+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo! Releases Mail Version 1.0.1 for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you’re a Yahoo! Mail user, then you now have the option to download a free Yahoo! Mail application from the App Store to handle your Yahoo! Mail account. The
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Yahoo! Releases Mail Application for iOS

If you’re a Yahoo! Mail user, then you now have the option to download a free Yahoo! Mail application from the App Store to handle your Yahoo! Mail account. The application is purely for Yahoo! Mail and will not support any other E-mail accounts like Apple’s Mail application or the third party Sparrow E-mail client will.

Yahoo! Mail has been redesigned for the Web, and the appearance carries over to the iOS application. You can sign in with one of your existing Yahoo! Mail accounts (or create one to sign in with) and you can view your inbox in a single tap:

Like multiple other applications in the App Store, the Yahoo! Mail application has adopted the sidebar, which is accessed by tapping on the sidebar button at the top left of the screen. Users can tap on the button at the top right of the screen to compose a new message too – Yahoo! Mail for iOS even supports attachments.

Unread messages display a purple circle at the left of them, while messages that you have read will show nothing. Users will also be able to favorite messages to help distinguish the messages that are the most important from the average messages you just don't care about as much. All of your function buttons are found at the bottom of your display, including the delete button.

You'll also be happy to hear that the application supports the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G's four-inch display right out of the box and includes push notifications for your E-mail.

You can download the new Yahoo! Mail application for iOS from this link for free.

Sources: App Store via Yahoo! Corporate Blog
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-11-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks

you have to be on the latest firmware in order to install this app.... too bad i wanted to try it out

Thanks

I feel bad that I AM on the latest firmware and CAN test it out..trade ya?? :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

People still use yahoo mail?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfsethpatterson View Post
    People still use yahoo mail?
    People still use "people still use" jokes?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn sucks. Have to be on higher fw. Mark me another person that uses yahoo mail. I thought their was a cydia tweak around this letting you install programs on older os. Maybe it was a dream.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Damn sucks. Have to be on higher fw. Mark me another person that uses yahoo mail. I thought their was a cydia tweak around this letting you install programs on older os. Maybe it was a dream.
    It's done by editing a system .plist file, but not recommended because it can cause issues.