+ Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 235

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Analyst: iPhone 5S in June 2013 With NFC, 128GB Storage, Colors, Better Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Wishful thinking - but not going to happen because Apple's core principle is "the same stable iOS experience from ALL users". An open iOS platform could
...
  1. #181
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Wishful thinking - but not going to happen because Apple's core principle is "the same stable iOS experience from ALL users". An open iOS platform could not guarantee the same stable experience from all users. With OSX you're not in danger of an unstable experience. That's why it's more open than iOS.
    How do you figure? Osx can be made to run unstable. Root access is there. Just mainly apps install to the sandbox

  2. #182
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    How do you figure? Osx can be made to run unstable. Root access is there. Just mainly apps install to the sandbox
    There's a world of difference between the two! I'm beginning to believe that you just like to argue, Suby.. Lol!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  3. #183
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    There's a world of difference between the two! I'm beginning to believe that you just like to argue, Suby.. Lol!!!
    No I'm serious. A Mac can easily be bogged down. To say that it can't is crazy. My original statement was wishful thinking however I know it won't happen. Just is funny to me.

    I know there is differences but believe me I have friends with same laptops as mine and mine run circles cause they just install anything.

    Ram issues, reboot issues, all that stuff exists

  4. #184
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Bump
    Well I have my iP5 now and I will say, Suby, that you're right about the real strengths of the 5. I was unprepared for how light and thin the 5 would be in comparison to the 4S. Like you said the 4S feels like a brick in comparison. The speed is wonderful. Some of the new iOS 6 stuff is handy. Camera beautiful. Battery life I still have to test. Did my first full charge fr 1% all the way to full last night. So I'll use it heavy today with PUSH turned on and report back. Great phone. I get my SIM adaptor later this week. I still can't live without my Jailbreak so in just test driving my 5 for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    .
    Also because the 5 and older phones share the same width when flipped landscape that means that the height is exactly the same making 4:3 videos looks exactly the same on both devices other than letter boxing on the 5.
    Just as I said earlier in the thread , the aspect ratio is now not right on a lot of video. Anything on Netflix that was recorded in 4:3 (about 80% of all video still) now letter boxes on sides in Landscape which it didn't on a 4S. It would fill whole screen if the screen were wider in Portrait. 16:9 looks great on 5 but still so much video cut in 4:3. It's a trade off - because I do love the 'taller' screen for more icon space and when we get a jailbreak the extra space for widgets and icons will be awesome.

    Now we just need a jailbreak!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  5. #185
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,811
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 983 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Just as I said earlier in the thread , the aspect ratio is now not right on a lot of video. Anything on Netflix that was recorded in 4:3 (about 80% of all video still) now letter boxes on sides in Landscape which it didn't on a 4S. It would fill whole screen if the screen were wider in Portrait. 16:9 looks great on 5 but still so much video cut in 4:3. It's a trade off - because I do love the 'taller' screen for more icon space and when we get a jailbreak the extra space for widgets and icons will be awesome.

  6. #186
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Lol!!! I suppose so!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  7. #187
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Okay - I'm cautiously optimistic about this iP5 battery. Today was moderate to heavy usage - surfing - talking on phone , one hour Netflix movie, lots of email and forum writing. This is a little fuller than normal day for me and my battery's been thru one full discharge cycle already. So this is an accurate reading. Oh and PUSH on all day too. And 50% brightness.

    So this is clearly better than any 4S specs I've have seen or experienced with my own 4S- but still nowhere near Apple specs. But I'm going to be happy about it for now.

    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #188
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Lol agreed. And what Netflix Stuff do you watch? Lol you must watch a lot of real low budget weird videos. Because I can't think of the last time I saw something recorded in 4:3 lol

    Also as stated before. 16:9 videos on a 4s are shrunk down to fit on the screen or content.

    The iPhone 5 literally displays 4:3 videos in the EXACT size as it does on an iPhone 4S lol.

    Lets look at it this way. Title blocks are your punishment for watching old *** videos lol.


    But yes the iPhone 5 is better in every way. I love it and am happy to spend money on the next one haha

  9. #189
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    The iPhone 5 literally displays 4:3 videos in the EXACT size as it does on an iPhone 4S lol.

    Lets look at it this way. Title blocks are your punishment for watching old *** videos lol.
    Haha!! Well maybe - but I assure you, Suby, 80% of the videos available to be seen are still 4:3. Those are just the facts, sir. The newer stuff as well as feature length film and some ducumentary stuff is all 16:9 as are some news outlets - but most television series are still 4:3. You just have to trust me. This is my profession. ..

    But I enjoy this 5.. No worries there!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #190
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Haha!! Well maybe - but I assure you, Suby, 80% of the videos available to be seen are still 4:3. Those are just the facts, sir. The newer stuff as well as feature length film and some ducumentary stuff is all 16:9 as are some news outlets - but most television series are still 4:3. You just have to trust me. This is my profession. ..

    But I enjoy this 5.. No worries there!!
    Dude you are high off your ***. Do you know how long HD TV has been going on? A long time. 80 percent is just ridiculous and is no where close to a fact. It's a made up number that you guess lol

  11. #191
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Iphone in different colours . That's something i don't really wish i would see in the future models.

  12. #192
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Dude you are high off your ***. Do you know how long HD TV has been going on? A long time. 80 percent is just ridiculous and is no where close to a fact. It's a made up number that you guess lol
    I'm not a hack, Suby. I'm a professional. And I don't do drugs, my friend. Back off please. :-/ You simply can't dominate this conversation when you don't know what you're talking about. You're a fine themer, my friend, but on the topic of video format saturation in the market place you're obviously misinformed.

    The most popular phone on the planet right now is the S3 .. Why ? Well, many reasons - but one main reason is that their screen preserves 4:3 aspect ratio.

    Though I can't stand Android!!! I will always be Apple. I've already admitted the 5 is awesome.

    Peace.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-07-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #193
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'm not a hack, Suby. I'm a professional. And I don't do drugs, my friend. Back off please. :-/ You simply can't dominate this conversation when you don't know what you're talking about. You're a fine themer, my friend, but on the topic of video format saturation in the market place you're obviously misinformed.

    The most popular phone on the planet right now is the S3 .. Why ? Well, many reasons - but one main reason is that their screen preserves 4:3 aspect ratio.

    Though I can't stand Android!!! I will always be Apple. I've already admitted the 5 is awesome.

    Peace.
    I was being friendly but if you want to tell me to back off then your takin it up a new level.

    First off TV and movies are made for Tvs and 16:9 HD Tvs have been around longer than any smart phone that steams these contents.

    You constantly throw out numbers that are your guesses. You don't see me arguing a number. It's because I don't know it. To say in 2013 that 80 percent of Netflix streamable content is non HD seems crazy to me when HD format is standard at this point.

    You may be a professional but I am also a professional graphic designer. This does not mean I know everything there is to know about graphic design.

    So please feel free to put some sources up because calling out numbers and saying its "fact" is ignorant and simply silly. These numbers are your guesses. But hey I could be wrong and I'm no denying that.

    However as an observer of life and the fact that 99 percent of Tvs that are being sold are HD and sized for 16:9 Id
    Say that's the standard ouput for modern media.

    Like I said I am in no way saying I know your wrong. What I'm saying is my observation of your replies are that of someone who makes guesses and not actual facts.

    Besides the point and regardless of the percentage. I guess when you do your professional video stuff you are using a non widescreen? Your upset that SD videos have title blocks but ok with HD videos being cut off?

    My point is technology is pointing in a direction away from standard definition.

    Anyway I still say all this with respect and no irritation. I never called you a hack and never claimed to be a professional. I was simply stating my opinion and not claiming them as hard facts
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-08-2013 at 12:46 AM.

  14. #194
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Suby you always state your opinions as if they were facts. That's why you end up in so many arguments with people here. You have called me crazy about 10 times so far in this conversation. It was starting to get irritating when I know these facts and work with them every single day of my life. Read a little more about Aspect ratio, bro and new standards. I know that I can tend to overstate things too, my friend. Maybe that's why we hit heads as often as we do. No we been agreeing a lot more lately. :-)

    I think, like me, you like a universe in which you can make "global" statements about everything, like when you said the iPhone 5 is superior in "every" way over the 4S. I mentioned one way in which the 4S is still superior and you can't live with that. You have to make your "universal truth" be the final word on the topic.

    Listen, bro, we fight a similar battle with tha wanting the last word. Lol!! So let's just "agree to disagree" which we did about 40 posts ago and not bring the topic up again.

    If something is an opinion of yours you need to change the way you word your statements, my friend. I know, I do too. :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  15. #195
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  16. #196
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Thanks! The first thing you'll notice in that article is that the size of the LCDTV/Monitor (in 16:9) , pictured in that article, does not match the aspect of our iPhone 5's screen. Our iP5 screens are wider in Landscape. Tell me.. What does that teach us?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  17. #197
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    The very fact that you continue to equate HDTV with 16:9 aspect ratio proves that you don't really understand the business that I'm in. HDTV doesn't automatically mean 16:9 ratio my friend. Read a little more about it.
    You sugested we read up on 16:9 (although you seem to have edited your post) so I thought I'd take your advice and post what I found.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #198
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You sugested we read up on 16:9 (although you seem to have edited your post) so I thought I'd take your advice and post what I found.
    Yeah. When I reread my post to Suby I felt I needed to soften it. But your posting of the article illustrates my point well. Thanks.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  19. #199
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,047
    Thanks
    3,875
    Thanked 7,534 Times in 2,380 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Haha!! Well maybe - but I assure you, Suby, 80% of the videos available to be seen are still 4:3. Those are just the facts, sir.
    Not trying to stir up anything but I would like to see what sources you are using to justify this percentage. As a professional one must always be able to cite his or her sources. By saying you are a professional doesn't legitimize a statement especially when throwing out an exact number.

    These debates can always be settled with supplying sources. So with that being said, do you think you can direct me to where you are getting this number? Otherwise it's just a random statement like, "80% of all statistics are made up on the spot". Just saying.

  20. #200
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,573
    Thanks
    3,944
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Not trying to stir up anything but I would like to see what sources you are using to justify this percentage. As a professional one must always be able to cite his or her sources. By saying you are a professional doesn't legitimize a statement especially when throwing out an exact number.

    These debates can always be settled with supplying sources. So with that being said, do you think you can direct me to where you are getting this number? Otherwise it's just a random statement like, "80% of all statistics are made up on the spot". Just saying.
    Yeah.. Fair enough, Krima. Good point. I was speaking generally but since I've challenged Suby I should provide some data. Let me find something. Good challenge, Krima.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Krima (01-08-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts