+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Currently $50-off At Best Buy

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you want to get an iPhone 5 for your family for the holidays, or maybe for yourself, then Best Buy might be a good place to get one; right
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 773 Posts

Default iPhone 5 Currently $50-off At Best Buy

If you want to get an iPhone 5 for your family for the holidays, or maybe for yourself, then Best Buy might be a good place to get one; right now! The iPhone 5 is the latest iPhone you can get, housing a powerful A6 chip, blazing-fast LTE connectivity, a 4-inch retina display, and a stunning 8-megapixel camera.

Best Buy is now offering the iPhone 5 for $50 off of the regular retail price, which means the 16GB iPhone 5 can be had for just $149.99, the 32GB iPhone 5 can be had for just $249.99, and the 64 GB iPhone 5 can be had for just $349.99.

The 16GB and 32GB units that are on sale include both white and black and include all of the following carriers: AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Since this price is the carrier-based price, you will be locked into a two-year contract with the carrier of your choice.

Best Buy’s Web site doesn’t tell us when the sale will be over, so if you want an iPhone 5 at this discounted price, you should act quickly. Shipping is free.

Sources: Best Buy via 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought one about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if they will they give me a refund?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is from the Best Buy website:

Buy It Now with Confidence
    Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I bought one at a best buy the end of November. It is still within the exchange/return period. I will be taking my receipt in and see if they will refund me the $50.

*They refunded the $50, no problems
    Last edited by izzyb97; 12-11-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Update

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

"Valid through 1/5/13. Limit 2 per person"

Received that from BestBuy email for the $50 off sale.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,034 Times in 4,536 Posts

How does Best Buy verify your eligibility for the upgrade pricing - since for the first time in iPhone history there are two tiers of upgrade pricing? (one for people 1 year into contract and a different price for people 18 months into contract)????
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can get another 5000 rewardzone points too. http://www.rewardzonemobile.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It does include the 64GB version.... straight from their website.....
    "Save $50 on any iPhone 5 or 4S with 2-year agreement. Plus free shipping"

and the 64GB phones are on that list of 45 items, but some are "Not available for Shipping"

This is good news since I just went there on Saturday and got mine (came with a $25 gift card).
    Last edited by Murphdog; 12-10-2012 at 07:01 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't help but laugh at the way the article was written. Nothing bad about it, it just sounded so much like someone trying to sell me on the iPhone lol. I almost went and bought it until I realized that I already own one. LOLOLOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    How does Best Buy verify your eligibility for the upgrade pricing - since for the first time in iPhone history there are two tiers of upgrade pricing? (one for people 1 year into contract and a different price for people 18 months into contract)????
    When you put the iPhone in your cart, you have to put your phone number in. I'm sure Best Buy website has an API call into AT&T's system to verify eligibility.

I don't have a line to check for the "more than 1 yr, but less than 2 yrs" pricing. I'm more than 2 years into my contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    When you put the iPhone in your cart, you have to put your phone number in. I'm sure Best Buy website has an API call into AT&T's system to verify eligibility.

I don't have a line to check for the "more than 1 yr, but less than 2 yrs" pricing. I'm more than 2 years into my contract.
    Oh.. So this deal is only available thru their website?

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh.. So this deal is only available thru their website?
    Sorry about that. I guess I shouldn't make that assumption. I would imagine it's available in store too.

Thanks

Is best buy doing this because the iPhone 5S rumors? xD.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Banned
    Thanks

what's this???!!!! the iPhone 5 has a price drop already? Oh my.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    what's this???!!!! the iPhone 5 has a price drop already? Oh my.
    No, no!! Everybody just calm down! Best Buy does this every year at Christmas time. They did it last year with the 4S too. The price will go immediately back up in early January. There is no 5S on the horizon I assure you. The five best will come just like every new iPhone in September or October of next year. The $50 price drop is just a Christmas thing. Everyone take a deep breath.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

This deal is both online and in-store.

As an Authorized AT&T reseller Best Buy's system can remotely access AT&T records to confirm eligibility for both standard & early upgrades.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    This deal is both online and in-store.

As an Authorized AT&T reseller Best Buy's system can remotely access AT&T records to confirm eligibility for both standard & early upgrades.
    Thanks. You don't have to activate in store.. right?

If wife's eligible for standard upgrade - but I'm not , I can give them her phone # and get low price - right? Do they do any ID checking? Or just ask for a phone #?

Thanks

Thanks. You don't have to activate in store.. right?

If wife's eligible for standard upgrade - but I'm not , I can give them her phone # and get low price - right? Do they do any ID checking? Or just ask for a phone #?
    Yes, you have to activate in store.

If you're an authorized user on the account and have the required info then you can do exactly what you want (it's called an alternate upgrade), we do them all the time.

Thanks

Yes, you have to activate in store.

If you're an authorized user on the account and have the required info then you can do exactly what you want (it's called an alternate upgrade), we do them all the time.
    Online purchase no need to activate - right?

I need to not activate yet since I'm waiting for jailbreak. But I want low enough an iOS 6 version pre-installed that it's jailbreakable. So I need a plan to buy now - and shelve activation until after jailbreak is out. If I buy after jailbreak is out - likely new ones at that time will be too high an iOS version to JB. There's a very tricky timing thing you have to do when waiting to upgrade until a JB is available. I got it right last time by buying 4S at 5.0.1 in early Dec. '11 from Apple - arrived unactivated at an iOS level that was eventually JB-able. Then activated after JB out. Unlocked my 4 and sold for more than I paid for it. It turned out that even 5.1 and 5.1.1 were JBable too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks

Online purchase no need to activate right?

I need to not activate yet since I'm waiting for jailbreak. But I want low enough an iOS 6 version that it's jailbreakable. So I need a plan to buy now - and shelve activation until after jailbreak is out. If I buy after jailbreak is out - likely new ones at that time will be too high an iOS version to JB. There's a very tricky timing thing you have to do when waiting to upgrade until a JB is available. I got it right last time by buying 4S from Apple - arrived unactivated at an iOS level that was eventually JB-able. Then activated. Unlocked my 4 and sold for more than I paid for it.
    Nope, ALL iPhone 5 purchases require in store activation.

Activating an iPhone doesn't force you to upgrade iOS though. If you want to deactivate the iPhone 5 and continue using your older device just contact your carrier and switch your line back to the older device.

Thanks

Nope, ALL iPhone 5 purchases require in store activation.
    You mean with Best Buy? This isn't the case with Apple purchase online or inStore.

Activating an iPhone doesn't force you to upgrade iOS though.
    That's not the issue - the concern as I explained in my post is in having to buy the most current phone which could have an iOS one level too current to be JB-able if you wait to buy until the JB is released. This was the case with iPhone 3S.
    If you want to deactivate the iPhone 5 and continue using your older device just contact your carrier and switch your line back to the older device.
    Well that's good to know but seems like to much hassle. I don't want to activate and then unactivate.

But thanks for info. Strange that Best Buy will make you bring in your online purchased phone to get activated when all iPhones, in box, are activate able from home. Weird.