Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Hopeful that Obtaining iPhone Will Bring Back Lost Subscribers

Thanks

Default T-Mobile Hopeful that Obtaining iPhone Will Bring Back Lost Subscribers

As many T-Mobile customers have jumped ship turning to rival carriers to be able to use the iPhone, the wireless carrier’s recent efforts to obtain Apple’s immensely popular smartphone from next year have paid off. The wireless carrier is clearly hoping that this move will help it bring back lot subscribers. Chief Executive John Legere wants to see Apple’s flagship smartphone make a positive impact on the carrier’s subscription numbers by 2013, something that is likely to happen.

According to Legere, “it is an aggressive target but we think it is possible.” The wireless carrier has clearly been struggling without the iPhone as it lost 510,000 customers during the first quarter of 2012 than 557,000 customers during the second quarter, followed by another 492,000 customers in the third quarter. For those of you who are too lazy to do the math, that’s roughly 1.56 million customers lost in nine months. Although not all customers who left T-Mobile jumped ship for the iPhone, the device was certainly playing a big part in the losses the carrier faced. Legere said “it was very clear that a certain number of customers wouldn’t come to the store if we didn’t have the iPhone. There was a definite impact.”

Apple’s iPhone has been making such a big impact in the industry that T-Mobile has been unofficially trying to appeal to unlocked iPhone customers. The carrier went as far as providing iPhone 5 micro-SIMs, despite not carrying the handset, and has been hard at work upgrading its HSPA+ network to support the iPhone in many different areas. Now that the wireless carrier has inked the deal with Apple to carry the iPhone in 2013, it isn’t a surprise for the company to be hopeful in regaining some of its many lost subscribers.

Source: Reuters
    Last edited by blkcadi; 12-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry I already left...

me too... but would GLADLY return if they paid me to break my contract. T-Mobile has been nothing but great and the customer service and unsupported support nothing but awesome.

Call me too lazy to do the math, but what will you call me when I tell you that you said they lost customers in 2013 and its only 2012? Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    Call me too lazy to do the math, but what will you call me when I tell you that you said they lost customers in 2013 and its only 2012? Just saying...
    Haha owned!

Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    They might have a chance regaining customers. Given the time the iPhone comes out people will be close to the end of contracts.... But who knows if a company is giving u good service from the start why leave for another one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No one proof reads any more or the writer of this article lives in the future?

"it lost 510,000 customers during the first quarter of 2013 than 557,000 customers during the second quarter"

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

Typo fixed guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Sorry I already left...
    Many have in the UK since T-Mobile removed tethering on their full monty plan. In the UK now there are better options like THREE 3 provider.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post

"it lost 510,000 customers during the first quarter of 2013 than 557,000 customers during the second quarter"
    It's a small typo I think you understood what he meant. Pick a nit elsewhere.

Thanks
    I've heard great things about T-Mobile, but they've definitely dropped the ball. In my honest opinion, I think they should really start upping their coverage areas. I know some people that had to migrate from T-Mobile, because when they moved to a new location, they didn't have service.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    So, apparently T-Mo USA won't be offering subsidies on these iPhones http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/07/tech...mobile-iphone/. A friend at work (who has used T-Mo in the past) claimed this is the norm for them and most of their customers 'don't care.' I can't imagine having to pay $849 for my 64GB iP5, even with a monthly "payment plan", esp for a network that isn't anywhere near as comprehensive (in terms of coverage) as the top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by own3d View Post
    call me too lazy to do the math, but what will you call me when i tell you that you said they lost customers in 2013 and its only 2012? Just saying...
    lmao!!!

Shady company with poor customer support and service. Which of those will give me the incentive to go back?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post

Don't expect too much from this "journalist"

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    It's a small typo I think you understood what he meant. Pick a nit elsewhere.

Small typo? I'm sure these "writers" are being paid for their work here. I'm not a writer, but even I know that you're supposed to proof read your work before you publish it. When you're publishing something for the masses to see/read, having correct grammar, spelling and composition goes a long way to help your credibility, more so than having actual facts IMO. Guess they didn't teach you that in school.

Thanks

Yup, your no writer (or the others that jumped on the bashing band wagon either) otherwise you would be posting articles.

If all you have to do is complain about a typo you must have a sad life.
    To point a mistake out respectfully and care about being a productive part of the forums rather then being so negative and in my opinion just being a troll and posting to bash or put someone down is just lame IMHO.
    It is a public forum, but there are still rules and courtesies.
    Grab a mitt and get in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Yup, your no writer (or the others that jumped on the bashing band wagon either) otherwise you would be posting articles.

If all you have to do is complain about a typo you must have a sad life.
    To point a mistake out respectfully and care about being a productive part of the forums rather then being so negative and in my opinion just being a troll and posting to bash or put someone down is just lame IMHO.
    It is a public forum, but there are still rules and courtesies.
    Grab a mitt and get in the game...
    *you're* , but I guess it's ok since you're just a moderator. Then again, you could be a writer on here since it's obvious that anybody can be one.

It DOES say MMi Staff Writer underneath their name, so that's why I hold them to a higher standing. Guess it's more important to get the story out there as fast as possible and not check for errors.

Back on topic, T-Mobile might very well be too late on the iPhone train. We'll see how/if the iPhone will help them out. They sure had some of the best plans, but their coverage was not all that great.

How does someone become a writer on MMi? I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    How does someone become a writer on MMi? I wouldn't mind trying it out.
    At the bottom of any page there is a "Contact Us" link, that will get you to the owners. Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoloDiva13 View Post
    So, apparently T-Mo USA won't be offering subsidies on these iPhones T-Mobile to sell iPhone -- with tradeoffs - Dec. 7, 2012. A friend at work (who has used T-Mo in the past) claimed this is the norm for them and most of their customers 'don't care.' I can't imagine having to pay $849 for my 64GB iP5, even with a monthly "payment plan", esp for a network that isn't anywhere near as comprehensive (in terms of coverage) as the top 2.
    I coughed up for my 5 (and 4S), full freight. Don't regret it one iota.

I pay $60/month for the two phones' service, as opposed to VZW's $140 or AT&T's $150 (over fourteen months), has saved me between $1120 and $1260. Adjusting to one phone and twelve months under the same scenario, $30/mo. versus $70-$75 saves $480-$540 per year. That beats the average U.S. carrier subsidy.

Paying for the phone up-front means I can afford yearly upgrades with no contracts, plus the device comes factory unlocked. It's a cash flow thing--and I find it's in one's favor to take it on the front-end instead of over two years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast