+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Expected to Sell 5 Million T-Mobile iPhones Next Year

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With Apple products officially coming to T-Mobile USA in 2013, one analyst has projected that the deal will add nearly 5 million sales for the Cupertino California company. In a
    Thanks

Default Apple Expected to Sell 5 Million T-Mobile iPhones Next Year

With Apple products officially coming to T-Mobile USA in 2013, one analyst has projected that the deal will add nearly 5 million sales for the Cupertino California company. In a recent investors note, Amit Daryanani with RBC Capital Markets said that with about 33 million subscribers on T-Mobile, Apple could sell roughly 4.8 million iPhones in the first year.

Daryanani pointed out that Sprint, which is the third-largest carrier in America, sold 6.3 million iPhones in the first year of availability. That represented about 20% of the total number of postpaid subscribers at Sprint. Of T-Mobile’s 33 million subscribers, 70% are said to be postpaid, which means Apple can target roughly 24 million postpaid subscribers.

With the assumption that the same 20% of people buy an iPhone that did so on Sprint, this puts Apple in line to sell roughly 4.8 million units in the first year. The addition of T-Mobile USA as an official carrier partner will net Apple roughly 4 to 5 million more iPhone sales overall. He assumes that iPhones sold to T-Mobile customers would have an average selling price of roughly $600 and gross margins around 50%, which would be adding more than 60 cents to RBC’s projected $50 earning-per-share estimate for Apple’s fiscal year 2013.

According to GigaOm, the iPhone experience on T-Mobile will involve unsubsidized “Value Plans” which will feature cheaper rates for voices and data but will require customers to pay a larger upfront cost to buy a new phone. This trend already seems to be apparent among T-Mobile users as 80% of them opted for Value Plans last quarter. Another interesting tidbit which was implied by T-Mobile CEO, John Legere, was that the company will lessen the burden on customers by offering a monthly finance plan, charging a flat sum up front and then a monthly fee thereafter to pay off the device in installments.

Such a move seems to bode well not only for T-Mobile, which has been struggling trying to obtain the iPhone in the past, but also for Apple, which will hopefully bounce back up from a recent stock price decrease. RBC Capital Markets has maintained its "outperform" rating for AAPL stock with a price target of $750 as a result.

Source: GigaOm via AppleInsider
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 12-06-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post

With the assumption that the same 20% of people buy an iPhone that did so on Sprint, this puts Apple in line to sell roughly 4.8 million units in the first year. The addition of T-Mobile USA as an official carrier partner will net Apple roughly 4 to 5 million more iPhone sales overall. He assumes that iPhones sold to T-Mobile customers would have an average selling price of roughly $600 and gross margins around 50%, which would be adding more than 60 cents to RBC’s projected $50 earning-per-share estimate for Apple’s fiscal year 2013.

Assuming the same 20 percent of those buy an iPhone that did so on Sprint, similar predictions for T-Mobile put Apple in line to sell 4.8 million units in the first year. As such, Daryanani had projected that the addition of T-Mobile USA as an official carrier partner will net Apple between 4 million and 5 million more iPhone sales. With the assumption of the iPhones sold to T-Mobile customers for roughly an average selling price of $600 and gross margins at around 50%, a move like this one is likely to add more than 60 cents to RBC’s projected $50 earning-per-share estimate for Apple’s fiscal year 2013.

Source: GigaOm via AppleInsider
    Written twice -_-

Thanks

Should be interesting considering how Bad their service is from what i've heard BUT..I never go by what i hear, i'm just glad that ALL 4 Major carriers have an iPhone, NOW...the REAL game begins; the Battle of Plans.ROUND ONE!!! READY?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    Should be interesting considering how Bad their service is from what i've heard BUT..I never go by what i hear, i'm just glad that ALL 4 Major carriers have an iPhone, NOW...the REAL game begins; the Battle of Plans.ROUND ONE!!! READY?
    I have an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile. The phone service is fine. I get better reception in placed I never got reception with AT&T, my basement, my brother's basement apt..BUT the data kinda sucks right now. T-Mobile had been switching from Edge to 3G but its slow. When they upgrade all their towers, it should get a lot better.

Thanks

I had Tmo for 3 years and NEVER had an issue with my service. I had the "iPhone Plan" with Tmo and had to use Edge that was the only drawback. I never lost signal and always had clear calls.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tmobile date
    Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    i have galaxy note 2 with tmobile..never have a problem..i get 20mbs ..in the bay area..which is really really fast

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

I've been with T-Mo for over 12 years, since it was Voicestream, and never ever had an issue with service, dropped calls. I feel their customer service to be just awesome and am so happy I stayed loyal and dealt with Edge all these years. Couldn't be more happy...and saving tons of bucks too.