Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'iPhone 5S' Prototype Points to Purported Design Changes

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    I cant wait either, although I like my new iDevice, I kind of regret upgrading and losing the ability to make/test widgets.

Stefan Esser tweeted about a M00nsh1ne beta jailbreak, so maybe the Jailbreak Devs have something up their sleeves

Did you take the plunge yet and get yourself a iPhone 5 for Christmas ? I remember you posting about running both devices off of one Sim, I was just curious as to your thoughts...
    Gonna get it this weekend! Still waiting for my nano to micro SIM adaptor to come in.. I'll report back..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Then you've never gone over 2GB, my friend. I assure you AT&T does INDEED throttle. The moment you hit 2G - your speeds drop to 3G or edge until next billing cycle.

This is true. They have no way of detecting hack tethering. But they do know when you've gone over 2GB and they WILL throttle.
    I haven't been throttled. But I don't tether ever month. Only when I am on business trips. And, even if I was, I would not care. As long as I have the ability to tether in happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I haven't been throttled. But I don't tether ever month. Only when I am on business trips. And, even if I was, I would not care. As long as I have the ability to tether in happy.
    Yeah. You haven't gone over 3GB yet. If you did - you'd have been throttled. I was throttled only once. It was back when it was only 2GB over which they'd throttle you. It was NO fun as I had to sit at 'Edge' speeds for over a week until my bill renewed. Even then I had to call them to ask them to take off the throttle after they didn't release it the first day of the new billing cycle. It's amazing AT&T can call something 'unlimited' and then 'limit it'.

I don't abuse tethering. And yes, I have gone over 3gig. I hit 6 gigs during my last business trip and Netflix and XBMC worked just fine while tethering. Again, I dont make a habit of it. So I have not been throttled because I'm not in the highest percent of data users.

I don't abuse tethering. And yes, I have gone over 3gig. I hit 6 gigs during my last business trip and Netflix and XBMC worked just fine while tethering. Again, I dont make a habit of it. So I have not been throttled because I'm not in the highest percent of data users.
    Tethering still working isn't confirmation of your not bring throttled, Mustard. Netflix worked for me too after being throttled. Wasn't as stable and a few more buffering moments. You get dropped from 4G to something between Edge and 3G. The insignia in upper left hand corner of phone doesn't change either. But a simple speed test site can prove it. And if u have an ip5 on LTE you don't get throttled until after 5GB.

But if they didn't throttle you (which is doubtful) you got lucky! Imagine that - AT&T being charitable.. Lol!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-27-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Why are you so adamant on proving every person in the world is going to be throttled because you were/are? Again, I dont abuse my data, and I have not been throttled. Trust me, I would know. I appreciate you opinion on the subject though, and no pun intended.

Why are you so adamant on proving every person in the world is going to be throttled because you were/are? Again, I dont abuse my data, and I have not been throttled. Trust me, I would know. I appreciate you opinion on the subject though, and no pun intended.
    I'm just stating facts, Mustard. They're inconvenient sometimes - but they are what they are. AT&T 'defines' "data abuse" by a set number over which they will throttle you. I never for a moment said you got throttled - though you tried to prove that you hadn't been throttled with an example (Netflix still working after you'd gone over 3GB) that doesn't prove you weren't throttled.

So I do believe there is the possibility AT&T could be lenient. I just don't want misinformation about AT&T's policy to push someone into the position others have gotten into by tethering their computers to their phones with a hack - and running up huge data usage and end up getting throttled. And to be clear: AT&T defines what "data abuse" is - not the individual.

I'm happy you got lucky, Mustard, really I am. But others be warned that AT&T has a stated data limit on 'unlimited' plans - as reprehensible as that sounds and is.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-27-2012 at 09:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    AT&T can't really tell if your hack does it properly (routing tethering data through the regular data APN). AT&T has sent warnings that seemed to indicate that they could tell if you were tethering, but high-data users got those messages even if they had not ever used tethering. All you had to do was call them and say "I'm not tethering. Put me back on my unlimited plan." You probably waited too long.
    Unfortunately this is NOT true at least with me! I have NEVER used more than 3gb of data. I have been with ATT cingular Cell one with the same number and plan for over 15 years. I have 5 phones on the plan. Had unlimited. I think what they CAN do is tell what KIND of data you use and then something sets off a bell. i.e video or flash or something. I do NOT have the unlimited plan anymore and they just slammed me into a tethering plan with 5gb because they said I was tethering again!! I do tend to tether for hours at a time BUT I am not streaming or anything I just remote desktop into my server at home when I am at remote locations once or twice a week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123