+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'iPhone 5S' Prototype Points to Purported Design Changes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Dranon Cant believe you have not been caught tethering yet! It seems everyone I know myself included have been caught and slammed into a 3gb or 5gb
    Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Cant believe you have not been caught tethering yet! It seems everyone I know myself included have been caught and slammed into a 3gb or 5gb with tethering plan!
    I'm also still grandfathered into an unlimited plan (AT&T) and tether with MyWi on my i4. They don't seem to care unless your usage becomes ridiculous. It may also be that our account is over 10 years old and they don't want to lose us to Verizon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Cant believe you have not been caught tethering yet! It seems everyone I know myself included have been caught and slammed into a 3gb or 5gb with tethering plan!
    I have been tethering for a long time now and I have never had issues. Granted, I only tether to send an email, it upload a file. Sometimes I need to tether to do homework. Even with tethering, I never use more than 3 to 5 gigs a month. I really don't need an unlimited plan, but why give it up. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    I'm also still grandfathered into an unlimited plan (AT&T) and tether with MyWi on my i4. They don't seem to care unless your usage becomes ridiculous. It may also be that our account is over 10 years old and they don't want to lose us to Verizon.
    They don't throttle your speed? I know I was on unlimited and every time I would go past 2 gigs they would throttle my speed down to something completely unusable...and very frustrating.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redline11786 View Post
    They don't throttle your speed? I know I was on unlimited and every time I would go past 2 gigs they would throttle my speed down to something completely unusable...and very frustrating.
    My speed has never been throttled.

*T*
    Thanks

I would hope they change the inside of the next iPhone...

Thanks

Apple please release jailbreak for i5... 😝😆

Thanks

Im 4 generations behind and they just don't stop making new ones facepalm

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If your hack does it properly (route tethering data through the regular data APN used by apps), AT&T can't really tell. AT&T has sent warnings that seemed to indicate that they could tell if you were tethering, but high-data users got those messages even if they had not ever used tethering. All you had to do was call them and say "I'm not tethering. Put me back on my unlimited plan." You probably waited too long.
    Last edited by Shigoroku; 01-24-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,008 Times in 4,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    My speed has never been throttled.
    Then you've never gone over 2GB, my friend. I assure you AT&T does INDEED throttle. The moment you hit 2G - your speeds drop to 3G or edge until next billing cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    AT&T can't really tell if your hack does it properly (routing tethering data through the regular data APN). AT&T has sent warnings that seemed to indicate that they could tell if you were tethering, but high-data users got those messages even if they had not ever used tethering. All you had to do was call them and say "I'm not tethering. Put me back on my unlimited plan." You probably waited too long.
    This is true. They have no way of detecting hack tethering. But they do know when you've gone over 2GB and they WILL throttle.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-26-2012 at 06:46 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,703 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Then you've never gone over 2GB, my friend. I assure you AT&T does INDEED throttle. The moment you hit 2G - your speeds drop to 3G or edge until next billing cycle.
    This is 100 percent wrong. AT&T does not throttle till you hit 3GB and 5GB if you have an LTE phone. I encourage you to do a little homework before you put out false statements like this. I know how you prefer people to do the same when they post comments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    This is 100 percent wrong. AT&T does not throttle till you hit 3GB and 5GB if you have an LTE phone. I encourage you to do a little homework before you put out false statements like this. I know how you prefer people to do the same when they post comments.
    Yes, yes.. Krima - you're right! My apologies. Good call. It was 2GB for years and years(post #23 verifies this as well) and it was taken to 3GB more recently and 5GB for LTE as of the release of the iP5 from what others have said too. I haven't looked it up in a while.

But as usual you have missed the main point for the more minor detail (because you like to stalk me and look for contrarian positions to take with me; the very definition of Internet trolling ) - the main point being - that throttling definitely still happens with AT&T and that they can't detect hack tethering from normal usage.

But thanks for correcting my error. You're right - I hate misinformation.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks

Yes, yes.. Krima - you're right! My apologies. Good call. It was 2GB for years and years(post #23 verifies this as well) and it was taken to 3GB more recently and 5GB for LTE as of the release of the iP5 from what others have said too. I haven't looked it up in a while.

But as usual you have missed the main point for the more minor detail (because you like to stalk me and look for contrarian positions to take with me; the very definition of Internet trolling ) - the main point being - that throttling definitely still happens with AT&T and that they can't detect hack tethering from normal usage.

But thanks for correcting my error. You're right - I hate misinformation.
    Your are very welcome and once again you have to add the insult to admission. Nearly every time u r incorrect u have to say u missed my point. You can't just simply be wrong and leave it at that. This is the very definition of an egotistic person. How come you can respond to so many people and argue your point but when I do you have to call me names. But I suppose you need some defense to justify your need to always be heard.

Thanks

Your are very welcome and once again you have to add the insult to admission. Nearly every time u r incorrect u have to say u missed my point. You can't just simply be wrong and leave it at that. This is the very definition of an egotistic person. How come you can respond to so many people and argue your point but when I do you have to call me names. But I suppose you need some defense to justify your need to always be heard.
    I never call people names, Krima, as several others do here. I don't have anything personal against you. But you do a lot of "projecting" of your own issues onto me. You hardly ever say a word on threads (low post count). When you do a search on your name here in the forum - and choose recent posts by forum member - a huge number of your posts and almost all your recent ones are in threads immediately after I posted something. That's interesting. What does it mean? It means you like taking contrarian positions to "me" specifically. Again that's the very definition of Internet forum trolling. Notice I'm labeling a behavior and not calling you a name.

