+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Schmidt: Android is Winning The War Against Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey Norb, maybe you wanna read a few comments before his so you don't look like an a?! Flaming a person when you don't understand what or why they are
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey Norb, maybe you wanna read a few comments before his so you don't look like an a?! Flaming a person when you don't understand what or why they are saying what they say.

Just remember some of those "junk" pcs are still running today, in a usefull way. How many mid 90s macs are?
    Last edited by oddphone20; 12-12-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    a jailbroken iPhone does a lot more than any Android? really? can a JB iPhone

- beam content to another iPhone by just taping the two together? NO
    - use voice commands to operate the phone? voice commands, not talking about voice dictation. NO
    - run widgets? real widgets--from the apps you have installed (not limited to somebody's 3rd party crappy widget) NO
    - share any file of any type with just one tap? NO
    - drag and drop files....like say music and then use those files? NO

give you; a larger screen, expandable memory, HDMI ports, USB ports, 5.1 dolby surround sound, NFC, 720p or 1080p displays? quad core processors or 2GB RAM?

the fact that you have to even jailbreak an iPhone just to get simple and basic features of stock Android speaks volumes as to why iOS is inferior to Android when it comes to sheer useability and user experience.
    Can a Samsung galaxy s3 mini do that? NO
    and don't tell me that's a horrible comparison. Because a new 4" iPhone 5 compared to a 4" Samsung galaxy s3 mini is a good comparison if not then maybe Samsung shouldn't remake a smaller ****** phone. When apple makes a 4.8" screen then well talk.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My last two comments were glumped together and have nothing to do with each other.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

- use voice commands to operate the phone? voice commands, not talking about voice dictation. NO
    - run widgets? real widgets--from the apps you have installed (not limited to somebody's 3rd party crappy widget) NO

give you; a larger screen, expandable memory, HDMI ports, USB ports, 5.1 dolby surround sound, NFC, 720p or 1080p displays? quad core processors or 2GB RAM?

the fact that you have to even jailbreak an iPhone just to get simple and basic features of stock Android speaks volumes as to why iOS is inferior to Android when it comes to sheer useability and user experience.
    -Can any one go in to Walmart and buy a android with $40? YES
    -Does android randomly freeze and power off? YES
    -Does android have a track record of extreme lag? YES
    -Does apple support their latest operating system on a phone from 2009? YES
    -Does apple stand behind their products? YES
    -Do apple phones hold their value longer then android? YES
    -Are apples displays superior in quality? YES
    -Do androids frequently fail receiving picture messages? YES
    -Did apple set the bar in the smart phone market? YES
    -Is apples OS more secure then android? YES
    -Are you a fandroid? YES
    Since you want to call a well known developers widget crappy I would like to see you develop something better. And yes I can launch apps with Siri which blows Samsung's cheap knock off S voice out of the water.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Italia411 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (12-12-2012), Norb (12-12-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

He is right of course. If winning means more devices. Who is making a profit though?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

- give you; a larger screen, expandable memory, HDMI ports, USB ports, 5.1 dolby surround sound, NFC, 720p or 1080p displays? quad core processors or 2GB RAM?

- beam content to another iPhone by just taping the two together? NO - YES
    - use voice commands to operate the phone? voice commands, not talking about voice dictation. NO - YES
    - run widgets? real widgets--from the apps you have installed (not limited to somebody's 3rd party crappy widget) NO - YES
    - drag and drop files....like say music and then use those files? NO - YES
    - give you; a larger screen, expandable memory, HDMI ports, USB ports, 5.1 dolby surround sound, NFC, 720p or 1080p displays? quad core processors or 2GB RAM? - Sadly NO - Since these are mostly hardware related. Hey at least we can have lighted logo mods on the back of jailbroken iP4/4s ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I've always been an Apple supporter but YES I have gotten fed up with certain things. As for your remark, reread the title of the article. Did you not think this debate would take place?it's common sense. And the guy has a point. Unfortunately pretty much everything he's saying is true. I've personally never used an android but if those facts are 100% then it's no wonder Android is and probably will surpass apples BS they've been feeding us the past few years (especially since the 4S and iOS 5 release).
    I can guarantee that IF a jb is not found for the iPhone 5 in the next few months then I'm over Apple and I guess will be going to a rooted Android (not that apple cares).
    I've been fed up with certain things about Apple... but guess what, I don't waste my time a forum i have no interest with arguing with people I don't agree with. There are plenty of things I don't like about Apple so I just vote with my money. However, that dude is on every thread... he needs a life... who spends that much time around things they don't like that much?

Quote Originally Posted by oddphone20 View Post
    Hey Norb, maybe you wanna read a few comments before his so you don't look like an a?! Flaming a person when you don't understand what or why they are saying what they say.

Just remember some of those "junk" pcs are still running today, in a usefull way. How many mid 90s macs are?
    Hey guess what... I run windows 8 on my main home PC (and zomg I actually like it). I run a VMWARE ESXi server with windows 7, freebsd based NAS and macos and they all have a purpose. I have a macbook air and an iPhone 5 and my media center front end is a linux box with XBMC. Notice the pattern there? I use what I like and could give a **** about what you think is better, I might try it but if I don't like it I don't like it. I'm not going to go to the Linux forum and tell them they are all bunch of morons and should get on windows asap because it has the highest market share. Sorry he needs to get a life... the end.
    Last edited by Norb; 12-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

KraXik (12-12-2012)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    You're so cute when you try to prove your phone is better instead of actually just being content with what you have. Don't worry once you prove to everyone why you were right about android all this time, you're life will be totally different, things will get so much better for you. Just keep it up you are almost there and you are doing great proving points that are meaningless.
    you're so cute trying to defend a brand and a company that cares nothing about you. I have owned and still own apple devices--Android works much better for me.

as for you, you go ahead and keep thinking that the apple brand validates your social status.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (12-13-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You can have that substandard crap!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Whaaa!?
    Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    It is normal two win as Schmidt say, when your platform goes on all cheap smartphones on the market. Most of the Android phones are much more affordable, than iPhone. Bud here is not about winning is about what that smartphone does and a jailbreak iPhone does a lot more than any Android.
    You must be high

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6309phone View Post
    He is right of course. If winning means more devices. Who is making a profit though?
    certainly not you. apple gives you the iPhone 5 (with its many problems) and you run out and buy it. then a few months later apple offers you the iPhone 5S which includes a few features they intentionally withheld from the iPhone 5 and guess what? feeling inferior, you run out and but the 5S.

essentially, apple sells you the same device making themselves richer and you poorer AND looking towards the iPhone 6 just 3 weeks after you bought the 5S.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (12-13-2012)

Thanks

you're so cute trying to defend a brand and a company that cares nothing about you. I have owned and still own apple devices--Android works much better for me.

as for you, you go ahead and keep thinking that the apple brand validates your social status.
    I'm not the one trying to validate myself for using what I use and I'm far from owning all Apple products. I simply use what I like and what fits my purpose. I think you might be mistaking me for those people at starbucks surfing the internet on their Mac and constantly looking to see if anyone is looking at them. There are dumb people in every bunch and unfortunately those are the most visible... I mean look at you... you make the Android community look bad and I actually think it's a great OS.

Look at your sig... your an effing fanboy... at least my sig would have most than two os's and brands (or one brand because I would not be s surprised if your desktop is a Samsung as well).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thank You

Finally, some one with an intelligent post! If Apple slapped their logo on a turd, iPhone user's would still swear it does more than Android.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kyle1503 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (12-13-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oddphone20 View Post

If you're "junk" comment was directed at me, I never said the PCs were "junk". I said there were very few that were manufactured with a high build quality. I said that most low-end Android phones, the go-phone variety, are junk. And I stand by that. Heck, even some of the more expensive ones are junk.

I'm an IT tech in an accounting firm and have plenty of experience with both iDevices and Android devices. And in my experience a lot of the Droid devices are straight-up junk. And I have seen migration FROM Android devices TO iDevices at a 3 to 1 clip, so it isn't just me. People bring their phones to work and they do compare them. And a lot of Android users have found their performance to be lacking.

I even have one user that had an iPhone but when time came for his upgrade he bought one of those ginormous Galaxy Note atrocities (seriously people, if you want an f-ing tablet, get a tablet ... it's like holding an iPad mini up to your face for God's sake). After about a week into it he returned it and got an iPhone 5. He said it was laggy, apps would crash with an error message that it has stopped working and he'd have to reboot to open it again, etc. All the horror stories you've heard about Android, basically.

We are at about 75% saturation with iDevices in my firm. I actively push people towards it and have yet to have a user tell me they were unhappy after switching.

I for one am not threatened by Android or it's growth in the marketplace. There has to be competition ... that is what drives development and innovation. It just happens that I think the Android OS is inferior and I KNOW their hardware is.

Oh, and that whole "Can you touch your phones together to share files" is a very week argument. First, I don't want my phone to have to have butt-sex with your phone in order to share a file. And second, iOS has had "Bump" for a long time.

Also, the whole "watch it on your TV" Android advertising is misleading ... it has to be a certain TV, not just any. And my AppleTV does the same thing, only cost $99, and is portable.

Lastly, the commercials advertising the photo share feature on Android need to go away. Psssst ... Samsung ... iOS has Photo Streams. It's not exclusive to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1503 View Post
    Finally, some one with an intelligent post! If Apple slapped their logo on a turd, iPhone user's would still swear it does more than Android.
    Then again on the other side of the spectrum, if you could get Android running on a turd there would be user's buying and using it (free after rebate of course).

