Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Confirmed: T-Mobile in Business with Apple

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Confirmed: T-Mobile in Business with Apple

Apple products are officially coming to T-Mobile.

Having lagged for too long behind the nation's top three wireless carriers (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint), each of which carries and provides service for Apple products, T-Mobile is finally entering the iDevice arena with big plans for 2013.

Although bold statements were made without specifics regarding the full nature of the deal, it is widely expected that T-Mobile will mirror the consumer options offered by rival carriers in the U.S. by providing coverage for Apple's mobile devices, like the iPhone and iPad.

"T-Mobile USA has entered into an agreement with Apple to bring products to market together in 2013," the press release from the fourth biggest carrier reads.

"Following on from the preceding steps such as the spectrum swap with Verizon, the towers deal with Crown Castle and the transaction with MetroPCS that we have announced, we have now added the final piece to the jigsaw to boost the competitiveness of T-Mobile USA sustainably," René Obermann, CEO of Deutsche Telekom, pledged.

Source: T-Mobile (Investor Update)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony9592 View Post
    Finally.
    I wish this was going to be the last post in this thread. There's nothing more to be said, really.

Now if they could just improve their service...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

T-Mobile has had the iPhone for years...... In the UK.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    T-Mobile has had the iPhone for years...... In the UK.
    Hell, DTAG subsidiaries were the exclusive carrier in Germany for a while, plus they carry the device in several other European countries. The US was always the aberrant omission...

OT: This probably means my grandfathered dirt-cheap plan and official tethering without a jailbreak are all going by the wayside sooner rather than later. Shoot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Hell, DTAG subsidiaries were the exclusive carrier in Germany for a while, plus they carry the device in several other European countries. The US was always the aberrant omission...

OT: This probably means my grandfathered dirt-cheap plan and official tethering without a jailbreak are all going by the wayside sooner rather than later. Shoot.
    Yep.

OT: The pink branding puts me off. It's not that it makes me 'uncomfortable'. It's just over pink. They force it down your throat like they are saying "Yeah we're pink. F' you! Have more pink."

Like someone who makes a big deal about being different. We don't care!

Great I finally get 3G for my iPhone and now all of a sudden they want to carry the freaking phones. This three years over due.

Fffffiiinnaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the world is really going to end ....

Quote Originally Posted by qbnucca View Post
    Great I finally get 3G for my iPhone and now all of a sudden they want to carry the freaking phones. This three years over due.
    It's not coincidence that they are carrying the iPhone once 3G is available for it finally.

it may be time to switch from ATT to T-Mobile. there rates are much better then ATT.

Thanks

Not sure why it took so long but im sure a lot of Tmo users are jumping for JOY!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

this should be done long long long time but Apple didn't. The should have sold lot more iphone if they had T-mobile on board 4-5 yrs ago. ..

I wonder if tmobile cell phone rates will stay the same?

I doubt it, cause it was cheaper for non-official iPhone user to be on Tmobile but since they will officially carry the iPhone, their rate plan might try to match other carriers to make more money.

At the end if the day, it's all about money