Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Brings 4G LTE to Four More Markets

Default AT&T Brings 4G LTE to Four More Markets

Continuing with the efforts to expand their 4G LTE coverage across the United States, AT&T has today opened their 4G LTE network to four more markets. 4G LTE gives users a hypothetical download speed of up to 100 megabits per second, although realistically, you may only see about 20-50, which still outperforms many home Wi-fi networks.

People in the following locations will now be able to connect to AT&Tís 4G LTE network using their iPhone 5, iPad with retina display, or other 4G LTE-capable smartphone or tablet to take advantage of the faster cellular data speeds:

• Wilkes-Barre, Penn.
    • Nashua, N.H.
    • Grand Rapids, Mich.
    • Auburn-Opelika, Ala.

AT&Tís 4G LTE network is not as large as Verizonís yet, however itís still way ahead of Sprint. AT&T also allows customers to drop back to 4G HSPA+, rather than 3G, when 4G LTE is no longer in range. Verizon and Sprint both only allow customers to drop back to 3G when 4G LTE is not in range.

Sources: AT&T via iMore

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Nope, Fresno CA but yet they did in Modesto which is only like 1/5 the pop (100k) people and less money. Also my area of Fresno alot of us have to use 3G Microcells to have signal but yet they have 2-3 towers that are degraded and are planned to be fix, but cant tell me if there fixing them to upgrade to 4G LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Ocala, Florida
    Really? I'm over here in the Middleburg/OrangPark/Jax area and AT&T's LTE is blazing fast. One day I will have an LTE capable iPhone.

Long Island New York awaiting for LTE
    pain & time and glory

Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
    Long Island New York awaiting for LTE
    Yup. Lindenhurst. Still waiting.

nope im in the rural area Verizon already has 4G in the area but im sure AT&T will get here in a year or so

I'm still waiting for 3G in some of the town around where I live :/

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Really? I'm over here in the Middleburg/OrangPark/Jax area and AT&T's LTE is blazing fast. One day I will have an LTE capable iPhone.
    My 5 flies here in Fleming Island! Now I just need a jailbreak!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lite4d For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (12-11-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anyone within 20 miles of Pismo, CA will soon be getting LTE. They are upgrading 60+ cell sites around the area. I'm with a private company that is surveying the sites for them as we speak, literally finishing one up right now.

Waiting for Hartford. They promised by EOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lite4d View Post
    My 5 flies here in Fleming Island! Now I just need a jailbreak!
    That's awesome. I just flew threw Fleming Island yesterday on my rode bike(bicycle).

And yes, I agree. That is why I never upgrade until the J/B is released. However, I was actually gonna pass on the ip5, but the way things are looking, if a J/B is ever released I may just upgrade because I can bet the next device will be even harder to J/B.

Blazing fast LTE here, gotta love Vegas.

Same here Long Island still waiting for LTE .. Was supposed to be done by years end. Joke as usual

I do have AT&T... How do i found if my speed is really 4G on here ( Jacksonville, Florida ). I can't tell.. LOL

WTF! We need this 💩 throughout ALL San Joaquin Valley!

Mobile got it a few months ago.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcwyatt View Post
    I do have AT&T... How do i found if my speed is really 4G on here ( Jacksonville, Florida ). I can't tell.. LOL
    Download Speedest app.

LTE in Tampa, FL

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Download Speedest app.

LTE in Tampa, FL
    The app is called and spelt, "Speed test."

Quote Originally Posted by bcwyatt View Post
    Look for the "LTE" next to AT&T instead of "4G", that will tell you what network you are connected to to.

I'm 10 min north of palm beach county in Florida and im on the borderline of getting it. if i drive 10 min south i have it.
    The Join date says enough!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast