+ Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by luvmytj I'm officially on the "S" train. I used to be a "first version buyer" but ever since I bought a 4S when they came out, I
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I'm officially on the "S" train. I used to be a "first version buyer" but ever since I bought a 4S when they came out, I have decided to wait out the bugs and wait for better hardware of the "S" versions. I will probably get a 5S or whatever they call it, then wait again for the second incarnation of the iPhone 6 (6S?). But thats just me.
    +1 like intel's tick-tock, i'm def a firm believer in Apple's "tock"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    i hope you are joking. The iPhone 5 camera blows away the S3. I took pic with a friends S3 and then my iphone 5 and there was a noticeable quality difference.
    That's what he's saying. If there was a camera of this quality in a Samsung, he would like the Samsung.

As for the article, I can see colors and the storage/camera upgrade, but not NFC. That's a new feature that they'll save for a new design. Unless they decide to forgo the #S this time and go with a new design. It's possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lol, really? you do know that a 128GB phone is already on the market don't you?
    Is there? please enlighten me.

While Samsung have started making 128Gb memory modules AFAIK they have not actually produced any phones using them yet. And I believe they are the only people making them which, given Apple's attempts to move away from relying on Samsung makes this seem unlikely, but Apple might think it worth it for the premium they could charge.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are they serious??? I just got Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 and now in six months 5S?????? Seems very stupid, why doesn't apple stick to 1 upgrade a year like they used to do? I guess i5 is going back to the store (I'm still in 14 day return window)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

While Samsung have started making 128Gb memory modules AFAIK they have not actually produced any phones using them yet. And I believe they are the only people making them which, given Apple's attempts to move away from relying on Samsung makes this seem unlikely, but Apple might think it worth it for the premium they could charge.
    He is probably referring to the 64gb S3 which you can then add a 64gb sd card to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The iPhone is kinda boring me now, i'm all for a redesign. I still think the lockscreen needs ammending, something like lockinfo would be ideal. Colours would bring a touch of personality to it.

I only wish I could get iOS on some other phone because there are some really nice ones out there.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I want a bigger screen and I don't want any other type of phone. However, I don't want a phone that is taller, but not wider. It's the principle of it, to me. I am 6'3. My thumb can easily reach any corner of screen. I am not going to spend a dime on a phone that doesn't really help me, or create value for me.

As for my eyesight, it does suck. That is why I barely use my 4s for anything. You should see the font size I use. Lol.

I can be patient and I will wait for the ip6 I'm sure Apple will go wider with the design because that's the way Apple does business.

dude, why wait when what you want is available right now? why "must" you have an iPhone anyway? I never understood people's reluctance to give up an iPhone when ALL the features they want are available on so many other phones. if you just want iOS for its apps, why not just get an iPod?

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    Are they serious??? I just got Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 and now in six months 5S?????? Seems very stupid, why doesn't apple stick to 1 upgrade a year like they used to do? I guess i5 is going back to the store (I'm still in 14 day return window)
    because 1 phone a year doesnt cut it anymore--apple has fallen way behind the competition and needs to make some major changes to try to keep up. that's why you just got the iPad mini and a 4" screen & 4G on your iPhone.

besides all that, you know that when it comes to phones (Android or iOS) you'll NEVER have the latest and the greatest because there's always something new right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He is probably referring to the 64gb S3 which you can then add a 64gb sd card to.

yes, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperMonkey View Post
    The iPhone is kinda boring me now, i'm all for a redesign. I still think the lockscreen needs ammending, something like lockinfo would be ideal. Colours would bring a touch of personality to it.

I only wish I could get iOS on some other phone because there are some really nice ones out there.
    dump your iPhone for an S III, get an iPod 5G--problem solved.

S III 64GB with a 64GB micro SD card. problem solved.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 12-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks

64 internal plus 64 on a card is not the same as 128Gb. But never mind.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

64 internal plus 64 on a card is not the same as 128Gb. But never mind.
    you're right its not--I think its better. I can carry around more than one micro SD card giving me even more storage.

Thanks

you're right its not--I think its better. I can carry around more than one micro SD card giving me even more storage.
    It has that advantage, but far outweighed by the disadvantages. I was going to say like android, but in that case it's far less clear cut.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

dude, why wait when what you want is available right now? why "must" you have an iPhone anyway? I never understood people's reluctance to give up an iPhone when ALL the features they want are available on so many other phones. if you just want iOS for its apps, why not just get an iPod?
    I don't want any other phone. I like and more importantly prefer the iPhone. It's works perfect and plays nicely with all of my other Apple products. Yes, I want a bigger screen, but I can be patient. Eventually the iPhone will get another screen size upgrade. Just because other options are available, that doesn't mean I should take advantage of them, especially when it is not what I want. There is a difference between getting what a person wants, and settling for something "close" to what a person wants. I have made that mistake far to many times in life and I have learned one important lesson from settling for what you can get. In the end you always end up spending more, when you I could of just been patient the first time around.

Thanks

I don't want a bigger screen. The 5 was a mistake. It wouldn't have happened under Mr. Jobs watch.

If you want those things, or indeed, a cheap phone, buy Android.

If you want the best buy an iPhone - that used to be true under Mr. Jobs but since he's gone I'm not so sure...

Thanks

I don't want a bigger screen. The 5 was a mistake. It wouldn't have happened under Mr. Jobs watch.

If you want the best buy an iPhone - that used to be true under Mr. Jobs but since he's gone I'm not so sure...
    Realistically Apple is still following some of the plans Jobs had in store for the iPhone. Not all, but I'm sure some. Realistically his succession plan was probably made with at least a few years in mind. Though many many factors would lead to changes, some small and others major( like the firing of Scott Forstall), it is unintelligent to believe he(Jobs) and his team did not plan. Especially when they knew his life was so limited. Also, plans for a company after a CEO has left are always made. Companies don't just start over from scratch. It's called a strategic business plan. Do yourself a flavor a look it up. No pun intended.
    Last edited by mustard05; 12-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Disagree wkth this so much. I use an iPhone 4S for work and my 5 for personal. The iPhone 5 screen is perfect for me and the smaller screen allows for just enough space to have some more info show.

I really enjoy the larger screen. It not being wider doesn't bother me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Disagree wkth this so much. I use an iPhone 4S for work and my 5 for personal. The iPhone 5 screen is perfect for me and the smaller screen allows for just enough space to have some more info show.

I really enjoy the larger screen. It not being wider doesn't bother me
    Not being "wider" does bother me. It is the reason I have not upgraded. I'm fine with my 4S.

Thanks

Not being "wider" does bother me. It is the reason I have not upgraded. I'm fine with my 4S.
    So the iPhone 5 is taller and has more real-estate but is the same width as its predecessor. So you would rather keep with a phone that has the same width as its successor but less screen space? Just because its not wider? Lol.

That's some funky logic. The taller screen is just better. It shows more content where it's needed. It also keeps its form factor and ease of use with one hand.

But these are just my opinions. I too thought the taller screen was awful. However after using it I see an iPhone 4S or older and think "can't ever believe I thought this screen size was good".

Thanks

So the iPhone 5 is taller and has more real-estate but is the same width as its predecessor. So you would rather keep with a phone that has the same width as its successor but less screen space? Just because its not wider? Lol.

That's some funky logic. The taller screen is just better. It shows more content where it's needed. It also keeps its form factor and ease of use with one hand.

But these are just my opinions. I too thought the taller screen was awful. However after using it I see an iPhone 4S or older and think "can't ever believe I thought this screen size was good".
    I was at my buddies house today. He has a 5. I used both phones side by side, using the same apps, same websites, same games. The difference was not that impressive. Not worth my money. Though, the phone is sexy. I literally did the comparison for over an hour. Yea, it's a little lighter and thinner, but don't fool yourself with the screen. When using safari, loading the same pages, the 5 got 1 extra word per line in landscape mode. Not one word looked larger, not one slide show looked bigger, nothing was bigger.

You can't make anything naturally bigger by only adding height to the screen. Width needs to be added in conjunction with height. I want a bigger screen that supplies bigger images. I will patiently wait for the iP6 which will prob have a wider screen. Until then, I'll hold on to my money.

And I fail to see where it would show more content where it's needed.
    Last edited by mustard05; 12-13-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks

I was at my buddies house today. He has a 5. I used both phones side by side, using the same apps, same websites, same games. The difference was not that impressive. Not worth my money. Though, the phone is sexy. I literally did the comparison for over an hour. Yea, it's a little lighter and thinner, but don't fool yourself with the screen. When using safari, loading the same pages, the 5 got 1 extra word per line in landscape mode. Not one word looked larger, not one slide show looked bigger, nothing was bigger.

You can't make anything naturally bigger by only adding height to the screen. Width needs to be added in conjunction with height. I want a bigger screen that supplies bigger images. I will patiently wait for the iP6 which will prob have a wider screen. Until then, I'll hold on to my money.

And I fail to see where it would show more content where it's needed.
    Not that I haven't been been wrong or anything. But I'd be surprised if the iPhone changes size anytime soon.

Also please take a look below I hardly see how only one line of text was shown more. It's quite the big difference.

Also keyboard takes up much less space leaving more room for content when your writing. Yes side by side one device in hand to the other in hand is not that big of a deal. However use an iPhone 5 for more than a day then go back after You've adjusted to having more screen

http://www.iphoneinformer.com/wp-con...pps.jpg?3995d3

Also the where weight reduction I feel is very nice and love how thin it is. I'm not being hostile to you or anything just bringing a different view to the table
    Last edited by subywrex; 12-13-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks

Not that I haven't been been wrong or anything. But I'd be surprised if the iPhone changes size anytime soon.

Also please take a look below I hardly see how only one line of text was shown more. It's quite the big difference.

Also keyboard takes up much less space leaving more room for content when your writing. Yes side by side one device in hand to the other in hand is not that big of a deal. However use an iPhone 5 for more than a day then go back after You've adjusted to having more screen

I hope the size changes. It would be very disappointing if it did not.

Thanks

I hope the size changes. It would be very disappointing if it did not.
    I also re read the response you gave to me about no difference in size and realize that you were using the phone in landscape.

By turning the phone in landscape you have proven my point that making something wider does NOT give you the extra content like making something taller. like you said you only got one extra word per line.