+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mustard05 I think I'm going to jump off the cliff and try Android. This thread has given me a lot to think about. I appreciate everyone's help.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I think I'm going to jump off the cliff and try Android. This thread has given me a lot to think about. I appreciate everyone's help. I think I'm going to try the Note2. I will know very quickly if it's not for me. But I do not see Apple making a bigger iPhone soon, and honestly, there are only 3 things I am concerned with, 1. bigger screen, 2. battery life and 3. the ability to tether. I will be keeping my 4S and I have several iP4's so I'm not to worried about breaking up my Eco system.

Still, I may change my mind though. I can be very indecisive with purchases sometimes. I'm that guy that went to the store everyday for a month(seriously) to play with the 17inch rMBP. I will say I love that machine. Best computer I have ever owned. I can't believe I tools so long to just buy it.
    you cant say you dont like something if you dont try it.. be interested to see your take one it.. PM me or imessage me [email protected] if you have anyquestion or just to tell me your thoughts once you jump off the edge.. lol

I have some die hard iphone friends that switched to android and wont switch back.. For me just wasnt there.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Oops.. Mustard beat me to it.. But, yes, Anthony - as is the expectation in all battery threads - can you post a proof shot for us ASAP.. Would love to see those kinda stats proved with a pic.
    You know... I used to have a picture on my Twitter and I can't find it. I'll just have to go through another stress test.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,064 Times in 4,557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You know... I used to have a picture on my Twitter and I can't find it. I'll just have to go through another stress test.
    You're always straight with us, Anthony.. Please don't hear distrust.. It's just Battery life issues are almost the reason people lean on to buy or not buy a phone. Empirical evidence is possible to get and show from an iPhone in the Usage window. So it's nice to have. If the 5 has the battery life you're suggesting (which I have to say is still only HALF what Apple reports it should have) then I'll be confident in getting one sooner.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

You're always straight with us, Anthony.. Please don't hear distrust.. It's just Battery life issues are almost the reason people lean on to buy or not buy a phone. Empirical evidence is possible to get and show from an iPhone in the Usage window. So it's nice to have. If the 5 has the battery life you're suggesting (which I have to say is still only HALF what Apple reports it should have) then I'll be confident in getting one sooner.
    Apple reports 16 hours of LTE usage? I thought they said 8. I get 8.

Edit: Yeah Apple's Web site claims 8 on LTE:

I never get the 10 hours on Wi-Fi though. I wish.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-18-2012 at 11:14 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

The 4S has some nice "advertised" batt stats. I never see over 6hr. Never!

Thanks

Yes. Of course you don't. And no one ever gets anywhere near Apple's Standby time either. Not since iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.8.. That was a truly great battery. iOS 5 on iP4 changed things huge as well - proving battery life was also a function of iOS 5 and not just a function of 4S hardware.

The 4S has some nice "advertised" batt stats. I never see over 6hr. Never!
    Yeah - the 4S stats were plain and simple 'false advertising'. I'm amazed Apple was never sued for them.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks

Yes. Of course you don't. And no one ever gets anywhere near Apple's Standby time either. Not since iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.8.. That was a truly great battery. iOS 5 on iP4 changed things huge as well - proving battery life was also a function of iOS 5 and not just a function of 4S hardware.

Yeah - the 4S stats were plain and simple 'false advertising'. I'm amazed Apple was never sued for them.
    My Samsung s3 got half the battery life as my iPhone 4S. I could not go a full work day with out charging. Another reason I didn't like it

Here is how today is going so far. Only made a few calls today (phone calls are really what eats up most battery life) but been on twitter mmi email and imessaging all day

I've never been more happy with a phone battery.

On a side note, ALL companies advertise these crazy battery numbers
    Last edited by subywrex; 12-18-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

I have been hearing that the Note 2 batt is crazy. Heard it last for days.

As for my 4s, this phone is amazing,( I know the iP5 is even more amazing) except the batt life. It's always give and take with Tech.

Thanks

As for my 4s, this phone is amazing,( I know the iP5 is even more amazing) except the batt life. It's always give and take with Tech.
    Actually the 4S battery is terrible - generally and supposedly the 5 is better. I'm sure hoping so..

Thanks

Not sure. That phone is huge!! The galaxy was way to big for me. Cool when sitting down sucked for one handed tasks (majority of my tasks)

Only times I've heard of Samsung phones lasting days is when you under clock and under volt them.

Thanks

I did PM you, however here are my latest battery results on iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2:

Thanks

I did PM you, however here are my latest battery results on iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2:

Great! Thank you, Anthony! That is indeed a MAJOR step up from a 4S. That's back to 3GS and 4 (running iOS 4 not 5) battery life results. I'm relieved. Apple needed a big win on battery life this time. It's still not Apple's spec for battery life but a heck of a lot closer.