Thanks

You go, girl!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    -Can any one go in to Walmart and buy a android with $40? YES
    -Does android randomly freeze and power off? YES
    -Does android have a track record of extreme lag? YES
    -Does apple support their latest operating system on a phone from 2009? YES
    -Does apple stand behind their products? YES
    -Do apple phones hold their value longer then android? YES
    -Are apples displays superior in quality? YES
    -Do androids frequently fail receiving picture messages? YES
    -Did apple set the bar in the smart phone market? YES
    -Is apples OS more secure then android? YES
    -Are you a fandroid? YES
    Since you want to call a well known developers widget crappy I would like to see you develop something better. And yes I can launch apps with Siri which blows Samsung's cheap knock off S voice out of the water.
    - so what if you can buy a $40 Android., I can also buy a 99 cents iPhone so whats your point? not every needs or wants a feature phone.
    - none of my Android's freeze, reboots or powers off. here you go repeating what you heard in 2010. stop the BS.
    - extreme lag on an Android? yes if you buy one of those $40 Walmart specials you talked about. but thats not Android OS that's lagging, its the cheap phone you bought.
    - do you remember the fiasco of iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G? I do, so please.....stop the BS. how many iOS 6 users wish they could go back to iOS 5? millions.
    - what company do you know of that does NOT stand behind their product? apple released a phone with a faulty design and the antenna didn't work properly. they just released the iPhone 5 with no less than 10 MAJOR issues and they replaced a good map for an sh!tty one so yes, they should stand behind their products.
    - just checked Ebay, average price for a used S III is $100 more than retail so what's your point. stop the BS
    - superior display? see, you were doing OK up til now--now you're just being blatantly ignorant. every tech blogger (except those on apple sites) have confirmed over and over that a 720p Super AMOLED HD display destroys your non-HD "retina" stop the BS
    - fail receiving picture messages? WTF are you talking about? you're just making sh!t up. I tried 3 times just this morning to send an SMS from my iPhone 4 and it would not go through--that's an AT&T issue, not the phone.

does the iPhone 5 suffer from;

- iOS data bug
    - scrolling glitch: hardware flaw NOT software problem.
    - screen flicker: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lens flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - light bleed: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????

YES YES YES.

Thanks

- so what if you can buy a $40 Android., I can also buy a 99 cents iPhone so whats your point? not every needs or wants a feature phone.
    - none of my Android's freeze, reboots or powers off. here you go repeating what you heard in 2010. stop the BS.
    - extreme lag on an Android? yes if you buy one of those $40 Walmart specials you talked about. but thats not Android OS that's lagging, its the cheap phone you bought.
    - do you remember the fiasco of iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G? I do, so please.....stop the BS. how many iOS 6 users wish they could go back to iOS 5? millions.
    - what company do you know of that does NOT stand behind their product? apple released a phone with a faulty design and the antenna didn't work properly. they just released the iPhone 5 with no less than 10 MAJOR issues and they replaced a good map for an sh!tty one so yes, they should stand behind their products.
    - just checked Ebay, average price for a used S III is $100 more than retail so what's your point. stop the BS
    - superior display? see, you were doing OK up til now--now you're just being blatantly ignorant. every tech blogger (except those on apple sites) have confirmed over and over that a 720p Super AMOLED HD display destroys your non-HD "retina" stop the BS
    - fail receiving picture messages? WTF are you talking about? you're just making sh!t up. I tried 3 times just this morning to send an SMS from my iPhone 4 and it would not go through--that's an AT&T issue, not the phone.

does the iPhone 5 suffer from;

- iOS data bug
    - scrolling glitch: hardware flaw NOT software problem.
    - screen flicker: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lens flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - light bleed: hardware flaw NOT software problem
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
    iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
    iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
    iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????

YES YES YES.
    No really get a life...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

jOnGarrent fandroid dude or not has some valid points. When comparing straight out of the box android OS to iOS. The problem is when you mix software with Hardware features like NFC.
    I am a huge apple guy but I will also be the first to admit phones like the S3 and one X+ have apple beat in hardware and have some really great software features I wish iOS had.

Androids are marketed as media devices. (Big screens, 1080p, cameras that do more the a slr, and excellent audio performance)
    Apple markets as an all around good phone. There isn't much apple is great at anymore when it comes to iOS or the iPhone but just like the computers it's not having the biggest and baddest machine it's about having some thing that works and works with your life style and I think apple is good at that. They sell phones to 4 year olds and 94 year olds and every where in between because of there simplicity.

Androids usually or sold to 16-36 year olds that do social networking and such. And they do that very well which is why they are gaining market share.

Now with that being said he is on apple site so no matter how much he validates
    and justifies he won't win and just making people argue and hate him.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 12-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qwertydirect View Post
    He's making the wrong comparison... You can't compare the 200 different Android phones to 1 Apple. You would have to compare the sales of iPhone5 to Samsung SIII to get the correct figures.
    He's not making the wrong comparison at all. He is comparing operating systems, not phones. Google's Android is beating Apple's iOS; it's as simple as that.