+ Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Unfortunately, I could care less about what Apple is going to release as long as jailbreaks are nonexistent. That's my fault though, I've become so spoiled with having jailbreaks that
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I could care less about what Apple is going to release as long as jailbreaks are nonexistent. That's my fault though, I've become so spoiled with having jailbreaks that trying to use a stock idevice is just so boring. Nothing beats an iPhone with a JB though. I really hope I'm not forced to begin looking at Android or Windows phones (I should burn my hand for typing that). It'll be a sad day if/when we hear Jailbreaking is a pleasure of the past.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A camera as good as that in the Samsung would be good!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Im all for the NFC and colors..i mean i've been wanting that for years. What I don't understand is the need for more storage?? With all of the cloud options we have, who really wants to store and bog down your phone locally? I would rather use cloud storage myself. I know people are suspect about cloud storage but if they want to know whats on your phone, im sure they have ways of finding out :]
    Totally agree. I'm all for options so I guess I don't care if they decide to offer it, but I won't be buying it. I ALWAYS bought the largest size they had until the iPhone 5. I got a 32gb and it's not even halfway full. I hardly store any music on it (iTunes Match FTW!) and don't have huge games on it so I've got plenty of free space. NFC would be pretty dope as I can think of some really cool uses for it.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Unfortunately, I could care less about what Apple is going to release as long as jailbreaks are nonexistent. That's my fault though, I've become so spoiled with having jailbreaks that trying to use a stock idevice is just so boring. Nothing beats an iPhone with a JB though. I really hope I'm not forced to begin looking at Android or Windows phones (I should burn my hand for typing that). It'll be a sad day if/when we hear Jailbreaking is a pleasure of the past.
    +1 took the words right out of my mouth. I do love my iphone and I can be patient but I too have been spoiled with jail breaking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

forget the iphone 5. wheres the jailbreak at???

Thanks

Absolutely no way will they be changing the screen on the next version, not after all the hoopla over the redesigned screen on this current version. Maybe in 2014, but not for this next design cycle.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about the AFC? I cant see putting the NFC on the iPhone without the AFC. That would be like putting the National League on but not putting the American League...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r4life66 View Post
    Don't worry about me il just be sitting in the corner with my iPod touch 1g
    OK.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Wouldn't a crisper screen be more useful than a bigger screen? Also a bigger screen does not always mean bigger items. Usually screens get bigger so more content can be viewed at one time. (Ie the content stays the same size just the screen gets bigger)
    That maybe true, but if you increase the font sizes or use any of the accessibility zooming functions. You can still see more on the screen since it is bigger.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

If the 5S gets these upgrades then it'd be the best "S" upgrade we've seen. NFC seems far fetched tho, colors would be nice, new storage options sounds reasonable, the screen seems unlikely tho and a better camera makes sense (same as the 4S). thing with all the iPhone launches, the iPhone X is always more anticipated then the iPhone XS model even though the S model is always worth the wait. I mean look at the iPhone 4 vs the 4S and 3G vs 3GS the S brings ina lot of good stuff but the general media doesn't notice that as much. Ill probably get the 5S and won't wait for the 6 since the S model usually is way less flawed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    AND DUDE... the headphone jack is on the BOTTOM! WOW!
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    What about the AFC? I cant see putting the NFC on the iPhone without the AFC. That would be like putting the National League on but not putting the American League...
    Or the NHL... But then we wouldn't be able to play any games for several months...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Im all for the NFC and colors..i mean i've been wanting that for years. What I don't understand is the need for more storage?? With all of the cloud options we have, who really wants to store and bog down your phone locally? I would rather use cloud storage myself. I know people are suspect about cloud storage but if they want to know whats on your phone, im sure they have ways of finding out :]
    Cloud requires data. Data costs money. Local storage is just that. I'm blessed with unlimited data for now, but not everyone is so lucky.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Banned
    Thanks

Cloud storage is a fail for multiple reasons. To name a few:

1. Cloud storage is not free.
    2. Cloud storage uses wireless data that is not free.
    3. Cloud storage is accessible to a third party.
    4. Cloud storage is not guaranteed to be 100% accessible, making your data completely inaccessible during network outages or when other unfortunate events occur.
    5. Cloud storage requires the transfer of data over a network connection, requiring more power than simply reading from local flash ram and thus shortening battery life.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brian8534 View Post
    128 GB....Really??
    It's amazing
    lol, really? you do know that a 128GB phone is already on the market don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I can see possibly more storage and a couple different colors. However, until the screen gets wider, I will personally be passing it up. My eyesight sucks and I need a bigger screen. I'm holding out on getting a Samsung though. I can be patient.
    your eyesight sucks and you need a bigger screen but you wont buy a phone with a bigger screen because you want to keep an iPhone? makes no sense.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 12-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    If you look at Apples track record, i highly doubt they will include all of that in the next iPhone. Especially the different colors, thats just not Apple. But who knows, they could surprise us all.
    So now Apple wants to copy HTC. Ha ha!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lol, really? you do know that a 128GB phone is already on the market don't you?

your eyesight sucks and you need a bigger screen but you wont buy a phone with a bigger screen because you want to keep an iPhone? makes no sense.
    I want a bigger screen and I don't want any other type of phone. However, I don't want a phone that is taller, but not wider. It's the principle of it, to me. I am 6'3. My thumb can easily reach any corner of screen. I am not going to spend a dime on a phone that doesn't really help me, or create value for me.

As for my eyesight, it does suck. That is why I barely use my 4s for anything. You should see the font size I use. Lol.

I can be patient and I will wait for the ip6 I'm sure Apple will go wider with the design because that's the way Apple does business.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    My iPhone 5 feels old already gimme the iPhone 5S already!
    I know that's right lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    A camera as good as that in the Samsung would be good!!
    i hope you are joking. The iPhone 5 camera blows away the S3. I took pic with a friends S3 and then my iphone 5 and there was a noticeable quality difference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r4life66 View Post
    Don't worry about me il just be sitting in the corner with my iPod touch 1g
    2g here