If I were to see more of your posts adding positivity and information to these threads, something I do daily, then I'd have a different view of you. But for some reason you've "assigned yourself" to me - kinda line Ahab and his whale in Moby DÓck. Again I say - "interesting".

Focus on adding positive helpful information to the forum, Krima, and I will stop with the irresistible sarcasm with which I have to respond to you.

Again it's nothing personal - but you started this with me shortly after I got here. I did not go after you...

We can start afresh if you wish. I have an 'established personality' as do many here. I won't apologize for it or change it. If it bothers you - just place me on ignore, please.. But cease this silly cat and mouse stalking of every thread I'm in waiting for a moment to pounce.

Thanks in advance.

And I always welcome a correction to wrong info., But you never stop there -you egg on as you did in your closing comment of your correction post. Classic trolling behavior again. I just want it to stop and all will be well.

But you likely won't - you'll just keep trying to get the last word in an endless game as in that last thread where you just kept writing back two word responses to everything I said. More classic troll activity - as is refusing to take something to PM (trolling can only survive in the open forum)....

Please respond in PM to this as we're now off topic (but I know you won't.. :-/)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-26-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks

I never call people names, Krima, as several others do here. I don't have anything personal against you. But you do a lot of "projecting" of your own issues onto me. You hardly ever say a word on threads (low post count). When you do a search on your name here in the forum - and choose recent posts by forum member - a huge number of your posts and almost all your recent ones are in threads immediately after I posted something. That's interesting. What does it mean? It means you like taking contrarian positions to "me" specifically. Again that's the very definition of Internet forum trolling. Notice I'm labeling a behavior and not calling you a name.

If I were to see more of your posts adding positivity and information to these threads, something I do daily, then I'd have a different view of you. But for some reason you've "assigned yourself" to me - kinda line Ahab and his whale in Moby ****. Again I say - "interesting".

Focus on adding positive helpful information to the forum, Krima, and I will stop with the irresistible sarcasm with which I have to respond to you.

Again it's nothing personal - but you started this with me shortly after I got here. I did not go after you...

We can start afresh if you wish. I have an 'established personality' as do many here. I won't apologize for it or change it. If it bothers you - just place me on ignore, please.. But cease this silly cat and mouse stalking of every thread I'm in waiting for a moment to pounce.

Thanks in advance.

And I always welcome a correction to wrong info., But you never stop there -you egg on as you did in your closing comment of your correction post. Classic trolling behavior again. I just want it to stop and all will be well.

But you likely won't - you'll just keep trying to get the last word in an endless game as in that last thread where you just kept writing back two word responses to everything I said. More classic troll activity - as is refusing to take something to PM (trolling can only survive in the open forum)....

Please respond in PM to this as we're now off topic (but I know you won't.. :-/)
    The reason I don't PM you because you say all this stuff and add at the end to PM you. Again you have to have your voice heard first and last. If starting fresh was so important to you then you would have sent me a private message but of course you didn't. Instead you needed to go on this rant and say your peace.

This is fine as long as you pay the same respect to me. Again, this is an egotistical need.I would love to start fresh but I will not change as u have stated you won't change. If you can't see the similarities into what you have done and what I do then we are at an impasse.

If you want to continue this discussion I hope you PM me so we can start fresh but if you don't then I take it as you are not truly interested in finding common ground.

Thanks

The reason I don't PM you because you say all this stuff and add at the end to PM you. Again you have to have your voice heard first and last. If starting fresh was so important to you then you would have sent me a private message but of course you didn't. Instead you needed to go on this rant and say your peace.

This is fine as long as you pay the same respect to me. Again, this is an egotistical need.I would love to start fresh but I will not change as u have stated you won't change. If you can't see the similarities into what you have done and what I do then we are at an impasse.

If you want to continue this discussion I hope you PM me so we can start fresh but if you don't then I take it as you are not truly interested in finding common ground.
    Read you PM..

Thanks

Read you PM..
    Got it, thanks so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

I have an 'established personality'
    LOL, understatement of the year Thanks for the chuckle my friend

Thanks

Got it, thanks so much.
    Please clear your PMs, Krima - they're full. I can't respond..

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    LOL, understatement of the year Thanks for the chuckle my friend
    LOL!!!! Fair enough. Hope you are well, Drifter. Can't wait until you're back to work for us with a Jailbreak for 6....

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (12-26-2012)

Thanks

Please clear your PMs, Krima - they're full. I can't respond..
    Done my friend.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

LOL!!!! Fair enough. Hope you are well, Drifter. Can't wait until you're back to work for us with a Jailbreak for 6....
    I cant wait either, although I like my new iDevice, I kind of regret upgrading and losing the ability to make/test widgets.

Stefan Esser tweeted about a M00nsh1ne beta jailbreak, so maybe the Jailbreak Devs have something up their sleeves

Did you take the plunge yet and get yourself a iPhone 5 for Christmas ? I remember you posting about running both devices off of one Sim, I was just curious as to your thoughts...