+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Schmidt: Android is Winning The War Against Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Cowboy jOnGarrent fandroid dude or not has some valid points. When comparing straight out of the box android OS to iOS. The problem is when you mix
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    jOnGarrent fandroid dude or not has some valid points. When comparing straight out of the box android OS to iOS. The problem is when you mix software with Hardware features like NFC.
    I am a huge apple guy but I will also be the first to admit phones like the S3 and one X+ have apple beat in hardware and have some really great software features I wish iOS had.

Androids are marketed as media devices. (Big screens, 1080p, cameras that do more the a slr, and excellent audio performance)
    Apple markets as an all around good phone. There isn't much apple is great at anymore when it comes to iOS or the iPhone but just like the computers it's not having the biggest and baddest machine it's about having some thing that works and works with your life style and I think apple is good at that. They sell phones to 4 year olds and 94 year olds and every where in between because of there simplicity.

Androids usually or sold to 16-36 year olds that do social networking and such. And they do that very well which is why they are gaining market share.

Now with that being said he is on apple site so no matter how much he validates
    and justifies he won't win and just making people argue and hate him.
    Now THIS is finally an intelligent post. Being able to see the good things about both devices and OS's and realizing each has its strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference as they are pretty comparable now. Or just get both

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    ... it only means people are buying cheap phones often when they have broken their main phone to tie then over
    I thought I had lost my iPhone5 at lunch today (found it later thankfully). While I was looking for it the thought of replacing it even temporarily with an android never crossed my mind. Only... I wonder how much a 4s is going for on Craigslist.
    So I think people are just cheap and go ahead and buy that cheap pos rather than the nice iPhone to begin with. Where are the figures on deactivation? Just because that many androids are activated doesn't necessarily mean that many more people are using them, just that they traded in a cheap phone for a slightly better cheap phone...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    -Can any one go in to Walmart and buy a android with $40? YES
    -Does android randomly freeze and power off? YES
    -Does android have a track record of extreme lag? YES
    -Does apple support their latest operating system on a phone from 2009? YES
    -Does apple stand behind their products? YES
    -Do apple phones hold their value longer then android? YES
    -Are apples displays superior in quality? YES
    -Do androids frequently fail receiving picture messages? YES
    -Did apple set the bar in the smart phone market? YES
    -Is apples OS more secure then android? YES
    -Are you a fandroid? YES
    Since you want to call a well known developers widget crappy I would like to see you develop something better. And yes I can launch apps with Siri which blows Samsung's cheap knock off S voice out of the water.
    Put A iphone 5 next to my HTC DNA and the iphone 5 will look like a $40 android.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm having a blast here it's like I'm back in primary school!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    Put A iphone 5 next to my HTC DNA and the iphone 5 will look like a $40 android.
    But an htc dna is already obsolete... 30 new android phones have come out since its release! How many iPhones have come out since I bought my iPhone 5? Why do people complain about apple products like they are immediately out of date after their purchase?
    (Comment not completely directed toward you cmay so no offense intended )

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    It is normal two win as Schmidt say, when your platform goes on all cheap smartphones on the market. Most of the Android phones are much more affordable, than iPhone. Bud here is not about winning is about what that smartphone does and a jailbreak iPhone does a lot more than any Android.
    You do realize Apple can easily sell the iPhone 4 at a lower cost for the prepaid. Also there are 3 iPhone models 4, 4S, 5. Priced at FREE, 99.00, & 199.00 and higher.
    No way Jailbreak does more than Android OS I own a iPhone 5, iPad 3, Nexus 7 and S3. Have been jailbreaking since the original iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Android claimed 72% in 2012. Well they should with the 50 different android devices they keep coming out with and when it breaks they buy another android and activate it
    Wait, they broke their Android device and bought another Android device. They must like Android...My iPhone 4 bit the dust, I bought a iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertydirect View Post
    He's making the wrong comparison... You can't compare the 200 different Android phones to 1 Apple. You would have to compare the sales of iPhone5 to Samsung SIII to get the correct figures.
    I really hate this kind of statement. Apple chooses to release 1 device per year, move old devices into new price structures. If iOS was the best OS and everyone wanted it, they would buy it. So it's not 1 device vs 50. It's iOS vs Android VS WP8 VS Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Can a Samsung galaxy s3 mini do that? NO
    and don't tell me that's a horrible comparison. Because a new 4" iPhone 5 compared to a 4" Samsung galaxy s3 mini is a good comparison if not then maybe Samsung shouldn't remake a smaller ****** phone. When apple makes a 4.8" screen then well talk.
    Actually that is a crappy comparison. No jailbreak, or rooted device is going to give you any hardware changes. Still have the same screen size, still have same amount of ram, etc...It might allow you to do other things with the current hardware, but the hardware stays the same.
    But the S3 mini can do all those things listed before hardware & not have to be rooted or jailbroke to do it.