May I ask if you only have one email address? And is it an iCloud one? They are notoriously light on battery when Push is on. Pop accts eat up more battery. Do you have multiple email accts?

Thanks for the test and the PM!

Thanks

Idk this seems miss leading. That type of battery life I've only seen achieved by listening to music more than anything. I've owned every iPhone and have never experienced a time that I could go 2 days with it charging.

I would not call myself a "heavy users" either. I talk on the phone at most 45 mins in a day, and just use twitter, email, SMS, safari and stuff though out the day. Don't play any games either.

Never got more than 9.5 hours of usage and when I got that high it was because I listened to music app all day at work.

So if in deed you get that type of batter with solid usage then you got a magical iPhone my friend lol

Thanks

Before it died last night I was able to squeeze out an extra hour of Facebook, Twitter, and Safari usage:

Nothing has been disabled, I'm not sure what's misleading.

Great! Thank you, Anthony! That is indeed a MAJOR step up from a 4S. That's back to 3GS and 4 (running iOS 4 not 5) battery life results. I'm relieved. Apple needed a big win on battery life this time. It's still not Apple's spec for battery life but a heck of a lot closer.

May I ask if you only have one email address? And is it an iCloud one? They are notoriously light on battery when Push is on. Pop accts eat up more battery. Do you have multiple email accts?

Thanks for the test and the PM!
    I use 3 e-mails, iCloud, Hotmail, and ModMyi.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks

Before it died last night I was able to squeeze out an extra hour of Facebook, Twitter, and Safari usage:

Nothing has been disabled, I'm not sure what's misleading.

I use 3 e-mails, iCloud, Hotmail, and ModMyi.
    Wait a minute. How the hell did you get that kind of usage? I cant get that usage if I tried. Something has to be wrong here. Are you pulling are leg Anthony?

Thanks

Wait a minute. How the hell did you get that kind of usage? I cant get that usage if I tried. Something has to be wrong here. Are you pulling are leg Anthony?
    He probably listens to music app a lot of the day. When he was claiming 8 hours usage i can confirm that. 12 hours and 2 days with out charging is unreal. At least in my experience and experience of 100 percent of my friends

I also have 3 push account, and have push turned off on twitter. No way could I get that usage. I know a lot of people with iPhones that pretty much have the same usage patterns as me and none of us could get that type of usage.

On a typical day I get 8 hours of usage and probably 16 hours off charge. So that 1/2 my day in doing something on my phone weather it be phone or music. Or just texting and stuff

48 hours of off charge and 12 hours usage only equates to to using your phone 1/4 of the time it's unplugged.

But to get actual 12 hours in my experience can only happen when you listen to music for a few hours

Thanks

I knew it was too good to be true. But it's not like Anthony to mislead us. It has to do with usage patterns.

On the iPhone 4 on OS 4.2.8 I could get multiple days of standby. After upgrading to 5.0 it screwed the phone. Ever since then no 4S on the planet gets specs like that. I can't speak for iP5 yet since I won't own one for another week. But most of my friends have been reporting same battery life on a 5 as a 4S.. That's why I asked Anthony to post his screen shot. Remember listening mostly to music will not drain the battery like a game. And yet will report as "Usage". Standby is standby .. And that picture is hard to believe.

Thanks

I knew it was too good to be true. But it's not like Anthony to mislead us. It has to do with usage patterns.

On the iPhone 4 on OS 4.2.8 I could get multiple days of standby. After upgrading to 5.0 it screwed the phone. Ever since then no 4S on the planet gets specs like that. I can't speak for iP5 yet since I won't own one for another week. But most of my friends have been reporting same battery life on a 5 as a 4S.. That's why I asked Anthony to post his screen shot. Remember listening mostly to music will not drain the battery like a game. And yet will report as "Usage". Standby is standby .. And that picture is hard to believe.
    Well no doubt he got that usage. And I didn't mean to say he was misleading. I was saying the screen shot is misleading as that really doesn't reflect what his other comments about getting 8 hours lol.

Anyway as stated early I just have never got better battery life than and iPhone 5. Also keeping in mind I've had every iPhone at launch day and have had evey FW produced.

Music uses almost no battery so 3 hours of music will probably only drop you a couple percent but her will show as 3 hours of usage lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Well no doubt he got that usage. And I didn't mean to say he was misleading. I was saying the screen shot is misleading as that really doesn't reflect what his other comments about getting 8 hours lol.

Anyway as stated early I just have never got better battery life than and iPhone 5. Also keeping in mind I've had every iPhone at launch day and have had evey FW produced.

Music uses almost no battery so 3 hours of music will probably only drop you a couple percent but her will show as 3 hours of usage lol
    I agree. He obviously got that usage, but that screenshot does not reflect the type of usage Anthony engage in.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I too get better battery life with my iP5 than I did with my 4S. It lasts all day with quite a bit of usage. I don't use the phone much but I do use the data often.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast