typo I last paragraph it's suppose to b apple maps not google maps

it's funny how people bash samsung yet apple does worst at times.lol

if I really want maps i will buy a good GPS not a samsung
    Big deal, now thanks to google the issue with apple maps is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I know, the audacity of Samsung to make fun of a competitor! Apple would never do that. What a bunch of crowns
    What about Mac vs PC commercials? That is making fun of PC.

Typical Apple iDrone.

Maybe off topic but still

Young Sohn admitted his personal preference for Apple's tightly connected ecosystem in an interview with MIT Technology Review, published on Thursday. Sohn began working as president and chief strategy officer at Samsung in August out of Silicon Valley in California.

Sohn acknowledged that Apple is a "very innovative company," and noted that Apple is a customer of Samsung's as well as a fierce competitor. He said he's always used a Mac, along with an iPhone and an iPad, because Apple's ecosystem is "sticky," making it convenient to buy in to the company's product lineup.

The Samsung executive said he believes customers are even more drawn to Apple's ecosystem, with services like iCloud, than they are to the products themselves. He said the Galaxy Nexus is a "better phone" than the iPhone, but added that the "connected ecosystem is really critical."

Taken from an article in apple insider

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    What about Mac vs PC commercials? That is making fun of PC.

Typical Apple iDrone.
    Check your sarcasm detector, its clearly broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    You people have no sense of humor. Samsung is having its usual jab at Apple.
    Cry moar, plz.
    +1 to that. I think it's hilarious!

Hmmmm should I believe the big green sign that says Mildura is this way or believe the GPS that says to go down the scary dirt road? Screw it lets go down the dirt road!

Hang on a minute, I wanna compare Apple's maps app to Samsung's...

Oh yeah, that's right, Samsung doesn't have a maps app! WTF are they complaining about??

Pathetic!! The only thing Samsung has done software-wise is take Google's Android and screw it up with TouchFiz.So who are they to talk smack?

Put up or shut up, Sammy, make your own OS and sell 100 million+ devices. Then I'll listen.
    Last edited by fleurya; 12-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Did apple already fix the mildura issue? It's right where it's supposed to b when I search on apple maps

I'd attach a screenshot but its saying I don't have permission to perform that action...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Did apple already fix the mildura issue? It's right where it's supposed to b when I search on apple maps

I'd attach a screenshot but its saying I don't have permission to perform that action...
    They fixed it shortly after the announcment came out.