Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-12-2012, 03:08 PM #21
Hey Norb, maybe you wanna read a few comments before his so you don't look like an a?! Flaming a person when you don't understand what or why they are saying what they say.
Just remember some of those "junk" pcs are still running today, in a usefull way. How many mid 90s macs are?
Last edited by oddphone20; 12-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM #22
and don't tell me that's a horrible comparison. Because a new 4" iPhone 5 compared to a 4" Samsung galaxy s3 mini is a good comparison if not then maybe Samsung shouldn't remake a smaller ****** phone. When apple makes a 4.8" screen then well talk.
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM #23
My last two comments were glumped together and have nothing to do with each other.
12-12-2012, 03:12 PM #24
-Does android randomly freeze and power off? YES
-Does android have a track record of extreme lag? YES
-Does apple support their latest operating system on a phone from 2009? YES
-Does apple stand behind their products? YES
-Do apple phones hold their value longer then android? YES
-Are apples displays superior in quality? YES
-Do androids frequently fail receiving picture messages? YES
-Did apple set the bar in the smart phone market? YES
-Is apples OS more secure then android? YES
-Are you a fandroid? YES
Since you want to call a well known developers widget crappy I would like to see you develop something better. And yes I can launch apps with Siri which blows Samsung's cheap knock off S voice out of the water.
12-12-2012, 03:14 PM #25
He is right of course. If winning means more devices. Who is making a profit though?
12-12-2012, 03:14 PM #26
- use voice commands to operate the phone? voice commands, not talking about voice dictation. NO - YES
- run widgets? real widgets--from the apps you have installed (not limited to somebody's 3rd party crappy widget) NO - YES
- share any file of any type with just one tap? NO
- drag and drop files....like say music and then use those files? NO - YES
- give you; a larger screen, expandable memory, HDMI ports, USB ports, 5.1 dolby surround sound, NFC, 720p or 1080p displays? quad core processors or 2GB RAM? - Sadly NO - Since these are mostly hardware related. Hey at least we can have lighted logo mods on the back of jailbroken iP4/4s ...
12-12-2012, 03:15 PM #27
Last edited by Norb; 12-12-2012 at 03:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:
12-12-2012, 03:34 PM #28
12-12-2012, 03:37 PM #29
You can have that substandard crap!
12-12-2012, 03:40 PM #30
12-12-2012, 03:42 PM #31
essentially, apple sells you the same device making themselves richer and you poorer AND looking towards the iPhone 6 just 3 weeks after you bought the 5S.
12-12-2012, 03:42 PM #32
Look at your sig... your an effing fanboy... at least my sig would have most than two os's and brands (or one brand because I would not be s surprised if your desktop is a Samsung as well).
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM #33
The Following User Says Thank You to kyle1503 For This Useful Post:
12-12-2012, 03:46 PM #34
I'm an IT tech in an accounting firm and have plenty of experience with both iDevices and Android devices. And in my experience a lot of the Droid devices are straight-up junk. And I have seen migration FROM Android devices TO iDevices at a 3 to 1 clip, so it isn't just me. People bring their phones to work and they do compare them. And a lot of Android users have found their performance to be lacking.
I even have one user that had an iPhone but when time came for his upgrade he bought one of those ginormous Galaxy Note atrocities (seriously people, if you want an f-ing tablet, get a tablet ... it's like holding an iPad mini up to your face for God's sake). After about a week into it he returned it and got an iPhone 5. He said it was laggy, apps would crash with an error message that it has stopped working and he'd have to reboot to open it again, etc. All the horror stories you've heard about Android, basically.
We are at about 75% saturation with iDevices in my firm. I actively push people towards it and have yet to have a user tell me they were unhappy after switching.
I for one am not threatened by Android or it's growth in the marketplace. There has to be competition ... that is what drives development and innovation. It just happens that I think the Android OS is inferior and I KNOW their hardware is.
Oh, and that whole "Can you touch your phones together to share files" is a very week argument. First, I don't want my phone to have to have butt-sex with your phone in order to share a file. And second, iOS has had "Bump" for a long time.
Also, the whole "watch it on your TV" Android advertising is misleading ... it has to be a certain TV, not just any. And my AppleTV does the same thing, only cost $99, and is portable.
Lastly, the commercials advertising the photo share feature on Android need to go away. Psssst ... Samsung ... iOS has Photo Streams. It's not exclusive to you.
12-12-2012, 03:47 PM #35
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM #36
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM #37
- none of my Android's freeze, reboots or powers off. here you go repeating what you heard in 2010. stop the BS.
- extreme lag on an Android? yes if you buy one of those $40 Walmart specials you talked about. but thats not Android OS that's lagging, its the cheap phone you bought.
- do you remember the fiasco of iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G? I do, so please.....stop the BS. how many iOS 6 users wish they could go back to iOS 5? millions.
- what company do you know of that does NOT stand behind their product? apple released a phone with a faulty design and the antenna didn't work properly. they just released the iPhone 5 with no less than 10 MAJOR issues and they replaced a good map for an sh!tty one so yes, they should stand behind their products.
- just checked Ebay, average price for a used S III is $100 more than retail so what's your point. stop the BS
- superior display? see, you were doing OK up til now--now you're just being blatantly ignorant. every tech blogger (except those on apple sites) have confirmed over and over that a 720p Super AMOLED HD display destroys your non-HD "retina" stop the BS
- fail receiving picture messages? WTF are you talking about? you're just making sh!t up. I tried 3 times just this morning to send an SMS from my iPhone 4 and it would not go through--that's an AT&T issue, not the phone.
does the iPhone 5 suffer from;
- iOS data bug
- scrolling glitch: hardware flaw NOT software problem.
- screen flicker: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- data leak
- maps not working
- wifi not working
- purple lens flare on camera
- siri not working on day one
- scratches and scuffs on the phones: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
- yellowish tint on display: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- light bleed: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
- still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
- incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
- incompatible with ALL of your accessories
iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint's HD Voice
iPhone 5 incompatible with Sprint and Verizon's simultaneous voice & web
iPhone 5 incompatible with all of your iOS accessories
iPhone 5 incompatible with.... ????
YES YES YES.
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM #38
12-12-2012, 04:02 PM #39
jOnGarrent fandroid dude or not has some valid points. When comparing straight out of the box android OS to iOS. The problem is when you mix software with Hardware features like NFC.
I am a huge apple guy but I will also be the first to admit phones like the S3 and one X+ have apple beat in hardware and have some really great software features I wish iOS had.
Androids are marketed as media devices. (Big screens, 1080p, cameras that do more the a slr, and excellent audio performance)
Apple markets as an all around good phone. There isn't much apple is great at anymore when it comes to iOS or the iPhone but just like the computers it's not having the biggest and baddest machine it's about having some thing that works and works with your life style and I think apple is good at that. They sell phones to 4 year olds and 94 year olds and every where in between because of there simplicity.
Androids usually or sold to 16-36 year olds that do social networking and such. And they do that very well which is why they are gaining market share.
Now with that being said he is on apple site so no matter how much he validates
and justifies he won't win and just making people argue and hate him.
12-12-2012, 04:03 PM #40