It amazes me how defensive people get over a OS. I like both iOS and Android, They both suck, they both are great. I would much rather my iPhone have a 4.7" screen, easier for me to type on. I still like it (jailbroken would be better) but jailbreaking and rooting are the minority here. We are talking all iOS & all Android world wide. Bottom line Android does have it's faults, but it gives the end user the choice. That will always sell faster than my way or no way.
    I hate using a iPhone without BiteSMS. Android I can get it (chompSMS). I don't have to hack the phone to install it. That is 90% of the smartphone market non jailbreakers/rooters.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks

Android is winning the war
    for a given definition of winning
    and a given definition of war.
    YMMV - at the moment, mine does.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

To me iPhone apps are more polished than android apps. But anyway use what u like its a free world. Were not in north Korea!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

Norb (12-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    To me iPhone apps are more polished than android apps. But anyway use what u like its a free world. Were not in north Korea!!!
    How do you know what country people are in?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care how big the selection of Android phones there are I still prefer my iPhone 4S over them all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to regkilla For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (12-13-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    I don't care how big the selection of Android phones there are I still prefer my iPhone 4S over them all.
    +1

Thanks

Have not used any other than iPhone 3G lost. 4 got wet and drowned. Now the 5. Never touched any phone since 3G as was my first cell ever! All have worked perfect for me every time, even the new map in ip5. I live in Ontario Canada and am a delivery driver. Trust me it works do miss my JB

What was this topic about again. Market share good for Samsung. Rock on apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Android is winning until apple lets jailbreakers do their thing..

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Fair enough to android, but winning or losing I still prefer a iPhone I tried many android phone and I went back to iPhone, yes it has widgets that kills the battery and run the processor to the bone, people talk about ram and processor what you don't understand is android needs that to run, I had a htc one x played the same games ( well the one I could find in google play ) it didn't feel the same at all and I hated the lag. iOS might be minimalist but it's ok for me, I run games with amazing graphics on my iPhone 5 and ipad and can do a lot that I require, apps are great looking. So android is winning yaaaaaay great. iOS wins for ME. Freedom of choice.
    Last edited by fredHD; 12-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    He's right

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 186 Posts

People, calm down. What apple is doing is pushing forward a more polished, professional phone for those who choose to use it. Apple didn't make it for you to jailbreak it, and if you did buy it just to jailbreak it, then you are wrong. These two companies have different strategies, and Schmidt is doing the wrong thing, trying to compare the two.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kooris For This Useful Post:

fredHD (12-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooris View Post
    People, calm down. What apple is doing is pushing forward a more polished, professional phone for those who choose to use it. Apple didn't make it for you to jailbreak it, and if you did buy it just to jailbreak it, then you are wrong. These two companies have different strategies, and Schmidt is doing the wrong thing, trying to compare the two.
    This exactly... use what you like and what suites you.

I also agree with the jailbreak part but I'm not sure if everyone is going to like you for saying that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you're wrong as well. you cant compare an S3 sales to an iPhone sales because there are other phones to choose from besides the 3S. if you want an accurate picture of what consumers want you have to compare Android to iOS. and Android is clearly the winner.
    Android is clearly the winner because its cheap and its available. Not because its better.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    It is normal two win as Schmidt say, when your platform goes on all cheap smartphones on the market. Most of the Android phones are much more affordable, than iPhone. Bud here is not about winning is about what that smartphone does and a jailbreak iPhone does a lot more than any Android.
    Uhhhh. They got a jailbreak out on that iPhone 5 yet. Thought not, as I haven't found it. I'm leaning towards going back to an Android device as the only time the iPhone is really useful is when it is jailbroke.

Quote Originally Posted by angel_92701 View Post
    im sorry choice of what. specify choice. if the iphone 5 can be jailbreak now android won't stand a chance , but still iPhone it more stable then android. its like apple an microsoft. any one can make programs for windows. but apple not and that why apple hardly crash. unlike windows.
    I beep hearing this "stability" line. Had to restart my iPhone because the only thing that would respond when it froze typing an email was the wonderful Siri. They all will have a problem at some time or another.
    Last edited by Tperry; 12-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Uhhhh. They got a jailbreak out on that iPhone 5 yet. Thought not, as I haven't found it. I'm leaning towards going back to an Android device as the only time the iPhone is really useful is when it is jailbroke.
    What do you do with a " mobile phone " that a iPhone don't do ? Watch film ? Yeah you got a big screen, but I'd rather watch a film on my 100 inch screen it won't kill my battery, you have widgets mmm pretty pretty but I touch a icon and I'm in the app no big deal, you have super processors yeah tell me how it feels in 6 months, u ever use NFC ? Come on people be serious.