+ Reply
Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We know. The iPhone 5 just came out. But that isn’t stopping Apple – at least not from an analyst’s point of view. According to an analyst by the name
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

We know. The iPhone 5 just came out. But that isn’t stopping Apple – at least not from an analyst’s point of view.

According to an analyst by the name of Peter Misek, the iPhone 5S is expected to arrive back on track for Apple’s usual iPhone release time – the middle of the year in June or July of 2013. For the most part, it would look a lot like the iPhone 5, however the analyst points out some new features the iPhone 5S would have that would set it apart from the iPhone 5:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Misek
    Based on our checks, likely updates include a new super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC. Possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage, and coming in 6 to 8 colors.
    For one, it is believed that the iPhone 5S would adopt the color lineup of the iPod touch 5G, bringing all kinds of colored anodized aluminum options to the iPhone for the first time, such as blue, yellow, red, and others on top of the white and black options. Colors are something that users have requested for a while, but at the time it just seemed strange to do with an iPhone. On the other hand, with all the younger hands getting their hands on an iPhone nowadays, it could be a good selling point.

Misek also sees the possibility of a 128GB storage option, which would offer the greatest amount of storage an iPhone has ever come with. Apple shattered the iPhone storage record in 2011 by offering a 64GB option with the iPhone 4S, so this is entirely possible. It would be plausible because media is growing in size with its higher quality, especially with the iPhone's latest 8-megapixel camera, which records video in full 1080p.

What else? – NFC technology is being brought up again as a possibility. It’s also pointed out that we might be seeing an IGZO display, which would increase the quality of the display. Apart from these changes, some other obvious changes that we've seen in nearly every iPhone release are also expected, such as a better battery and better camera.

Many people are probably going to want to wait out and see if Apple releases a redesigned iPhone after the iPhone 5S (if Apple even names it that) in order to put their money into newer technology that isn’t basically the same iPhone design with an internal hardware upgrade. Some, on the other hand, just won't be able to hold back their shopping habits.

Sources: MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Would take some getting used to to have yellow/red/blue iphone hah.
    Would be nice if it were 128GB option, would make sense they would make the 16GB offering a 32 instead.

Thanks
    128 GB....Really??
    It's amazing

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see possibly more storage and a couple different colors. However, until the screen gets wider, I will personally be passing it up. My eyesight sucks and I need a bigger screen. I'm holding out on getting a Samsung though. I can be patient.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm officially on the "S" train. I used to be a "first version buyer" but ever since I bought a 4S when they came out, I have decided to wait out the bugs and wait for better hardware of the "S" versions. I will probably get a 5S or whatever they call it, then wait again for the second incarnation of the iPhone 6 (6S?). But thats just me.

What's Jailbreak? Soldierboykillm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

We know. The iPhone 5 just came out. But that isn’t stopping Apple – at least not from an analyst’s point of view.

According to an analyst by the name of Peter Misek, the iPhone 5S is expected to arrive back on track for Apple’s usual iPhone release time – the middle of the year in June or July of 2013. For the most part, it would look a lot like the iPhone 5, however the analyst points out some new features the iPhone 5S would have that would set it apart from the iPhone 5:

For one, it is believed that the iPhone 5S would adopt the color lineup of the iPod touch 5G, bringing all kinds of colored anodized aluminum options to the iPhone for the first time, such as blue, yellow, red, and others on top of the white and black options. Colors are something that users have requested for a while, but at the time it just seemed strange to do with an iPhone. On the other hand, with all the younger hands getting their hands on an iPhone nowadays, it could be a good selling point.

Misek also sees the possibility of a 128GB storage option, which would offer the greatest amount of storage an iPhone has ever come with. Apple shattered the iPhone storage record in 2011 by offering a 64GB option with the iPhone 4S, so this is entirely possible. It would be plausible because media is growing in size with its higher quality, especially with the iPhone's latest 8-megapixel camera, which records video in full 1080p.

What else? – NFC technology is being brought up again as a possibility. It’s also pointed out that we might be seeing an IGZO display, which would increase the quality of the display. Apart from these changes, some other obvious changes that we've seen in nearly every iPhone release are also expected, such as a better battery and better camera.

Many people are probably going to want to wait out and see if Apple releases a redesigned iPhone after the iPhone 5S (if Apple even names it that) in order to put their money into newer technology that isn’t basically the same iPhone design with an internal hardware upgrade. Some, on the other hand, just won't be able to hold back their shopping habits.

Sources: MacRumors
    If you look at Apples track record, i highly doubt they will include all of that in the next iPhone. Especially the different colors, thats just not Apple. But who knows, they could surprise us all.

Thanks

Don't worry about me il just be sitting in the corner with my iPod touch 1g

Thanks

Everyone knows the next iPhone will be called the iPhone 6...not the 5S.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brian8534 View Post
    128 GB....Really??
    It's amazing
    AND DUDE... the headphone jack is on the BOTTOM! WOW!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I just can't see the colors.
    The storage I could see
    NFC is up in the air

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Everyone knows the next iPhone will be called the iPhone 6...not the 5S.

No, no.. it'll be the iPhone 7! For 7th gen!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    If you look at Apples track record, i highly doubt they will include all of that in the next iPhone. Especially the different colors, thats just not Apple. But who knows, they could surprise us all.
    Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs. Apple is changing. I wouldn't be surprised to see colors and others changes.

Thanks

My iPhone 5 feels old already gimme the iPhone 5S already!
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    They hadn't had an iPod Touch in colors until this year either though. Until now colors have been reserved for the Nano and Shuffle. It wouldn't surprise me if they added colors. I mean, why not? Just so long as they don't announce them and fail to deliver for a year, like with the white iPhone 4. I think NFC is a bigger stretch than colors. #1 on my wishlist is about a 1/4" wider screen, but I've stopped holding my breath on that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm looking at all this and thinking this, "NFC, new processor, and more space. But everything else is so highly unlikely. But it isn't unlike apple to make a piece of junk decent after a rehash."

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How about they just add one row of pixels to the screen so we have true 16x9?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

1 thing that it should come with - Cydia!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (12-17-2012), joshlogic (12-10-2012)

Thanks

Im all for the NFC and colors..i mean i've been wanting that for years. What I don't understand is the need for more storage?? With all of the cloud options we have, who really wants to store and bog down your phone locally? I would rather use cloud storage myself. I know people are suspect about cloud storage but if they want to know whats on your phone, im sure they have ways of finding out :]

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel like adding colors will undermine the sleek and sophisticated feel that has always given iPhone the aesthetic edge over other smartphones. It's okay with iPod Touches because they are primarily purchased for children, or as secondary multimedia devices. I don't know, that doesn't sit well with me, especially if they keep going up the pastel route. Yuck. It's like Easter every day. No thanks.

And I don't understand the obsession with NFC. It's only as useful as its adoption rate. It's like living in Venice and wanting an SUV.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 12-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrrom92 View Post
    How about they just add one row of pixels to the screen so we have true 16x9?
    Lol yes because that one pixel width that can't even been seen by the eye would be so necessary lol

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I can see possibly more storage and a couple different colors. However, until the screen gets wider, I will personally be passing it up. My eyesight sucks and I need a bigger screen. I'm holding out on getting a Samsung though. I can be patient.
    Wouldn't a crisper screen be more useful than a bigger screen? Also a bigger screen does not always mean bigger items. Usually screens get bigger so more content can be viewed at one time. (Ie the content stays the same size just the screen gets bigger)