Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 235 of 235

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's not the point. You should try it WITHOUT BlueTooth on. Remember - you were the one complaining that NO ONE got battery like like Anthony. Well I am now. If you're happy with only 8 hours a day - great!! I am not. Apple's specs promise higher and I want what i was promised.
    .
    I have tried with my Bluetooth off the difference wasnt noticeable. Bedside I don't care how long my phone lasts with out Bluetooth on because its something I use everyday lol.

    And I said that Anthony's battery life seemed crazy. Obviously he is getting that battery life and works for what he needs it to. It's all on how you use your phone. I find a lot of time we all get hung up on what others get and not being concerned with we need and get.

    I don't experiment with settings because my phone gets 2 hours better usage than any other iPhone I've owned and my usage has renamed the same on all devices.

    So I'm happy and I'm not going to drive myself nuts trying to get Anthony's battery life when it very well could just be the type or usage and how he uses his phone.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I have tried with my Bluetooth off the difference wasnt noticeable. Bedside I don't care how long my phone lasts with out Bluetooth on because its something I use everyday lol.

    And I said that Anthony's battery life seemed crazy. Obviously he is getting that battery life and works for what he needs it to. It's all on how you use your phone. I find a lot of time we all get hung up on what others get and not being concerned with we need and get.

    I don't experiment with settings because my phone gets 2 hours better usage than any other iPhone I've owned and my usage has renamed the same on all devices.

    So I'm happy and I'm not going to drive myself nuts trying to get Anthony's battery life when it very well could just be the type or usage and how he uses his phone.
    Of course. Without these adjustments I wasn't getting through the whole day. That's why I need them. Every ip5 will get 2-3 hours less with BlueTooth on or off. I've verified that now. The difference is HUUUGE! Not insignificant. But if you need Bluetooth - then ya gotta have it!! .. I never use Bluetooth. I don't play much music which is one thing you need it for - and for me - speaker phone is way better than any of those Bluetooth earpieces. So I can't think of anything else I'd need it for. Anthony says he's a Moderate to Heavy user and he listed way more things than listening to music which is how you tried to explain away his battery life. I've now learned with a few moderate adjustments I can get that battery life too without crippling my phone - just being a smarter user of the features of my phone. I have a main job and run two side businesses. I heavy use my phone daily - as heavy as any one I've ever heard.. .. I get way better life now.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Of course. Without these adjustments I wasn't getting through the whole day. That's why I need them. Every ip5 will get 2-3 hours less with BlueTooth on or off. I've verified that now. The difference is HUUUGE! Not insignificant. But if you need Bluetooth - then ya gotta have it!! .. I never use Bluetooth. I don't play much music which is one thing you need it for - and for me - speaker phone is way better than any of those Bluetooth earpieces. So I can't think of anything else I'd need it for. Anthony says he's a Moderate to Heavy user and he listed way more things than listening to music which is how you tried to explain away his battery life. I've now learned with a few moderate adjustments I can get that battery life too without crippling my phone - just being a smarter user of the features of my phone. I have a main job and run two side businesses. I heavy use my phone daily - as heavy as any one I've ever heard.. .. I get way better life now.
    My numbers report different. 2-3 hours more usage is no where near what I got with Bluetooth off. Maybe 30 min to an hour. Granted I'm only using Bluetooth when I'm in my car. But I still leave it on through out the day so when I get in my car my music starts right away

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    My numbers report different. 2-3 hours more usage is no where near what I got with Bluetooth off. Maybe 30 min to an hour.
    Well you'd have to prove that to me as I've done the test on three different iP5es now.. But granted - you may be a SUPER heavy user and that would indeed affect your results. But even 30 minutes to an hours is HUUUUGE!
    Granted I'm only using Bluetooth when I'm in my car. But I still leave it on through out the day so when I get in my car my music starts right away
    Yeah. If I had need for it that would change the equation huge. I remember HATING forum members that would insist if I only turned off my PUSH I'd get better battery life. The kind of work I do REQUIRES PUSH on at least one account (from work). So I could never take advantage of the extra battery time I'd get for turning it off. So I understand where you're coming from. If bluetooth is part of the way you use your phone - you GOTTA have it on.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But Riddle me this: if you leave your Phone on the charger all night, like most of us out here in the real world do, how is using the Do Not Disturb setting overnight any savings of battery at all - since any screen coming on from banners would be while the phone is plugged in and not be a drain at all?
    I don't like to leave batteries hot longer than it takes to charge them. It's not good for Li-Ion batteries. I only charge during the day as long as it takes to get to 100.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't like to leave batteries hot longer than it takes to charge them. It's not good for Li-Ion batteries. I only charge during the day as long as it takes to get to 100.
    As far as my research the iPhone quits charging once its full. This is probably one of those things we have to agree to disagree.

    I just know what I've had. I've had every iPhone and other phones in between. My phone always charges the 6-8 hours while I sleep. I've never once had a drop in battery performance.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't like to leave batteries hot longer than it takes to charge them. It's not good for Li-Ion batteries. I only charge during the day as long as it takes to get to 100.
    I have to agree with Subby on this one, Anthony. Lion Batteries don't get hot when you leave them on the charger after they're fully charged. When I pickup my phone in the morning it is perfectly cool at room temperature After I unplug the charger. I read on several technical forums exactly what Suby is saying. The charger goes down to a very little trickle after the battery reaches 100%. Leaving it on the charger overnight will never hurt your battery. Actually from what I've read it's more dangerous to use your phone while it's plugged into the charger. Those crazy stories you hear about phones catching on fire. And it's just inconvenient to use it while it's on the charger. But sometimes I have to.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #228
    Okay. Here's my first full day with phone having been plugged in all night and a normal 10 hour day of heavy usage. These battery stats, using Anthony's sensible preference settings adjustment (and no BlueTooth) are getting me very close to Apple specs. So I'm happy,

    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #229

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nice. Here's mine for today. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1359606773.189459.jpg
    Are you using similar sensible preference settings as the ones Anthony listed earlier in the thread, Simon?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Are you using similar sensible preference settings as the ones Anthony listed earlier in the thread, Simon?
    My battery is kickin some major A on 6.1



    Same settings and usage as any of my other screen shots

  12. #232
    I always have to charge my ph atleast 2x's a day

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    I always have to charge my ph atleast 2x's a day
    That's crazy noise lol

  14. #234

  15. #235
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,714
    Thanks
    6,948
    Thanked 15,489 Times in 7,088 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Are you using similar sensible preference settings as the ones Anthony listed earlier in the thread, Simon?
    Nothing turned off and not doing anything special to save battery. Even some game playing in that usage.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •